Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Finally, Apple has decided to move the Widgets from Today’s View to the Home Screen, if you’re running iOS 14 or later, I assume you’ve already tried so many Widgets on the home screen. Also, I would like to remind you, that Home Screen Widgets are also supported by third-party applications. From the past few years, iOS updates weren’t that intriguing, because there was no update for the home screen and most of us have to deal with the messy home screen. Thankfully, with iOS 14 we get to choose what apps we want to keep upfront and which to remove from the home screen to the App Library. At the same time, the home screen widget comes in handy to get the details that are important to us without opening the app. Though they’re limited and can’t be customized.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Apparently, the Widgetsmith App is one last stop to get the customized widgets in the way you want. Widgetsmith App has a massive collection of all the widgets that you would need in the daily routine, the best part of this app is it doesn’t force you to use the premade widgets, rather you can create and configure various widgets by changing the fonts, color and more. For some users Widgetsmith is not working on iOS 14, if you’re one of those, nothing to fear, this article will show you solutions to fix Widgetsmith Grey Screen, Black Screen, and No data error.
Widgetsmith Not Working on iOS 14 iPhone
Check iPhone iOS Compatibility
Before we start with aggressive troubleshooting tricks to fix the Widgetsmith App issue, make sure your iPhone is running stable iOS 14 or later. Widgetsmith App is particularly made for the iOS 14 and later devices, it won’t run on iOS 13 or any other version.
- Visit the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Select Software Update.
- If it shows an iOS 14 or later versions, then it might be a serious issue and you need to fix it as early as possible.
Widgetsmith Widget Not Showing on iPhone
Is Widgetsmith App downloaded on your iPhone? If yes, then did you add Widget on the iPhone home screen following the correct steps?
To add the Widget on the iOS 14 home screen,
- Touch and hold the app icon or empty space on the iPhone home screen.
- Tap on the Plus button on the top-left screen.
- Search the Widgetsmith.
- Tap Add Widget.
- Lastly, tap Done on the upper-right screen.
Still, if you can’t find the Widgetsmith App in the list of Widgets, then it might be due to the iOS 14 bug, that needs you to open the app first and then the iPhone will add it under the list of Widgets. So first, launch the Widgetsmith App, and close it. Again follow the above steps to add the Widgetsmith on the iPhone home screen.
Widgetsmith Grey Screen Widgets
Unlike Native Widgets added by Apple in iOS 14, Widgetsmith is not available as ‘ready to use’, for once it needs to be customized using the inbuilt elements of the app. If you haven’t configured the Widgetsmith Widget and directly added to the home screen, it surely will appear as grey and blank.
At first, remove the greyed Widgetsmith widget from the home screen, to do so, tap and hold the Widget and select Remove Widget.
- Launch the Widgetsmith app on iPhone.
- Choose the Widget size.
- Next, select the type of Widget do you want to add including Photos, Time, Date, Calendar, Reminders, or Custom.
- After customizing the Widget, rename it, tap on ‘Small #1’ or ’Medium #1’ or ’Large #1’.
- Lastly, Save the widget.
Manage Permissions for Widgetsmith
Apple’s Privacy policies can sometimes pain in the head, but I must say, because of those strict privacy policies, we’re able to add personal information without fear on iPhone. Just like any other app, Widgetsmith needs all the permissions to access and use the data and apps stored on iPhone, otherwise, you’re likely to face the Black or Grey colored widget on iPhone.
- Launch the Widgetsmith App.
- Tap on the Settings tab located at the lower part of the screen.
- Tap Manage Permissions.
- Give the permissions by selecting the Manage option under all the apps.
- It should appear as Status: Granted.
Widgetsmith Activity Widget Showing No Data
Activity Widget or say Health App requires special permit access from the Widgetsmith app, all you need to do is, access the Settings and grant permissions once and for all. If you’re seeing Status: Requested in the Health App, here’s how to overcome that issue.
- Go to the Widgetsmith App.
- Tap on the Settings tab.
- Under the Health app, hit Manage.
- In the line of Summary, tap on the mobile icon.
- Under Privacy, go to Apps.
- Tap Widgetsmith.
- Toggle On all the listed data including, Active Energy, Activity, Exercise Minutes, Steps, Stand Hours, and Walking + Running Distance.
After all, this troubleshooting if you still see the Status: Requested, go to the App Store, and try to update the Widgetsmith App. It seems like a problem from the developer side, which can’t be fixed by us.
Widgetsmith Showing Black Screen iOS 14
The Widgetsmith can show the black screen on the iPhone, if any block of the widget is empty, more like, you haven’t added the content you want to see on the Widget. For instance, if you’ve added the Photos Widget but forget to choose the Album that you wish to see on the home screen widgets, then Widgetsmith Black Screen error could occur.
Choose the Album for the Widgetsmith from the Widgetsmith App. Or else create a new album in the Photos app, and only add the photos that you wish to see in the Widgetsmith widget.
- Go to the Photos App on the iPhone.
- Tap on the Album
- Tap on Plus icon on the upper-left corner.
- Choose New Album.
- You can give any name to the album.
- Save the album.
Miscellaneous Tricks to Fix Widgetsmith App
Force Restart iPhone:
- For iPhone 8 or later, press and quickly release the Volume Up button and then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Next, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 7/7Plus, press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button until the Apple logo displays.
- For iPhone 6S or earlier, press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Delete and Install Widgetsmith
Touch and hold the Widgetsmith App icon until the app starts shaking, then tap on (x) to delete the Widgetsmith App. Later, download it from the App Store.
Configure Widgets of Different Sizes
If the Widgetsmith is unable to load any data on the Widget, then change the size of the widgets from the app.