Get the exact apple pay cash issue for use in the Message app. Apple Pay brings much reliability for proceeding with transactions quickly and easily. You will get this facility in the iMessage app without the additional application required to use Apple Pay, or you can ask Siri to open Apple Pay. Instantly pay bills or transfer money to a family member using a card you already have in your wallet.
Before we dive into the troubleshooting to fix Apple Pay Cash Not Working on iPhone, let me show you how to set Apple Pay Cash on iPhones, and iPad.
What to do when Apple Pay Cash Not Working on iPhone?
Apple Pay Cash Compatible Devices
- Apple Pay works with all the iPhones with Face ID and iPhones with Touch ID (Except iPhone 5S).
- iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro supported Face ID and Touch ID.
- Apple Watch Series 1 or later
- Apple Watch (1st Generation)
- Mac with Touch ID
- Mac (2012 or later)
Mandatory requirements to use Apple Pay are:
- Currently, the Apple Pay facility is only available in the US, and the person is eligible to apply if he/she is above 18 years.
- The device must be installed on the latest iOS and for iWatch, you will require the latest watchOS 5.1 or later version.
- Also, check if your account is locked, then you are not able to use apple pay cash. (You need to check your verification identity on your iPhone/iPad or Apple Watch)
- For iPhone: Open the Wallet app on the iPhone and tap your Apple Pay Cash Card.
- For iPad: Open the Settings app on iPhone. Tap on Wallet & Apple Pay > Tap on Apple Pay Cash Card
- For Apple Watch: Open Apple Watch app on iPhone > Tap on Wallet & Apple Pay > Tap on Apple Pay Cash Card.
See the option for Verify Identity, or you can also contact Apple Support. Follow on-screen instructions and submit verification details.
- For further transactions (i.e., sending or receiving money) on any device, a person must need to sign in on iCloud with the correct Apple ID.
- The debit or credit cards must be compatible with Apple Pay for a successful transaction.
- Ensure your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch are connected to the internet.
How to Set Up Apple Pay Cash in Wallet and Use in Message
Method 1: Using Apple Wallet App
- Go to the Wallet app on iPhone.
- On the upper-right screen, tap +.
- Apple Pay set-up instructions will appear, tap Continue after reading it.
- Add Debit Card, Credit Card, or Apple Card, and choose any one of them.
- You can manually enter all the card details or scan the card with the iPhone camera.
- Move forward, tap Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the verification process of the added card.
Method 2: Using Settings App
Then Accept “Terms and Conditions,” and you can efficiently use Apple Pay. Sometimes it may ask you to verify the identity. Now you are ready to send or receive money securely using your iPhone, Apple Watch, or iPad to your family or friends.
When you receive money from someone in Message before accepting, then it will automatically get stored on the Apple Pay Cash card. And after that, you can use this money to purchase something, send money to others, or transfer the funds to a bank account.
Once, you will need to set up Apple Pay by following the given steps:
- #1: Go to “Settings.”
- #2: Tap on “Wallet and Apple Pay.”
- #3: Open the “Apple Pay Cash card” and follow the instructions.
When you want to turn off Apple Pay from one device, you can turn it off quickly, and if you’re going to use Apple Pay on another device, you need to sign in with your Apple ID on iCloud.
If you’re facing any issues regarding sending or receiving money, follow the steps and try to fix them.
- #1: Check for updates in iOS or watchOS and also check whether your device is eligible or not.
- #2: Apple Pay will require an excellent cellular or Wi-Fi connection to send or receive money.
- #3: You must sign in to iCloud and iMessage with the same Apple ID.
Apple March Event Update: Apple launched a new physical card called Apple Card in an event. That’s why after iOS Update,
Apple ends funding Apple Pay Cash from credit cards as it announces its own card
Apple has quietly ended the option of funding Apple Pay Cash balances from a credit card.
Send Money Not working: Payment Not Send
After following each step check whether Apple Pay is sending money or not.
- #1: Restart the device on which you are using Apple Pay
- #2: Sending money will only be successful if the receiver is eligible to use Apple Pay Cash payments. The receiver must possess iOS and watchOS with the latest version. And if these conditions are not met, you will get a message showing that the receiver is not eligible for the text.
- #3: If the device displays “choose lower amount” or “try again” kind of error, you must check your transaction limits and update them.
- #4: When you transfer money directly using your debit or credit card, and at that time you face any error, then you need to contact the bank or card issuer.
Certain circumstances occur such as,
By mistake, if you sent money to other people, at that time, you can ask the opponent to give back your money by messaging him/her.
You can also cancel the payment if the receiver has not accepted the payment
The receiver should receive the payment within seven days otherwise; the money will be a return to your account.
How to Receive Money
After following each step check whether you can receive money or not.
- #1: Restart the device
- #2: Verify if you are eligible as per the requirements
- #3: For accepting the money, you need to tap on the take in the message.
- #4: If you have “turned off” the auto-accept option, then to receive money every time, you have to tap on “Accept” the message. It is better to turn on auto-accept from settings.
- #5: Determine whether the Apple Pay Cash is “turn on” or not, for that, you need to approach settings and then “Wallet and Apple Pay.”
- #6: Again, check your transaction limits if you face a message like “try again” or “request a lower amount.”
Could Not Set Up Apple Pay Cash
Solution 1: Worked Trick
Step 1: Turn Off iCloud on iPhone
- To do so, open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Then tap on your name banner.
- Scroll to the end of the screen and select Sign Out.
- You may be asked to enter Apple ID, enter it and proceed.
- Select Turn Off.
- Doing this will disable Find My Phone, you may have to turn off Find My Phone, prior to turning off iCloud.
- A list of following apps will appear, turn them green to keep the copy of selected apps stored on your iPhone, which includes, Calendar, Stocks, Safari, Keychain, and Contacts.
- After all of these settings, tap on Sign Out at the upper-right screen.
Step 2: Disable Passcode on iPhone
On iPhone X or Later,
iPhone with Face ID,
- Go to the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap Face ID & Passcode.
- Turn Off the Passcode.
On iPhone 8 or earlier,
iPhone with Touch ID,
- Settings App > Touch ID & Passcode > Disable Passcode.
iPhone without Touch ID and Face ID,
- Settings App > Passcode > Turn Off the Passcode.
Step 3: Force Restart iPhone
Later, to fix Apple Pay Cash Not working error, restart the iPhone.
For iPhone 8 or Later,
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up Button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 7/7Plus,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Side button and release it when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 6S/6SPlus or earlier,
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo displays on the screen.
Step 4: Turn On iCloud on iPhone
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the first option, to Sign In to your iCloud Account.
- Enter Apple ID & Password to sign in to your iCloud account.
- iCloud will automatically be turned on.
Step 5: Set the Passcode
For iPhone X or Later,
- Go to the Settings App > Face ID & Passcode > Turn On Passcode > Enter the six-digit password.
For iPhone with Touch ID,
- Settings App > Touch ID & Passcode > Enable Passcode > Set Passcode.
For iPhone without Touch ID and Face ID,
- Settings App > Passcode > Set Passcode.
You can even customize passcode to four-digit, custom alphanumeric code, or custom numeric code whatever you like.
Step 6: Set Up Apple Cash
Check the first title on this article, to learn how to set up Apple Pay Cash on iPhone, If you don’t know already or open Wallet app > Apple Cash card > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete set up.
Solution 2: Restore iPhone to Factory Settings
Still, if Apple Pay is not working on the iPhone, then I’m afraid you have to restore the iPhone to factory settings. However, make sure to back up the iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on General > Reset.
- Select Erase All Content & Settings.
- Confirm, by entering a passcode.
These are many consequences, which may interrupt your experience of using Apple Pay. Some small issues will be solved by pursuing the above procedures frequently.
- Check Apple Pay Cash History on iPhone
- Apple Pay Cash Alternatives
- Send-Receive Apple Pay Cash Via iMessage
Above all are the possible fixes for Apple Pay Cash Not Working on iPhone. Or Unable to send or receive money via iMessage as Apple pay cash.