Oh, Safari Running Slow or safari slow after Catalina update? Apple user has one of the finest web browsers that is Safari. Apparently, there are more users of Google Chrome are available in the market compared to Apple’s Safari. However, the reason behind this is, the person who has Mac or iPhone face any problem in Safari, they move to Google Chrome.
Instead, they should try to fix Safari complications like Safari running super slow on macOS Catalina or Mojave, Safari won’t open, Safari won’t load a page, browsers not working after Catalina update, safari not loading Catalina and more. There is a way through which you can get solutions to all these problems. So let’s get started with them to Speed up a slow internet connection on Mac.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Top 10 Tips to Fix Safari Running Slow on MacBook, MacBook Pro/ Air
Solution 1: Clear Cache, Extension, and History
problems with safari after an update? Let’s see a solution- If your day begins and ends with Mac and Safari, then you probably should clear cache, extensions, and history periodically. They simply eat your Mac’s storage and slow down the Safari. It is worth deleting all this and makes some space.
- Step #1: Open “Safari”.
- Step #2: Click “Preferences” and open “Advanced”.
- Step #3: At the bottom click to enable the “Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar” menu in the menu bar.
- Step #4: Head over and click on Develop > “Empty Caches”.
- Step #5: Now, again click on “Disable Extensions”.
- Step #6: Go back to the “Safari” menu and click on “Clear History” instead of Preferences.
Solution 2: Manually clear Cache.DB file
The above solution must work properly, but if in case anything goes wrong or cache isn’t deleted then try this one.
- Step #1: Open “Finder” widow on mac.
- Step #2: From top Menu Click “Go” and then click on “Go to Folder…”.
- Step #3: Enter the below command and click on Go button,
- Now as soon as the folder opens click on the .db file and move to trash.
- That’s it.
Note: Before performing this action close the Safari app.
Solution 3: Disable/Uninstall Safari Extension on Mac
An outdated or Unsupported safari extension installed on your Mac gives the slow browsing experience. So, I recommending disabling Safari Extension or Update Pending updated from Mac App Store. Based on past experience, Some Extension unable to load websites like youtube on a normal browser, but Private browsing allows to open website. Because installed Extension will not load on Private browsing. That’ proved you have a problem with Extensions.
- Open Safari on Macbook Mac computer.
- Now, From top menu Safari > Preference.
- Then, Go with the Extensions tab and Find all installed Extensions.
- Deselect the Extension in front of the name from the first left panel, So the Extension will be disabled. Next, we can uninstall from there as well.
- That’s it.
Solution 4: Update macOS to Speed up internet on Mac
If you haven’t updated macOS, then you might face several issues. The new update contains all the bug fixes probably it will also include Safari. So update macOS Mojave to the newest version, if available.
- Step #1: Open the “Mac App Store” and check for the updates.
Solution 5: Disable Dashboard Off
We can’t say it will be a proper solution for your Safari running slow on macOS Mojave. But I have seen some people Safari issue has been solved by disabling dashboard.
- Step #1: Open the “Apple” menu and click “System Preferences”.
- Step #2: Click on “Mission Control”.
- Step #3: Turn off “Dashboard”.
Solution 6: Change Search Settings in Safari on Mac
All the time we are accusing Safari of being slow, but every time it isn’t possible. There is a possibility that the search browser you are using is facing situations, and so Safari running slow on macOS Catalina, or Mojave. If this is the problem, then we can fix it by changing the search settings.
- Step #1: Go to the “Safari” app and open “Preferences”.
- Step #2: Click on the “Search” tab.
Try to change the search engine to Bing. After that restart the Safari and observe that the issue is fixed or not.
Solution 7: Change Network Service also works to Speed up internet on Mac Catalina or Mojave
If you have connected Mac to Wi-Fi as well as Ethernet, then it can be a reason behind Safari running slow on macOS Catalina. Remove on one network connection and observe if it has any effect on it.
By default, Mac will give priority to only one network. But if you want, then you can change the order of the priority and switch connections.
Here’s how you can change the priority of the network service
- Step 1: Open the “Apple” menu and click on “System Preferences”.
- Step 2: Next, click on “Network” and then open the “Action pop-up” menu.
- Step 3: Select “Set Service Order” and arrange the network service by dragging them.
- Step 4: Click “OK” and “Apply” changes by clicking on it too.
Solution 8: Remove Preferences File
We can take our chances to fix Safari running slow on macOS Mojave by this solution.
- Step 1: Click on “Finder” and tap on “Go”.
- Step 2: Next, click on “Go to Folder”.
- Step 3: Enter the path,
Now locate the com.apple.Safari.plist and Remove it. Then restart your Mac so after power on the file come back automatically and the browser will load fast.
Solution 9: Change DNS Settings
By default, our DNS settings are provided by ISP. Instead this time we will try to use public DNS which might boost up Safari. The best DNS server is Google DNS, probably everyone including me is using Google DNS.
- Step #1: Click to open the “Apple” menu and then open “System Preferences”.
- Step #2: Open “Network”.
- Step #3: Select the network on which your MacBook is connected.
- Step #4: Click on “Advanced”.
- Step #5: Now tap (+) and add a DNS server.
- Step #6: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 are the Google DNS servers for you.
Solution 10: Change login account on Mac running Mojave
Another weird solution for Safari running slow on macOS Mojave change the user account. Create a new account and try to use Safari, see if anything changes.
Besides we will use Disk Utility to fix this issue. Search Disk Utility from the Spotlight.
Premium Support is Free Now
- Step #1: Once “Disk Utility” is an on-screen tap on Hard Drive of Mac.
- Step #2: Now, click on the “First Aid” tab and click “Run”.
Solution 11: Reinstall macOS Catalina
Unfortunately, if none of the above work for you then you have to follow this the extreme path. Other than Safari if you are facing any problems in Mac or MacBook, then it will be fixed with this troubleshooting. Get here how to Reinstall macOS Catalina.
Do you find any other trick to fix Safari running very slow on Mac after an update? Let me know in the comments!