watchOS 6 Arrived but not without Error: The brand new Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch was introduced with the watchOS 5. But people are now taking interest and using Walkie-Talkie. What if you are the new user on Walkie-Talkie and stuck with multiple issues? There is nothing to worry; we will guide you to fix Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie not working.
Apple Structured Walkie Talkie App Just like Free Voice Messaging Service that’s connected with FaceTime. But it’s secure and Not Cross-Platform. Only Apple Watch Users Can Send Voice or Audio Message from One Apple Watch To Another.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
- First of all, you need to make sure that FaceTime is enabled on your iPhone, which is paired with your Apple Watch. Besides, sign in with your Apple ID on FaceTime to use Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch.
- FaceTime also needs your Apple ID and Phone Number as with the help of this, one can reach your FaceTime.
- Try to make FaceTime Audio Call from Apple Watch, if it works then FaceTime is Working Correctly. (FaceTime Waiting For Activation)
- The Walkie-Talkie feature will not work on Shared Apple ID.
- If you are unable to find Contacts to Invite, then Reset Network Settings on your iPhone along with Force Reboot the Apple Watch.
- Disable/Enable Walkie-Talkie, Be Available on your Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie app.
- For once delete all the contacts from the Walkie-Talkie and after restarting the Apple Watch invite them from Apple Watch.
- Get the help of Siri and FaceTime Audio Call, like Hey Siri and then FaceTime [name of the contact].
- Walkie Talkie App Missing or Not Showing in Apple Watch, Reason is FaceTime App Deleted From iPhone.
- Contacts not showing on Apple Watch for Walkie Talkie. Do Reset Sync Data from iPhone Watch App.
Most Common Mistakes and Solutions for Walkie-Talkie Not Working on Apple Watch
Common Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie issues
- Apple watch walkie talkie not connecting
- Apple watch walkie talkie could not connect
- Apple watch walkie talkie not inviting
- Apple watch walkie talkie invite not working
- Apple Watch Walkie talkie invitation not working
- Apple watch walkie talkie invitation not working
Jump to Your Problem:-
How Walkie Talkie Works?
Does my Apple Watch Compatible With Walkie-Talkie
Walkie Talkie Not Responding
Walkie Talkie Not Showing Contacts
Walkie Talkie Not in Control Center or Delete From Apple Watch
Walkie-Talkie invitations not sending or receiving?
Delete Contacts From Walkie Talkie Apple Watch
Invite or Send Walkie Talkie Invitation from Apple Watch
Is my Apple Watch compatible with Walkie-Talkie?
Primarily you have to check if your Apple Watch is compatible with Walkie-Talkie? The Walkie-Talkie feature was introduced last year with watchOS 5 or later (Update Apple Watch), and unfortunately, the Apple Watch Series 0 doesn’t support watchOS 5. So don’t try to use Walkie-Talkie on older Apple Watch.
Walkie Talkie on Apple Watch connects with other Apple Watch using Apple ID only. So you can test with FaceTime. we can send Walkie Talkie invitation from apple watch only. Once request accept on another end, We can send or Receive Talk to each other without Carrier plan using WiFi or Data Plan in Free.
- FaceTime Must Work Perfectly on your Apple Watch
- Walkie Talkie is Enabled, Showing in the above image or Enable from Walkie Talkie Watch App.
- Start Making Walkie-Talkie Call from Apple Watch Successfully.
watchOS 5 compatible Apple Watch?
- Apple Watch Series 1, Apple Watch 2, Apple Watch 3, Apple Watch 4 – Cellular, GPS, WiFi
- Wi-Fi and Cellular Model, both support Walkie-Talkie.
- Walkie-Talkie doesn’t work with Shared Apple ID.
- For now, the Walkie-Talkie app is unavailable in Pakistan, China, and UAE.
Not Finding a Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch? Try FaceTime/ Walkie-Talkie app is missing on Apple Watch?
On my Apple Watch when I deleted the FaceTime app from iPhone, the Walkie-Talkie app also disappeared. It looks like Walkie-Talkie app is entirely dependant on FaceTime. So if you have removed the FaceTime, it is obvious the Walkie-Talkie app will automatically get removed.
You can also find Walkie-Talkie App on Apple Watch control center (Swipe Finger up on your Apple Watch Face), tap on it to Enable Walkie talkie for you. So Another Apple Watch users can invite you and Start call.
Walkie Talkie Not Responding
Force Close Walkie Talkie app on your Apple Watch. Press the Side button to view all running apple watch apps. Find Walkie-Talkie app and Slide left the App Preview on App Switcher screen. Tap close to Force close app.
Also, You can hard Reboot your Apple Watch, Press and Hold Side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen. Now Press the Side button to Turn on Apple Watch again like a normal.
Here’s how to download FaceTime on Apple Watch,
FaceTime Deleted or Not Setup correctly on your Paired iPhone. Now Check it installed or not. If Not then Download and install from the App Store.
- Step #1: Launch the “App Store” on your iPhone.
- Step #2: Do a search for FaceTime.
- Step #3: Download and install the FaceTime.
- Step #4: Now, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Step #5: Scroll down and tap “FaceTime.”
- Step #6: Sign-in with the Apple ID that you want to use for FaceTime and verify all the information entered in there.
Note: Make sure to check the blocklist on FaceTime. Otherwise, you cant Walkie-Talkie someone who is blocked on FaceTime.
- Step #7: Look for the Walkie-Talkie app(Yellow icon With Camera centered) on the Apple Watch.
- Still, Walkie-Talkie missing on Apple Watch, then you should unpair and repair the Apple Watch with iPhone.
Walkie-Talkie invitations not sending or receiving?
- Step #1: Open up the“Watch” app on the iPhone.
- Step #2: Scroll down and tap “Walkie-Talkie.”
- Step #3: Below, you will see multiple contacts.
- Step #4: Swipe left and tap “Remove” to delete the contacts.
Alternatively, it is also possible to remove the contacts right from the Apple Watch.
- Step #1: Open the “Walkie-Talkie” on your Apple Watch.
- Step #2: Likewise, swipe left on the particular contact that you would like to remove.
How to invite on Walkie-Talkie? And New Contacts or Remove Waiting
- Step #1: Launch the “Walkie-Talkie” on Apple Watch.
- Step #2: Swipe down and tap + to resend invitation on Walkie-Talkie.
- Step #3: Follow the same step 2 and invite multiple contacts on Walkie-Talkie.
Walkie-Talkie app stuck on Inviting?
- After opening the Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch, you will see Available Turn Off/On Available and do it on both Apple Watches.
- Close Walkie-Talkie and Reboot both Apple Watches.
- Remove all the contacts from the Apple Watch and resend the invitation.
- Try to make FaceTime audio call with the same person to whom you are connecting Walkie-Talkie.
- Use Siri to FaceTime, your friend.
Cancel the invitation, and Re-invite after enabling it.
Walkie-Talkie Trying to Connect on Apple Watch? Or Showing could not connect?
Usually, when Walkie-Talkie shows could not connect error, that means your Wi-Fi or Cellular network is not strong enough to connect Walkie-Talkie.
So you must change the Wi-Fi or if you are using Cellular network then move yourself to another area where you could reach good signal strength. Ask the other person to do the same.
Walkie-Talkie App not showing any contact to invite
After updating Apple Watch or Walkie-Talkie app you might face such issues, but there is only a simple solution to this problem, that is Reset Network Settings on iPhone (Settings app on iPhone > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.).
Even some users have reported that their Contacts on Walkie-Talkie app are grayed out if this is the issue then follow the below steps.
- Step #1: On your iPhone, go to the “Watch” app.
- Step #2: Then, tap “General.”
- Step #3: Select “Reset.”
- Step #4: Lastly, tap “Reset Sync Data.”
Or if it doesn’t work then Reset Network Settings on your iPhone,
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Step #2: Tap “General.”
- Step #3: Scroll down and hit “Reset.”
- Step #4: Select “Reset Network Settings.”
- Step #5: Enter the iPhone passcode to confirm.
The device will get restarted, wait for a while.
Hard Reboot Apple Watch,
Step #1: Press and hold the Digital Crown and Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
What is the Range of Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch?
Keep note that the range is only 35 feet if you are using Bluetooth then only that means without Wi-Fi or Cellular.
Otherwise, there is no range limit when you have Cellular Watch.
Sound issues on Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie app?
It is advisable to check whether the problem is with the sound while using the Walkie-Talkie app or not.
- Step #1: Go to the “Watch” app on your iPhone.
- Step #2: Tap “General.”
- Step #3: Go for “Accessibility.”
- Step #4: Find and toggle on the “Tap to Talk.”
After enabling Tap to Talk, if you want to talk, then another person will have to stop talking and vice versa.
Why is Walkie-Talkie icon flashing on my Watch Face? and Failed Invitation
Continuously if you are seeing Walkie-Talkie icon flashing on Apple Watch, there is nothing to worry about it. In watchOS 5, the active apps like Walkie-Talkie, or Workout keeps flashing on the watch face. To stop this follow the below steps,
Premium Support is Free NowWe are happy to help you! Follow the next Step if Your Solution is not in this article, Submit this form without Sign Up, We will revert back to you via Personal Mail. In Form, Please Use the Description field to Mention our reference Webpage URL which you visited and Describe your problem in detail if possible. We covered your iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 8(Plus), iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 6S(Plus), iPhone 6(Plus), iPhone SE, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPad All Generation, iPad Pro All Models, MacOS Catalina or Earlier MacOS for iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, WatchOS 6 & Earlier on Apple Watch 5/4/3/2/1, Apple TV. You can also mention iOS/iPadOS/MacOS.
- Step #1: Launch the “Walkie-Talkie” app on your Apple Watch.
- Step #2: Toggle off the “Available” option.
Other Quick Suggestions to fix Walkie-Talkie not working on Apple Watch,
- Sign Out and Sign back into the FaceTime. (Settings app on iPhone > Tap on Apple ID > Sign Out)
- Deleting and Re-installing FaceTime.
Write to us for more tips and Troubleshooting tips for Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie Not Working and Failed to Send an invitation, or Receive Call. Sometime Walkie Talkie not available or Not Showing on Apple Watch Home apps screen.