The Apple introduced last year Face ID technology with the iPhone X. And now it is available in iPhone Xs Max too. This was the massive evolution in mobile technology. It helps to unlock our device quickly and also it provides high security for our iPhone. But like we have found that people are complaining, Face ID is not working, Face ID is not available in iPhone X, it is also a common issue that is inherited in iPhone Xs Max too.
Now those who have iPhone Xs Max are posting their problems related to Face ID. But from now you don’t have to worry about Face ID not working in iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xs or iPhone XR. Just look out our possible tricks that will help you out to fix Face ID not working in iPhone Xs Max.
Keep enabled and Setup an Alternate Appearance to quickly unlock your iPhone using Multiple Face ID. Also read possible Solutions to quick fix all the Face ID issues on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max & iPhone XR.
Users Query on Face ID issues
- Face ID won’t Detect Face to Verify Face.
- Why does Reset Face ID and Setup New Face ID?
- Face ID Stuck and Showing Enter Passcode
- Face ID cannot unlock notes or Third-Party App Support
Walkthrough Solutions for Big Face ID problems on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR
Solution 1: Update your iPhone
It is necessary to update your iPhone whenever any new update is released. Those updates are made to improve the performance of the iPhone and to fix minor glitches.
Step #1: Launch “Settings” and open “General.”
Step #2: Tap “Software Update.”
Solution 2: Check the Settings of Face ID
Face ID can be used to unlock iPhone Xs Max, with iTunes and App Store, Apple Pay and Password AutoFill. So if you are trying to use your Face ID with any of these mentioned functions then Face ID for them should be enabled.
Step #1: From the “Settings,” open “Face ID & Passcode.”
Step #2: In the list, you can find various features, toggle on for which you want to use Face ID.
Also, make sure that you have set up the Face ID successfully.
Solution 3: Clean the TrueDepth Camera from above
If any obstacle or dirt is covering the TrueDepth Camera of iPhone Xs Max, then iPhone will face difficulty in identifying your Face and so Face ID not work in iPhone Xs Max. Besides, also check screen protector or a case of your device is not covering TrueDepth Camera.
Solution 4: Make sure that your Face is not covered
Obviously, Face ID works with different sunglasses, but if you are using sunglasses that are blocking lights and so infrared light is unable to reach to your face. In such a situation, Face ID will not respond or show error. Remove sunglasses while using Face ID.
Solution 5: Face the TrueDepth Camera perfectly
To unlock iPhone Xs Max via Face ID, you need to face the camera properly. The distance should be between 10 to 20 inches from your face to use Face ID. Besides, it will only unlock your device when the iPhone is in Portrait mode.
Solution 6: Add an Alternate Appearance
If you are kind of person that changes appearances vastly different, then you must add that appearance in the Face ID. By this, you will be able to use Face ID in that look too, and you don’t need to find solutions of Face ID not working in iPhone Xs Max. Here’s how to add alternate appearance.
- Open “Settings” and tap “Face ID & Passcode”.
- Tap “Set up an Alternate Appearance”.
- Place your face correctly in the frame and look straight in TrueDepth Camera of iPhone.
- Move your head and complete the circle. In case you aren’t able to move head then tap “Accessibility Options”.
- Tap “Continue” when you are done.
- Now again move your head and complete the process the second time.
- Lastly, tap “Done”.
Solution 7: Reset Face ID
If none of the above solutions helps you to fix Face ID not working in iPhone Xs Max, then reset the Face ID and add your Face ID again. The steps to add Face ID is shown in Tip 6. Moreover, if iPhone is not allowing you to add Face ID then contact Apple Support.
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone.
- Next, Scroll to Face ID & Passcode.
- Now, Find “Reset Face ID” option and Tap on it to reset or Erase saved Face in Face ID.
There are some situations where you need to enter the password or Apple ID to unlock the device,
- Enable Required Attention for Face ID
- Attention Aware Features
- If you haven’t unlocked the iPhone for 48 Hours.
- After receiving remote lock command.
- After five unsuccessful efforts to unlock iPhone using Face ID.
- When you restart the iPhone or turn it on.
- After using Emergency SOS/power off, which is by pressing volume key and power key for 2 Seconds.
- When you haven’t use a password to unlock the device for six and half days and even when you don’t use Face ID in previous 4 hours.