Last Updated on Nov 4, 2019
Dark mode or Night mode has a charming appearance that saves the Energy, Gives more stamina to your eyes for work in the late night. Sometimes Dark way not showing effect, on your Screen or some apps. Let ’s make clear about which apps are supporting Dark mode on Mac.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Officially apple Gives Pure Dark mode on Mac running Mac OS Mojave or Later. macOS Catalina or Latest MacOS automatically Switch between light and Dark theme according to the time of the day. Dark mode Supported apps are News App, Stocks app, Xcode, Notes app, Mail app, Safari, Mac App Store, Messages and All Other that you are using most of the time. This Feature will create unusual Combinations with other primary colors. Mac Dock is more clearly visible on big screen iMac and Small screen MacBook As well. In the Short time of period, Third-Party apps also ready with Dark mode.
I also discussed some interesting facts about Dark mode, Why you failed to use Dark mode on Mac.
Work through the guide for fix Dark Mode not working on Mac. Now auto dark mode available on macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Safari. But MacOS Catalina & later MacOS support System-Wide Auto-Dark mode on Mac.
Essential tips: Turn on Dynamic Desktop on Any Mac OS.
Steps for Dark Mode Not working on Mac running Mac, iMac, MacBook Pro/ Air
Activate or Turn on Dark mode on Mac in the Correct way
- Go to the Apple Logo on Mac from top right Mac Mene.
- Next, click on System Preferences.
- From System Preferences > General.
- Find, Next to Appearance select Dark mode or Auto Dark mode
- Light: Force Enable Light Theme on Mac for All Time.
- Dark: Force Enable Dark Theme on Mac for All Time.
- Auto: Switch Between Light Theme and Dark Theme According to the Time of the day.
Force Restart your Mac
- Check For Update: Or Enable Auto Software Update
- Internal Software glitch and Corrupted OS you can re-fix by yourself. Your Mac OS Was Damaged from any reason like You remove or Deleted root files or folder from the system drive. Sometimes Third-Party Software or Optimisations tools make your Mac system Error.
Go to the Apple Menu > Software Update > Check for Update and install a new macOS Version.
Hard Reboot OR Reinstall macOS
Mac users have been reported that some apps causing the issues on Dark mode system. Because this cleanup file system removes the Dark mode files. After removing that software from Mac, Dark mode is working aspected. Still not work and none of recovery or repair techniques work on Mac then I recommend reinstalling macOS. Follow the below steps to reinstall macOS.
- Restart your Mac. – From the top mac menu Apple logo > Restart.
- Next, Press and Hold Command + R key until you listen to Mac Startup sound.
- Hold those keys, After you see the macOS Utility window on the screen.
- Now, the Second option is Reinstall macOS. Follow the on-screen instruction to install the latest version of macOS on Mac.
- This Re-installation process installs a new copy of macOS without Erase the drive.
This solution fixes other software issues and repair buggy macOS.
Restart also works! OR Force Restart!
- Most of the Case Reboot the Apple device works. That fixes the problem between your Hardware and macOS Software.
- Go to the Apple Menu > Restart or Shut Down.
- Use the Power key to Force restarts Mac. Press and hold the Power button until you see the black screen and Apple logo on the screen.
What is Dark Mode? It’s Dark. Alternate Ways to Turn On.
- Yes, it works for All Mac. The dark mode is not turn on automatically like Low Blue light or Night Shift mode. In My Case, I am using Dark mode in a night or low sunlight. So the process for turn on the Dark mode in really long and hard for me. So I created Dark Mode Keyboard Shortcuts [With Video] that can turn on enable from Keyboard Shortcuts.
We can turn on Dark mode with Night Shift mode.
Yes, We can Use Dark mode with night Shift mode or Low Blue light. Also, we can change the Menu accent color from the same settings windows next to the Appearances.
Some people are also asking me for, Can we change the opacity and turn the darkness on Mac? No, it’s not possible for this time. But you can change it by your Display Brightness automatically.
Premium Support is Free Now
Like us and Share this guide with your friends or anyone who’s looking for the solutions on fixing Dark mode not working problems on macOS.