Last Updated on Sep 29, 2021new watchOS Arrived but not without Error: The brand new Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch was introduced with the watchOS 5. But people are now taking an interest and using Walkie-Talkie. What if you are the new user on Walkie-Talkie and stuck with multiple issues? There is nothing to worry about; we will guide you to fix Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie not working. Apple Structured Walkie Talkie App Just like Free Voice Messaging Service that’s connected with FaceTime. But it’s secure and Not Cross-Platform. Only Apple Watch Users Can Send Voice or Audio Message from One Apple Watch To Another.
- First of all, you need to make sure that FaceTime is enabled on your iPhone, which is paired with your Apple Watch. Besides, sign in with your Apple ID on FaceTime to use Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch.
- FaceTime also needs your Apple ID and Phone Number as with the help of this, one can reach your FaceTime.
- Try to make FaceTime Audio Call from Apple Watch, if it works then FaceTime is Working Correctly. (FaceTime Waiting For Activation)
- The Walkie-Talkie feature will not work on Shared Apple ID.
- If you are unable to find Contacts to Invite, then Reset Network Settings on your iPhone along with Force Reboot the Apple Watch.
- Disable/Enable Walkie-Talkie, Be Available on your Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie app.
- For once delete all the contacts from the Walkie-Talkie and after restarting the Apple Watch invite them from Apple Watch.
- Get the help of Siri and FaceTime Audio Call, like Hey Siri and then FaceTime [name of the contact].
- Walkie Talkie App Missing or Not Showing in Apple Watch, Reason is FaceTime App Deleted From iPhone.
- Contacts not showing on Apple Watch for Walkie Talkie. Do Reset Sync Data from iPhone Watch App.
Most Common Mistakes and Solutions for Walkie-Talkie Not Working on Apple Watch
Common Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie issues
- Apple watch walkie talkie not connecting
- Apple watch walkie talkie could not connect
- Apple watch walkie talkie not inviting
- Apple watch walkie talkie invites not working
- Apple Watch Walkie talkie invitation not working
- Apple watch walkie talkie invitation not working
Is my Apple Watch compatible with Walkie-Talkie?Primarily you have to check if your Apple Watch is compatible with Walkie-Talkie? The Walkie-Talkie feature was introduced 3 years ago with watchOS 5 or later (Update Apple Watch), and unfortunately, the Apple Watch Series 0 doesn’t support watchOS 5. So don’t try to use Walkie-Talkie on the older Apple Watch. Walkie Talkie on Apple Watch connects with other Apple Watch using Apple ID only. So you can test with FaceTime. we can send Walkie Talkie invitations from apple watch only. Once request accept on another end, We can send or Receive Talk to each other without a Carrier plan using WiFi or Data Plan in Free.
- FaceTime Must Work Perfectly on your Apple Watch
- Walkie Talkie is Enabled, Showing in the above image or Enable from Walkie Talkie Watch App.
- Start Making Walkie-Talkie Call from Apple Watch Successfully.
watchOS 5 compatible Apple Watch?
- Apple Watch Series 1, Apple Watch 2, Apple Watch 3, Apple Watch 4 – Cellular, GPS, WiFi
- Wi-Fi and Cellular Model, both support Walkie-Talkie.
- Walkie-Talkie doesn’t work with Shared Apple ID.
- For now, the Walkie-Talkie app is unavailable in Pakistan, China, and UAE.
Not Finding a Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch? Try FaceTime/ Walkie-Talkie app is missing on Apple Watch?On my Apple Watch when I deleted the FaceTime app from my iPhone, the Walkie-Talkie app also disappeared. It looks like the Walkie-Talkie app is entirely dependant on FaceTime. So if you have removed the FaceTime, it is obvious the Walkie-Talkie app will automatically get removed. You can also find Walkie-Talkie App on the Apple Watch control center (Swipe Finger up on your Apple Watch Face), tap on it to Enable Walkie talkie for you. So Other Apple Watch users can invite you and Start a call.
Walkie Talkie Not Responding after WatchOS 8 updateForce Close Walkie Talkie app on your Apple Watch. Press the Side button to view all running apple watch apps. Find the Walkie-Talkie app and Slide left the App Preview on the App Switcher screen. Tap close to Force close app. Also, You can hard Reboot your Apple Watch, Press and the Hold Side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen. Now Press the Side button to Turn on Apple Watch again like normal.
Here’s how to download FaceTime on Apple Watch,FaceTime Deleted or Not Setup correctly on your Paired iPhone. Now Check it is installed or not. If Not then Download and install from the App Store.
- Step #1: Launch the “App Store” on your iPhone.
- Step #2: Do a search for FaceTime.
- Step #3: Download and install the FaceTime.
- Step #4: Now, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Step #5: Scroll down and tap “FaceTime.”
- Step #6: Sign-in with the Apple ID that you want to use for FaceTime and verify all the information entered in there.
- Step #7: Look for the Walkie-Talkie app(Yellow icon With Camera centered) on the Apple Watch.
- Still, Walkie-Talkie missing on Apple Watch, then you should unpair and repair the Apple Watch with iPhone.
Walkie-Talkie invitations not sending or receiving?
- Step #1: Open up the“Watch” app on the iPhone.
- Step #2: Scroll down and tap “Walkie-Talkie.”
- Step #3: Below, you will see multiple contacts.
- Step #4: Swipe left and tap “Remove” to delete the contacts.
- Step #1: Open the “Walkie-Talkie” on your Apple Watch.
- Step #2: Likewise, swipe left on the particular contact that you would like to remove.
How to invite on Walkie-Talkie? And New Contacts or Remove Waiting
- Step #1: Launch the “Walkie-Talkie” on Apple Watch.
- Step #2: Swipe down and tap + to resend the invitation on Walkie-Talkie.
- Step #3: Follow the same step 2 and invite multiple contacts on Walkie-Talkie.
Walkie-Talkie app stuck on Inviting?
- After opening the Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch, you will see Available Turn Off/On Available and do it on both Apple Watches.
- Close Walkie-Talkie and Reboot both Apple Watches.
- Remove all the contacts from the Apple Watch and resend the invitation.
- Try to make FaceTime audio call with the same person to whom you are connecting Walkie-Talkie.
- Use Siri to FaceTime, your friend.
Walkie-Talkie Trying to Connect on Apple Watch? Or Showing could not connect?Usually, when Walkie-Talkie shows could not connect error, which means your Wi-Fi or Cellular network is not strong enough to connect Walkie-Talkie. So you must change the Wi-Fi or if you are using a Cellular network then move yourself to another area where you could reach good signal strength. Ask the other person to do the same.
Walkie-Talkie app not showing any contact to inviteAfter updating Apple Watch or Walkie-Talkie app you might face such issues, but there is only a simple solution to this problem, which is Reset Network Settings on iPhone Steps to Reset All Settings in iOS 15 and later Version Steps to Reset All Settings in iOS 14 and earlier Version (Settings app on iPhone > Tap General > scroll phone screen and tap Reset > Hit on Reset All Settings.). Even some users have reported that their Contacts on the Walkie-Talkie app are grayed out if this is the issue then follow the below steps.
- Step #1: On your iPhone, go to the “Watch” app.
- Step #2: Then, tap “General.”
- Step #3: Select “Reset.”
- Step #4: Lastly, tap “Reset Sync Data.”
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Step #2: Tap “General.”
- Step #3: Scroll down and hit “Reset.”
- Step #4: Select “Reset Network Settings.”
- Step #5: Enter the iPhone passcode to confirm.
What is the Range of Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch?Keep note that the range is only 35 feet if you are using Bluetooth then only that means without Wi-Fi or Cellular. Otherwise, there is no range limit when you have Cellular Watch.
Sound issues on the Apple Watch Walkie-Talkie app?It is advisable to check whether the problem is with the sound while using the Walkie-Talkie app or not.
- Step #1: Go to the “Watch” app on your iPhone.
- Step #2: Tap “General.”
- Step #3: Go for “Accessibility.”
- Step #4: Find and toggle on the “Tap to Talk.”
Why is the Walkie-Talkie icon flashing on my Watch Face? and Failed Invitation
- Step #1: Launch the “Walkie-Talkie” app on your Apple Watch.
- Step #2: Toggle off the “Available” option.
- Sign Out and Sign back into the FaceTime. (Settings app on iPhone > Tap on Apple ID > Sign Out)
- Deleting and Re-installing FaceTime.