Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020Every new day you wake up and find that your iCloud is not taking backup of your iPhone X and it is a very confusing situation. Actually, we don’t know what to do and what not to. As usual, like every normal human, we’ll try to take a backup, and in the result, the iPhone shows iPhone X won’t backup to iCloud not enough space or iPhone X won’t backup to iCloud some files are unavailable, iPhone X Not Backed up message screen, etc.
However, it is not a big issue, and every 10th person is suffered from this annoying situation. Instead of being panic, try these few potential solutions that will solve your iPhone X won’t back up to iCloud before or after the update iOS.
There are many reasons behind iPhone X won’t backup to iCloud, but before starting I would ask you to check, that you have enough storage in your iCloud and must have a good Wi-Fi connection.
How to Fix iPhone X won’t backing Up: Get Free up Space
Solution 1: Check that your iPhone is connected with good Wi-Fi
If you prefer to take backup using iCloud, then you must have a good Wi-Fi connection. Because you are transporting a huge amount of data to iCloud.Alternatively, if you prefer to take backup over your cellular data, it will burn your complete data of whole month and still backup will remain incomplete. So check your Wi-Fi connection.
- Step 1: In the Settings, open Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Click on the network on which you want to connect. And if necessary then enter the password to join that network.
Now after connecting to Wi-Fi, try to back up this way:
- Step 1: Again in the “Settings”, tap on the banner of your name.
- Step 2: Click on “iCloud”.
- Step 3: Turn on the switch on iCloud if it is disabled.
- Step 4: Now tap on Back UP Now.
Solution 2: iPhone X Won’t backing up to iCloud then Check the iCloud Storage
If iPhone X showing error like iPhone won’t take backup to iCloud not enough space, then it might be possible that iCloud storage of your account is full.
- Step 1: Launch the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Click on your name.
- Step 3: Next, Tap on iCloud.
There you will see how much storage is left and how much you have used. To delete some data, click on Manage Storage. Moreover, if there is nothing to delete then upgrade your iCloud account and enjoy more storage. The option for upgrading is available in the same window.
Solution 3: Sign out and sign in to your iCloud account
If you’ve enough storage for backup and still it is showing error, then you should try this fix. This may fix any verification related issues on your iCloud.
- Step 1: Open the Settings App on your iPhone Home Screen.
- Step 2: Swipe down and click on “Accounts & Passwords”.
- Step 3: On the bottom of the screen tap on the sign-out.
- Step 4: Confirm by entering the iCloud ID and password. Once you sign out from the iCloud, force close the window and again sign in.
Solution 4: if iPhone X Won’t backing up then Reset All Settings
Resetting All Settings will not erase any of your data on iPhone X. Instead all the settings like Wi-Fi passwords, app permissions, accessibility settings, etc. will be removed. If any of the settings that you have made and it is acting as a roadblock for you while taking backup then it will get resolved.
- Step 1: Launch “Settings” and tap on “General”.
- Step 2: Now, click on “Reset”.
- Step 3: Tap on “Reset All Settings” and give confirmation.
As soon as the iPhone X restarts try to take backup over iCloud.
Solution 5: Take iPhone X Backup with iTunes and perform DFU restore
If none of the above solutions work for you, then this is the last option we have, and I bet this will remove all the glitches that are interfering in iCloud backup and showing unknown errors.
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone X with PC using lightning cable.
- Step 2: Now, launch iTunes in PC.
- Step 3: Select your iPhone from the window.
- Step 4: Next on the main screen click on the This Computer and tap on Backup Now.
Now we will see how can we DFU restore the iPhone X.
- Step 1: Press and release the volume up key. Then instantly Press and release the volume down key then in last press and hold side button until Apple logo comes on the screen.
- Step 4: Now when you see Apple logo then continue to hold both volume down and power button.
- Step 5: After 5 seconds release the power button and hold the volume down key until iPhone X shows on iTunes.
- Step 6: And when it appears on the iTunes release the volume down button.
Related More: Fix iPhone X Won’t detecting in iTunes
If in case Apple logo appears on the iPhone X, it is because you have held the volume down key for too long. So now, you have to perform this process from the beginning.