Personal hotspot widely uses to share the internet data on other devices that might be your own Apple or Your Friends and Family device. We can set a password for your personal hotspot to connect your Personal hotspot by the other request. here in this tutorial, I give the complete guide that helps you use Personal Hotspot on your iPhone running on the latest version of iOS. In the latest iOS update, some cosmetic changes and updates are available under the personal hotspot settings but the core process to share your data or Join Another device to your personal hotspot is the same for all the time.
iPhone’s Personal Hotspot is a tiny but useful tool for sharing the internet using maximum ways like over Wi-Fi, with USB or turning on Bluetooth. In addition, it’s not free of charge and also required the support of Cellular Plan cause of all of the carriers in the world not providing this service. To use a Personal hotspot company will extra charge to share the internet on other devices if your Carrier plan is supporting. So ever your Personal Hotspot Not Working on iPhone then try following solutions.
What are the Main Problems That Found when We Use Personal Hotspot?
- After Change Hotspot password on your iPhone, Another Device is trying to connect your Hotspot with the old saved password. The solution is: Forgot Your iPhone from WiFi or Forgot Saved password.
- Your Mobile is Stuck. The solution is: to hard reboot iPhone.
- Your Mobile Carrier Plan Doesn’t allow us to use Personal hotspot in Free. The Solution is: Contact Carrier.
- Not Enough Data and Slow internet speed is also an issue. The Solution: is check available Data
- Network Settings is not updated. The Solution is Reset Network Settings.
Fix Personal Hotspot Not Working on iPhone
Fix #1. Setup the Personal Hotspot from Beginning
Personal hotspot on iPhone, Generally we are not using continuously. We are using a personal hotspot from iPhone for temporary purposes just like no internet another mobile, Laptop or Mac. So, the wrong configuration on the iPhone and the secondary device creates a problem with personal hotspots. So, let’s follow me to join a personal hotspot just like a fresh connection.
Turn on Personal Hotspot on Primary Device – iPhone
- First is Turn off WiFi from iPhone settings. Go to the settings app > WiFi > Turn off WiFi.
- Now, Turn on Mobile Data and Personal hotspot also. Go to the Settings app > Mobile Data > Enable Mobile Data toggle and next to this toggle, Find and Tap on Personal Hotspot Option, Enable Personal hotspot, using the option for Allow Other to join toggle.
- At the same time, a popup will appear and ask to use a Personal hotspot with WiFi/ Bluetooth and USB Only option. I recommend using WiFi option.
- Next is the WiFi password, Tap on it and Select an easy password if possible. So we can verify easily on Another device when we pair the Wifi hotspot on that device.
- Stay on this screen [Personal Hotspot], Don’t move back or Close settings app until you get connected on another device.
Join WiFi Personal Hotspot on Secondary Device
On Secondary device, Turn on WiFi under settings,
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
- Join Personal hotspot on another iPhone: Settings app > General > WiFi > Enable WiFi toggle.
- Join Personal hotspot on Mac: Apple Logo on Mac menu > System Preferences > Network > WiFi > Turn on WiFi.
- Join Personal hotspot on Android or Windows: Turn on WiFi on Android mobile from settings and On Window turn on using the bottom right status bar menu icon.
Your secondary device will find the name of the Primary device’s personal hotspot name. Carefully find newly added device names under the nearby WiFi names list and click on it to pair.
Next, Your secondary device asks to enter a Personal hotspot password,
that you have a set in the primary device. Once you enter the password correctly, Your both the device is paired and starts using the internet on the second device.
Problem! of Blinking the Status bar with a blue stripe. That means Personal hotspot not connecting or failed.
- Forgot Your primary device from the secondary Device’s WiFi list. and Make a fresh connection again.
- That’s it.
Fix #2: Hard Reboot Your iPhone
Something is stuck on your iPhone so we are unable to connect personal hotspot on another device. To hard reboot your iPhone 8 and later follow the below steps,
- Quickly Press and Release Volume Up button.
- Now, Quickly Press and Release Volume Down button.
- Now, Only Press and Hold the Side/Power button of the iPhone until your iPhone see the apple logo on the screen. After a wait for 15 seconds, Turn on back using the Side/Power button. So, Press and Hold on it to turn on back.
Fix #3. Switch Internet Connection on Mac & Computer
Problem the related to WiFi on secondary device, so Personal hotspot is not connecting over the WiFi connection. In this case, I am recommending to use another connection type like Bluetooth and USB, Disable WiFi on First Device.
- Now, Connect your iPhone to another device as a Mac or PC via lightning cable.
- Turn Off wifi from your iPhone first, Settings > WiFi > Toggle off.
- Now, Turn on Personal hotspot from settings, Settings > Mobile/Cellular Data > Enable Mobile Date > Personal hotspot > Allow Others to Join toggle and Enable it. Select Bluetooth and USB only option from the popup.
Fix #4. Make Sure Your iPhone is Updated
Apple is releasing a monthly or Quarterly software update on each apple device with some important bug fix related to software settings and new features. Why you miss it, First check before you try to fix the solution, Hope it will help. To Check pending update on iPhone, Go to the Settings app > General > Software Update > Check, Download and install.
Fix #5. Reset Network Settings
Internal software glitch we can’t fix with the hard reboot and software update. one of the important settings given on iOS and iPadOS is to reset network settings. This option will not erase the data from the device but only repair the problems related to a network connection.
Go to the Settings – Tap General – Scroll down the screen to Reset – Tap Reset Network Settings and follow the on-screen instructions.
Fix #6: Update Carrier Settings
Most of the Time Carrier settings updated on time automatically, But sometimes your device can’t do and wait for your manual action. just do it and get an update on carrier settings.
Go to the Settings > General > About > Tap on Network field and Ger the popup on update Carrier settings on your iPhone.