Last Updated on Jun 26, 2021
Have you ever use Dictation Preferences after upgrade your Mac OS? Get an overview of the enabling and use of Enhanced Dictation in MacOS X and later. In New, macOS Catalina introduced Voiceover to precisely interact with your Mac. In the new macOS, there are massively changed in almost System preferences maybe you don’t know that. Like, Display, Sharing, Spotlight as well as user & group too. These all preferences settings are you’ll get inside in the System Preferences.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Here I describe how to enable Dictation and after doing it how to use Enhanced Dictation On Mac or Voiceover Catalina. At least you know that using Dictation you can text by voice instead of typing right. In Mac this function called Dictation while in iOS it is known as Siri as well as Dictation. I hope almost all Mac users are well known for dictation command. Even if you’re new then learn about Enhanced Dictation [Voiceover] on Mac at beneath.
Apple’s New macOS 12 Monterey brings Unlimited keyboard dictation (previously limited to 60 seconds per instance) for M1 Chip Mac users. intel-based Mac users drop out with this speech-to-text feature.
Also Read: How to use Screen Recorder on iPhone
Turn-ON/ Enable Dictation Command and use of Enhanced Dictation on Mac
macOS Catalina: Introduced Voice Control [Dictation]
- Go to the Apple Logo from Top Mac Menu.
- Next, click on the System Preferences option.
- Now, Find and click on the Accessibility Option.
First Select the Language that you want to prefer. After then Select the microphone device. Wait until the Download completed. Now Select the Input device [Microphone], Name of Device, here’s I am using AirPods Pro.
macOS High Sierra: Use Dictation
Step1. Click on ‘’Apple Menu’’, top side menu of your Mac and select System Preferences…
Step2. Click on the Dictation & Speech Preference.
Step3. Click, ON radio button to enable Dictation.
That’s it. Here your first task is complete regarding how to enable dictation and now are you keen to know how to work/ Use Enhanced Dictation in OS X Yosemite.
- Now select the checkbox of Use Enhanced Dictation in OS X Yosemite.
- Wait a few minutes before requiring a software download to enable Enhanced Dictation for your Mac
- Now Choose Accessibility from View Menu top side of the screen
- Select Dictation from the list at left side Accessibility pane.
- Select the Dictation Command button, so that you can see a list of available Command on the sheet.
- Select Box of Enable Advance command and click on Done.
Necessary commands are default enabled which you can see in the list, while if you want extra command then you can add by yourself, from the left side portion of the screen.
- For, that Click on ‘’+’’ sign and add your desired command.
Now your turn, leave your reply in the comment box at given below and tell how to seem these tips on turn on/ enable Dictation and use of Enhanced Dictation on macOS. As well text us if you’ve good suggestions regarding this tutorial.