Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
An iPhone App Widgets are one of the attractive features that shows instant valuable information via swiping right on the iOS device lock screen and home screen. For instance, some precious Apps like Weather, battery, news widget, and Music App. In iOS 14 and later, all available Apps Widgets can be accessed on the lock screen with Passcode and Touch ID, too. But ever your mind thinking about privacy, safety, and if you don’t want to use today View widgets on being on the lockscreen. Don’t worry. You people, just follow my straightforward guide and Disable Lock Screen Widgets.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
I have applied this setting on our gadgets running the latest iOS including iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone 5S/SE, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 7/ 7 plus, iPhone x, iPhone 8/8 Plus. Therefore, you can go with this guide on anyone Apple phone supported iOS.
Guide to Remove/ Disable Lock Screen Widgets on iPhone
Steps to Disable Lock Screen Widgets for iPhone X and later smartphone which has no physical home button.
Face ID enabled Apple mobile users will have to follow the bottom steps to turn off the lock screen widget.
- Step #1. launch the Settings App on your Phone, you can find settings app using spotlight search.
- Step #2. Next scroll the screen and tap Face ID & Passcode
(Note: your phone will ask you enter a passcode or use face Id to go to the next screen)
- Step #3. Now scroll the screen up to the bottom till Under the Allow Access when locked section appears, and then turn Today View toggle Off/White.
Your Worke is Done!
Steps Disable Lock Screen Widgets for iPhone 8 Plus and Earlier iPhones with Home button iPhone
By the way, to do this, a passcode is required to do this.
- Step #1. Open the Settings App looks like a gear icon on an iDevice Home screen.
- Step #2. Now, Scroll down and tap on Touch ID & Passcode.
- Step #3. You’ll be asked to enter digits passcode.
- (If your passcode disabled, the option to turn off lock screen Widgets will be grayed out.)
- Step #4. You need to trigger off the switch next to Today View.
In more, At the same moment, you can also turn off the access to Siri on the lock screen, Reply with Message, and Wallet.
If ever accidentally or inadvertently Widgets toggle off at that time you feeling Widgets screen missing. Second thing, ever you want to turn on Today Widget on iPhone/ iPad running iOS 12 or later.
Following decent steps will let you add App Widget on your iDevice lock screen. Let’s go ahead and enjoy App associated feature on the lock screen as Music Widget shows Recently Played Music, News Widget offers Trending Stories and Must-Watch Videos, and Batteries widget give you All Bluetooth connected device’s name and battery percentage.
Also, Whatsapp Widget makes it easy to access most Recent Chats within a tap, and so Today Widgets useful to put Apple and Third-Party Apps widget.
Enable Widgets in iOS 12 on iPhone Lock Screen
- Step #1. Go to the Settings App.
- Step #2. Find Touch ID & Passcode.
- Step #3. Enter Passcode to make a change in the old Settings.
- Step #4. Hit the switch next to the Today View and Notification Centre.
To improve iOS 14 battery life, you should remove unnecessary Widget from the Today View screen, and this tidbit will indeed help you to extend your phone battery life.
Remove widgets screen without a passcode is not possible right now, but you can remove all the widgets from the widget display.
To Remove an individual widget from the Today view screen
- You need to swipe right to the left to get the Widgets screen. (No matter you’re on locked screen or home screen)
- Next up, scrolls the screen and tap Edit, you’ll be asked to enter a passcode or put your finger on the home button to unlock and make the change in widget screen.
- Now tap the red button next to the widget that you want to remove.
- Tap on Remove and to save new widget screen tap on Done upper-right corner.
Through the mentioned above guide, you can add and remove the numbers of available widgets. Use this tip and share it with other iOS users.
- Disable Camera access on lock screen iPhone
- Disable Wallet access on Lock screen iPhone
- Disable Control Center Access on iPhone lock screen
You people share your feedback in the comments. Do you have the post (Disable Lock Screen Widgets) related cross-question? Don’t hesitate to ask us.