Last Updated on Sep 27, 2021
Here in this tutorial, we defined different ways to take a screenshot on your iPhone models then running on different iOS Versions. Read carefully and find the silly mistakes that iPhone users are doing and forget about sometimes. Also, Find alternate techniques if you don’t like the Take a Screenshot using the side buttons or Take a Screenshot without side buttons. Screenshot not saving on iPhone photos app, Crashing Phone while taking a screenshot.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
On my brand new iPhone Screenshot not working properly but on the iPhone, it does work as usual. and hmm, I’m not alone but there are many users who noticed screenshot thumbnail won’t work after the iOS update. To fix this issue, I’m going to be shared with you how quickly to fix the Screenshot not working on the iPhone problem.
Top Guide to Use and Fix Screenshot Not Working on iPhone
Correctly Use Side Buttons For Screenshot: Take a Batter Grip your iPhone in your Hand
People having an issue when try trying to take a screenshot If your Phone screen getting a lock or Power off animation on the screen. So Try the Below way exactly.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X/ iPhone XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12/12Pro/12Pro Max/12mini/ 13 Pro Max (Mini): Quickly Press and Release Side Volume up button and Side Power button at once.
Problem: Sometimes hard case, Loose Back iPhone Case changing the press level on Side keys. So people getting another screen like Activate Siri, Screen lock, or Turn off animation while pressing both keys for a long time.
Something stuck and Screenshot can’t Save on iPhone then Hard Reboot your iPhone once [Explained in last of this srticle] and Find-in Photos app on iPhone. We can Find All the Screenshots in the Separate folder automatically under the Album. Open Photos app > Albums Tab > Scroll to down and Tap on the Screenshots folder.
- Also, Make sure, Your iPhone is updated with the latest version of iOS [Settings > General > Software Update].
Take a Screenshot on iPhone without Side Button
An alternate method to Capture screenshots using Assistive touch Button, Enable the Assistive touch and set Double-Tap or Long Press action on the Assistive touch button as a Screenshot. Use AssistiveTouch to Take Screenshot.
AssistiveTouch in other words users also say Virtual Home button or Touch Screen Home button of iPhone, iPad. it does work as an alternative to iPhone’s physical home button. Therefore, to get a Touch Screen home button (AssistiveTouch) on your iPhone screen, first, you will have to enable it. Then you can take a Screenshot; lock the iPhone screen, access a multitasking screen, and much more. Let’s see how you can enable Assistive Touch on your phone stepwise guide.
- Enable Assistive touch button on-screen:
- Open Settings App on the iPhone.
- Scroll and Tap on Accessibility.
- Now Scroll to Down and Find the Custom Actions section, Go with Double-Tap or Long Press Option, Select Screenshot And Go back.
For iPhone 6/6 Plus/5S Running iOS 12 and Earlier iOS Version
- Step #1. Launch Settings App on your iPhone Screen.
- Step #2. Navigate General – Tap on Accessibility
- Step #3. Tap on AssistiveTouch then turn toggle AssistiveTouch ON/Green.
- Step #4. Now, you can see a dark Spot (Touch Screen) button on your iPhone Screen.
Here’s the technique to Customize AssistiveTouch on iPhone.
In a second way, you can also take a screenshot of your iPhone using 3D touch AssistiveTouch. Even though for it, you will have to tick mark next to the Screenshot option under the Custom Action for AssistiveTouch.
Use 3D touch Assistive Touch on iPhone
Get here how to use 3D touch Assistive Touch on iPhone.
Go to Settings – General – Accessibility – Assistive touch – Tap on Customize Top Level Menu.
Now Choose 3D Touch Action = Screenshot. Now force touch on AssistiveTouch to take any screen as a Screenshot of your iPhone Camera Roll.
Force Restart iPhone On Screenshot Not Saving or Crashing
The Screenshot thumbnail not working then please force restart your Apple iPhone. Different iPhone model wise force restart method is differing that given below.
To force iPhone 8/8 Plus, X Series, XR Series, 11 Series or later New iPhone
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,
- Press and hold the Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
- To start the iPhone, again press the Side button until the startup apple logo on the screen.
For An iPhone 7/7 Plus user: Sleep/Wake + Volume Down button simultaneously
For An iPhone 6S and Earlier: Sleep/Wake + Home button simultaneously
iPhone Screenshot Markup Not Working
Many iPhone users have reported that Markup not working and markup changes to photos not saving on iPhone. You’re not the only one, there are plenty of iPhone users who have reported this issue, and get it fixed. Restoring iPhone to factory settings or resetting it won’t do any good, because it’s a developer’s error and they can only fix it.
The only solution for this type of issue is to report to Apple and wait for the next iOS update. Apple would surely take action if it is reported by many people. Meanwhile, you can wait for an upcoming update or contact Apple about the same.
iPhone Screenshot Markup Not Saving
iOS 15 running iPhones have this query, after taking a screenshot and using markup tools, the changes won’t reflect after saving in the photos app. Well, it’s just a software bug, as far as I know. Try these workaround suggested by a Redditor.
- Open the Screenshot.
- Tap Edit.
- Then Crop > Rotate to 90 degrees.
- Tap Done.
- Again open that screenshot.
- Tap Edit > Rotate back to its original position.
- Apply Markup and editing.
- Once you’re done, tap Done.
iPhone Screenshot Didn’t Save
Is your iPhone not saving screenshots? Or after using markup on the screenshot, the changes not appearing on saving it. Whatever, the problem, there’s nothing significant we can do, unless restarting and updating iPhone to the latest iOS.
In some cases, if your iPhone is low on storage, the screenshot won’t save on iPhone. Therefore, make sure you have enough storage on your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
Force Restart the iPhone,
For iPhone 8 or later,
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo shows up.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button until the Apple logo shows up.
For iPhone 6S, 6SPlus, or Earlier,
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo shows up.
- Connect the iPhone to the Wi-Fi and make sure it is charged at least 50% or connect the charger.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Go to Software Update.
- The prompt will appear if any software update is available, tap Download and Install.
iPhone Screenshots Not Appearing in Camera Roll
Well, as I said earlier there’s nothing we can do to fix this type of issue. So check out the above section and try updating iOS, force restarting the device, and most importantly verify the storage, this might resolve the iPhone screenshot not showing up issue.
Thanks! Share your Feedback and Valuable comment on the comment box.