here in this tutorial, we defined different ways to take a screenshot on your iPhone models then running on different iOS Version. Read carefully and find the silly mistakes that iPhone users are doing and forget about some times. Also, Find the alternate techniques if you don’t like the Take a Screenshot using the side buttons or Take a Screenshot without side buttons. Screenshot not saving on iPhone photos app, Crashing Phone while taking a screenshot.
On my brand new iPhone Screenshot not working properly but on the iPhone, it does work as usual. and hmm, I’m not alone but there are many users who noticed screenshot thumbnail won’t work after iOS update. To Fix this such issue, I’m going to be shared with you how quickly fix Screenshot not working on the iPhone problem.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Top Guide to Use and Fix Screenshot Not Working on iPhone
Correctly Use Side Buttons For Screenshot: Take a Batter Grip your iPhone in your Hand
People having an issue when try trying to take a screenshot If your Phone screen getting a lock or Power off animation on the screen. So Try the Below way exactly.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X/ iPhone XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max: Quickly Press and Release Side Volume up button and Side Power button at once.
- iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 6S/6S Plus: Quicky Press and Release Side Power button and Home button at once. Repeat the same process to capture another screenshot.
Problem: Sometimes hard case, Loose Back iPhone Case changing the press level on Side keys. So people getting another screen like Activate Siri, Screen lock or Turn off animation while pressing both keys for a long time.
Something stuck and Screenshot can’t Save on iPhone then Hard Reboot your iPhone once [Explained in last of this srticle] and Find-in Photos app on iPhone. We can Find All the Screenshots in the Separate folder automatically under the Album. Open Photos app > Albums Tab > Scroll to down and Tap on Screenshots folder.
- Also, Make sure, Your iPhone is updated with the latest version of iOS [Settings > General > Software Update].
Take a Screenshot on iPhone without Side Button
An alternate method to Capture screenshot using Assistive touch Button, Enable Assistive touch and set Double-Tap or Long Press action on Assistive touch button as a Screenshot. Use AssistiveTouch to Take Screenshot.
AssistiveTouch in other words users also says Virtual Home button or Touch Screen Home button of iPhone, iPad. it does work as an alternative to iPhone’s physical home button. Therefore, to get a Touch Screen home button (AssistiveTouch) on your iPhone screen, first, you will have to enable it. Then you can take a Screenshot; lock the iPhone screen, access a multitasking screen and much more. Let’s see how you can enable Assistive Touch on your phone stepwise guide.
- Enable Assistive touch button on-screen:
- Open Settings App on the iPhone.
- Scroll and Tap on Accessibility.
- Scroll down on screen and Tap on Touch.
- The first option is the Assistive Touch.
- Enable the Toggle to green.
- Now Scroll to Down and Find the Custom Actions section, Go with Double-Tap or Long Press Option, Select Screenshot And Go back.
- That’s it. Test by Double Tap on the Assistive touch button. You will listen to the instant sound with a Small Screenshot preview on your iPhone screen.
For iPhone 6/6 Plus/5S Running iOS 12 and Earlier iOS Version
- Step #1. Launch Settings App on your iPhone Screen.
- Step #2. Navigate General – Tap on Accessibility
- Step #3. Tap on AssistiveTouch then turn toggle AssistiveTouch ON/Green.
- Step #4. Now, you can see a dark Spot (Touch Screen) button on your iPhone Screen.
Here’s the technique to Customize AssistiveTouch on iPhone.
In a second way, you can also take a screenshot of your iPhone using 3D touch AssistiveTouch. Even though for it, you will have to tick mark next to the Screenshot option under the Custom Action for AssistiveTouch.
Use 3D touch Assistive Touch on iPhone
Get here how to use 3D touch Assistive Touch on iPhone.
Go to Settings – General – Accessibility – Assistive touch – Tap on Customize Top Level Menu.
Force Restart iPhone On Screenshot Not Saving or Crashing
The Screenshot thumbnail not working then please force restart your Apple iPhone. Different iPhone model wise force restart method is differing that given below.
To force iPhone 8/8 Plus, X Series, XR Series, 11 Series or later New iPhone
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,
- Press and Hold Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
- To start the iPhone, again press the Side button until the startup apple logo on the screen.
For An iPhone 7/7 Plus user: Sleep/Wake + Volume Down button simultaneously
For An iPhone 6S and Earlier: Sleep/Wake + Home button simultaneously
Thanks! Share your Feedback and Valuable comment on the comment box.