Table of Contents Show
AirPlay is a built-in feature that lets you screen mirror iOS and Mac to Apple TV, that’s the real benefit of having an entire Apple ecosystem, we don’t have to download any third-party application to extend the functionality of iPhone or Mac. Looking at this, Apple is trying to embed all the possible features to avoid third-party applications on Mac and iPhone, one of the best examples is AirPlay.
AirPlay lets you stream videos and other content to your Apple TV from iOS and Mac, whichever. Unfortunately, AirPlay is not appreciated much by its users just because of AirPlay Stops, AirPlay Stutters and Plays Intermittently or AirPlay Choppy on Apple TV.
Fix AirPlay Stops, AirPlay Stutters or AirPlay Audio Out of Sync
Solution 1: Restart Mac, iPhone
Irrespective of the issue, you’ll have to probably restart the Mac or iPhone, to ensure that the problem is minor or major. Although, some geeky people already rebooted their phones and Mac, while encountering AirPlay Stop or AirPlay Stuttering or AirPlay Playing Intermittently, isn’t it. Quick restart can fix system glitches and show you if it worked or not.
To Restart the iPhone,
- iPhone 8 or Later, press and quickly the Volume Up button, press and quickly release the Volume Down button and lastly, press and hold the Power button until Apple logo appears.
- iPhone 7/7Plus, press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- iPhone 6S/6SPlus or Earlier, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Power button until the Apple logo displays on the screen.
To Restart Mac, click on the Apple menu and select Restart.
Solution 2: Disable Bluetooth
We don’t know how, but turning off Bluetooth can resolve AirPlay performance issues and this statement was itself given by Apple. So, AirPlay keeps freezing or Apple TV Stuttering AirPlay then, make sure Bluetooth is disabled on Mac and iPhone.
- On iPhone, go to Settings app > Bluetooth > Toggle Off Bluetooth.
- On Mac, on the top menu bar find Bluetooth icon and Turn if Off.
Solution 3: Check This Too
Repositioning the electrical devices like microwave oven, refrigerator or smart gadget would help eliminate the AirPlay performance issues. No matter, how great are those smart home appliances are, but somehow, its high power motors, and magnetic material are responsible for slow AirPlay on Mac.
Moving the large electrical appliances could make any difference, change their locations just to see if the interference between AirPlay is over or still persists.
Solution 4: Check Internet Connection
Depending upon the device that you are using, iOS or Mac, you’ll have to diagnose the wireless connection. If you are facing AirPlay issues while using it with iPhone, at that time, switch the wireless connection to cellular data or vice versa, this could do something.
Likewise, for Mac users, Apple has included diagnostic software to scan the entire wireless network to the root and find out the cause. See how to run diagnostic,
- Click on the Wi-Fi while pressing the Option key on Mac.
- Choose Open Wireless Diagnostic.
- To continue you have to enter the password.
A few tests will be conducted to analyze the wireless connection and represent you with genuine reason, whether everything is alrighty or need to repair the connection.
Once the diagnostic is finished, you will receive two messages, Monitor my Wi-Fi Connection and Continue to Summary. To stay on the safe side, go for Monitor my Wi-Fi Connection and give some more time to Mac and hope for good. Lastly, you can check the report from the Summary.
Solution 5: Check Your Wireless Router or AirPort
The internet speed has gone too far, a few years back we were playing with MBs but now, most of the people have Gigabit speeds for super-fast streaming, downloading and playing over the web. However, if AirPlay stops or AirPlay Video Freezes while you have speed in Gigabits, there is no meaning of it.
For AirPort users, you can try to update the AirPort to the latest firmware from Mac’s AirPort Utility Application and see if the issue still persists or gone.
For wireless router peoples, ask yourself a question, what type of wireless router do you possess, Dual-Band, Tri-Band or Normal? Usually, the high-speed network connection needs dual-band or tri-band wireless router to bare with the speed, single-band won’t handle Gigabits.
Despite, restart the router, to do so, unplug the power adapter and plug it back. Next thing is to update the router’s firmware.
Solution 6: AirPlay Audio Won’t Sync with Apple TV
While watching favorite TV Show or Movies and the audio appears to be lagging or not syncing, what to do. However it is not a one-time issue, you’ll need to deeply check the root cause and eliminate it, otherwise, Apple TV AirPlay Stuttering Audio will continue.
Here’s how to do it, using Apple TV and iPhone’s built-in feature.
- Sit in front of Apple TV holding the iOS device.
- Go to Settings and select Video and Audio on Apple TV.
- Find and choose Wireless Audio Sync.
- Now look on your iOS device, a message will appear stating, Wireless Audio Sync.
- Tap Continue.
- Your Apple TV may show authentication code if it appears to enter it on iOS devices. Authentication may not require if you have connected the same iOS device to Apple TV earlier.
- Now Audio Sync begins, Apple TV will play a tone from TV Speakers.
- Once the Audio Sync completes, a message will reflect on Apple TV indicating Audio Sync Complete.
- Select Done.