Table of Contents Show
- Why my iPhone Touch ID Won’t Work? Here’s Troubleshooting
- 10 Fixes Unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone Error after iOS Update, after Screen replacement, battery and or home button replacement
- Get started Solution to Fix Touch ID not working on iPhone
- Fix #1- Due to the bug in current iOS
- Fix #2- keep your Phone Home button and your Fingers Clean + Dry
- Fix#3 – Put Complete Fingers on Home Button
- Fix #4- Don’t Cover your iPhone 8/ 8 Plus Home button with Case and Screen protectors
- Fix #5- Delete Finger Print
- Fix #6 – Mae sure iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on for Touch ID
Your Apple iPhone is allowing you to unlock your phone using a Passcode and Touch ID. From both these methods- the user most uses the faster way to unlock the phone screen instead of entering a passcode all time. Sometimes after enrolling Touch ID set up, however, Touch ID problems occur due to various reasons. Let’s See why your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus Touch ID not working as your previous iPhone or old iOS version.
Follow our bottom given steps and check out Touch ID after applied each step.
Why my iPhone Touch ID Won’t Work? Here’s Troubleshooting
10 Fixes Unable to activate Touch ID on this iPhone Error after iOS Update, after Screen replacement, battery and or home button replacement
Get started Solution to Fix Touch ID not working on iPhone
Fix #1- Due to the bug in current iOS
You should make sure that you have latest iOS version on your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. To check it out
- Go to Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Software Update
If update available- please update first via over-the-air (OTA) or via iTunes.
Fix #2- keep your Phone Home button and your Fingers Clean + Dry
Whenever you use FingerPrint to unlock Phone at times – You must use Touch ID with clean and dry Fingers for the speed up Touch ID experience. Same way, you also keep your iPhone Home button dirt free and spotless.
For instance – Solid-liquid particles (Sweat, lotions, dry skin, Moisture, oils, cuts) make your iPhone Home button Touch ID useless. So please I advise keeping your Phone buttons clean with a lint-free cloth to all parts clean as like as you care about your body’s health and fitness.
Fix#3 – Put Complete Fingers on Home Button
Don’t put little portion but put and hold your fingerprint till full cover Home button, Touching the surrounding metal ring. Don’t take finger too quickly or move your finger around.
Related More: how do fix iPhone Home button not working
Fix #4- Don’t Cover your iPhone 8/ 8 Plus Home button with Case and Screen protectors
Sometimes user unknowingly covers its Phone button with a Case or local screen protectors. If you are, then make sure it doesn’t cover virtual Home button and surrounding ring.
Fix #5- Delete Finger Print
- Go to Settings
- Tap Touch ID & Passcode
- delete Fingerprint and enroll back.
Fix #6 – Mae sure iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on for Touch ID
Open Settings App – Tap Touch ID & Passcode – Check iPhone Unlock toggle Is On/Green. If it off then make a turn on.
In many cases, you must have to enter Passcode or Apple ID, if you have already enrolled Touch ID. See below list when you enter Passcode.
- After Restarted your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus
- On your iPhone 8/ 8 Plus fingerprints won’t recognized five times in a row
- You just enrolled or deleted Thumb Prints
After followed given all solutions, however, your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus touch ID not working then take your device to Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service providers.