Unfortunately, large crowd affected with this issues and solving using the below tips, if you are the one who belongs to the list of people who are getting an error like could not activate iPhone then follow this helpful guide to resolve it. There are so many reasons affecting and prevents your iPhone from activating which we have mentioned below. No matter what are the causes? We will move forward and fix could not activate iPhone after iOS 12 update.
Activation is required to use your all apple Device securely and manage all the settings remotely and some functions like Clipboard, Sync Photos, Messages, Contacts, continuity Camera and document, Handoff and many others.
Must Read till Solution 6, We have Solution for you!
Common causes behind iPhone cannot activate on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR: iOS update
- Your iOS device is showing activation error because it might be possible that activation server is down.
- The error “Your request couldn’t be processed error” is displayed on your iPhone.
- It might be one reason that the activation server can’t be reached by the iPhone.
- Another error is like “We’re sorry, we are unable to continue activation at this time”.
- SIM card isn’t compatible with the iPhone and so activation error is generated. (Hint: Fix No Sim Card installed Error on iPhone)
- If you receive error message showing you to contact customer care, then don’t worry it can be fixed in this tutorial of could not activate iPhone after iOS 12 update.
What are the reasons why your iPhone is failing the Activation after iOS 12 update?
- Connectivity issues like Wi-Fi or cellular internet aren’t working.
- iTunes was facing complications while verifying your iPhone.
- Apple’s server is down for some reason. Check Now Service: iCloud Account & Sign in Should be green to be Okay on Server
- The carrier which you are using is preventing your iPhone from being unlocked.
- iPhone isn’t recognizing by the server.
The important fix cannot activate iPhone after iOS Update
Fix 1: Wait and Retry
If your iPhone could not be activated after iOS update then it is better to wait for a few minutes. It might be possible that Apple’s software team is working on the server. So just wait for some time and again try to activate the iPhone.
Fix 2: Hard Reboot iPhone
After waiting and retying still the issue persists then force restart the iPhone.
For iPhone XS, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X/8Plus/8/iPhone X Plus
- Step 1: Press and release Volume Up button.
- Step 2: Press and release Volume Down button.
- Step 3: Hold down the Side button only until you see Apple’s logo on the screen and Black screen. Use Side button to turn on.
Fix 3: Check Your Internet connectivity
It is obvious that any device requires a good network connection or else you will encounter one or another error. First off, check if your iPhone is connected with a good internet connection. Try connecting with different Wi-Fi if you are on Wi-Fi network or move in strong network area if you are using the cellular internet.
Fix 4: Check Unlock/lock SIM Status
If you have purchased the locked iPhone and trying to activate with a different carrier then your iPhone will not activate and it will show SIM card unsupported. So in this situation contact your carrier and get unlocked your iPhone so that you can use a different SIM card.
Fix 5: Reactivate your iPhone via iTunes
Still, if you are unable to activate the iPhone then try to activate using iTunes. These tricks bypass all the issues that related to WiFi or Internet connection error. I recommend that check you have working internet by search google.com in Mac or PC browser.
First of all, reboot your iPhone and then follow the steps,
- Step #1: Connect iPhone to the computer and launch “iTunes”.
- Step #2: Choose your iPhone.
- Step #3: Next, you can see the “Activate your iPhone” on the screen.
- Step #4: Enter Apple ID and Password.
- Step #5: And click on “Continue”.
Fix 6: Restore iPhone in DFU mode: See the Video
Sprint users are affected by the issues on iPhone XS [Max] Activation. But still, we have the solution. Read below,
Other Carrier company’s user [AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon] can follow the same steps to fix.
Put your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR in DFU mode, And Restore.