Last Updated on Aug 18, 2021
Allow Calls on Other Devices is one of the best continuity features by Apple, which lets us make and receive calls from other Apple Devices which is using the same Apple ID. It works on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Whenever your iPhone gets a call, while Allow Calls on Other Devices settings are turned on, then all the iPhone, iPad, and Mac for which you’ve turned on Calls on Other Devices will start ringing. Everything works perfectly, with only one condition, that the Apple ID for FaceTime and iCloud must same.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
You can control which devices you want to use the turn-on calls on other devices anytime by following the steps mentioned below. However, some users have reported that they cannot turn on calls on other devices after an update in iPhone; we’ll be showing you several ways to fix the issue and resume calls on different devices.
How to Turn On Calls on Other Devices in iPhone?
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Swipe down and tap on the Phone App.
- Select Calls on Other Devices.
- Toggle ON Allow Calls on Other Devices.
- If you’re doing this for the first time, then complete the setup, tap on Add Wi-Fi Calling for Other Devices; this will enable iCloud devices to receive and make calls.
- Now, under Allow Calls On section, turn on or off the device you wish to receive or not receive the calls.
Fix Cannot Turn On Calls on Other Devices
After trying the above steps, if you cannot turn on calls on other devices in iPhone, then there must be something wrong you’ve done on iPhone. Apple has already described the terms to use the turn-on calls on other devices.
- All the devices must be signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- All the devices must be signed in to FaceTime with the same Apple ID. Follow the Below steps to verify and Setup correctly.
- Wi-Fi should be enabled on all devices and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Here’s how to change Apple ID for FaceTime
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone. Swipe down to FaceTime.
- Tap on Use your Apple ID for FaceTime.
- Tap Use Other Apple ID.
- Hit the Sign In button on the top-right screen.
- And enter the same Apple ID.
Now, Go back to the settings app > Phone > Calls on Other Devices > Enable toggle “Allow Calls on Other Devices” and Enable Your Other apple device As I did for My Mac Mini if you have MacBook, iMac, Mac Mini then the device will be listed here.