Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Screen Time lock is one type of restriction that will automatically remove after the desired time limit set by you or from another device if that device is a parent device. Unfortunately, you forgot Screen Time passcode, want to remove forcefully before screen Time. Just like Apple ID password we can forget or recover screen time passcode.
What are the prevention steps the fix your problem and help to remove Screen Time without a change in settings or Erase Data? You get up to 5 free Wrong passcode attempt; after that, you will see “Try Again in 1 Minutes”, “Try Again in 5 Minutes”.
Recover or Remove/ Bypass Screen Time on iPhone, iPad
Keep This in Mind!
On Parental Device, we can Remove screen time with the Restore iPhone option [This option will erase the Data from the iPhone completely and install the New iOS – Take Backup of your device before procceding]. But on Family Devices we can not bypass screen time with the restore option. For Family Devices, Screen will automatically apply from iCloud settings that doesn’t matter where is your device or in Either turned on or Turned off.
- The family device will not apply screen time Restriction from Parental device until Family device has no internet connectivity. So keep your Family device offline.
- Otherwise, there is no option to bypass screen time on Family Device. Change Date and Time of Device no longer worked now, because apple fixed the bug. And the official way to Bypass or turn off screen time restriction from Family device is to turn off Screen time from Parental device under the Settings > Screen Time > Find your Family device name > Scroll down and turn off Screen Time [Enter the Passcode of Parental device, if asked].
Restore to Clean iOS that Erase All the Settings: No Data loss
First, take a Full Backup of iPhone on iTunes (Mac or PC)
Prerequisites and Must do:
- Turn Off Find My iPhone from Settings
- iTunes installed on Mac with the latest version
- Download ipsw file for iPhone or iPad.
1: “Connect your iPhone to iTunes” on Mac or PC using a Lightning cable.
– Unlock your iPhone with Passcode or FaceID/Touch ID. Also Permission for using your iPhone on Mac or Windows.
2: See your IOS device icon will “appear on iTunes” near to the top.
3: Click on “iPhone icon” > Get the Full page “summary” of your Device.
Use This Restore button with Alt/Option Key on Mac
For Windows, Shift key + Restore Button.
Note: Backup the device, if you don’t take and restoring the first time.
Select a Downloaded .ipsw file from your Computer and Open it.
Now, the Restore Process will take time depends on the Size of the Data.
Method 2. Turn off Screen Time from Parental iPhone’s settings
On your Parent’s iPhone or iPad that running iOS 12 or Later iOS 12.X.
Go to the Settings > Screen Time > Tap on Your Device Name > Turn off Screen Time.
Share your ideas that work for you to remove screen time or Disable/Bypass Screen Time on iPad, iPhone.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.