Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Many users noticed about battery issue after iOS update on different iPhone models (iPhone XR, iPhone 11 Pro, Pro Max, iPhone X, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S, 6 Plus, and iPhone 8/ 8 Plus) and iPad models as well. Now, what is the real fix that came out iPhone won’t charge or unable to start Charing, Charging not start after plugged USB lightning cable? It’s not the hardware related issue but it’s a software issue that we can re-fix through some tricks on Software repair or Reset.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Keep this guide with you while you install iOS on iPhone and iPadOS on iPad, So don’t miss to share with your friends.
[Read This → My iPhone Won’t turn on After Charging for a long time.]
Steps for Fix iPhone won’t charge or Charging Slowly after iOS update & iPadOS Update
Fix 1: Use Apple’s Official Charger & Others
Don’t use third-party lightning charging cable or Adapter for charge your iPhone or iPad. Know the Really useful iOS 12 Battery Improvement tips.
- Hard Reboot the Device Once.
- Use Your Wall plug, Don’t Use Power Strip or USB port of your Mac or PC.
- Remove iPhone/iPad Cover, Keep it on Charge Overnight.
- Try With your Friend’s iPhone or iPad Charging Cable. iPhone X or later model supports Wireless Charging – Best Wireless Charging Pad. Try to Charge it with. Also Cleanup Charging port with Dry Wood Toothpicks, toothbrush.
- Still Not Fixed…Then continue to Other Solutions.
- Charge Your iPhone in a Right Way, After Completely off. You will see only Battery while in Charging mode.
Fix 2: A factory reset or Clean install/Downgrade
The unstable version of iOS beta release normally creating a problem like this, that we can solve by downgrade or remove the public or Developer iOS version.
- Clean Install: Tack Backup of Your iPhone On Mac or PC/ iCloud, Next to Remove all Data and Settings
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone/iPad > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- During the Erasing your device, your iPhone will reboot several times.
- Again Connect your iPhone/iPad to Mac/PC Computer where you take and save the latest backup. Use iTunes/Finder or Mac/PC to Restore Latest Backup on iPhone/iPad back.
- Once, you did. Check your iPhone/iPad filling battery fast and fixed your problem.
- Still not Help, Because of an internal Software bug in the latest iOS and iPadOS Version, I recommend to Downgrade for temporary and wait for the next Update. Also, you have to visit Apple support that is nearby your location.
- Remove Public Beta Profile: Remove the Beta profile and Wait for the next puck iOS update. Go
to the Settings > General > Profiles
Fix 3: Participate in Battery Replacement Programme
Normally, Apple announced the battery replacement for a specific device or model. According to the Hardware, issues arise after some period of time. So, keep your eye on Apple’s official announcement. In this case, you will find the information on google For Example “iPhone XR Battery Replacement Programme” or Apple Support online and Offline[near by apple store]. Follow the link here and select your Device and Problem related to it.
- Also, you need to enter the Serial number of your device that is available on Device Settings [Settings app > General > About > Serial Number], On-Device Body [Backside of the Device], Purchase Receipt [Available On the Box] or on your Purchase device account either Online Apple Store or Third-Party e-commerce website.
Fix 4: Check Warranty of Apple Device & Get Free Repair or Replacement
For Any Apple Device under Warranty, you can check warranty status online, If your Device is under Warranty you can get a free replacement or Repair from Apple Official. Out of the Apple Warranty period, you have to pay for the repair or Battery cost. Otherwise, you can reair at a third-party repair service nearby you. Some trusted repair store nearby you can help to fix at very low cost. here’s the Best Third-party Repair service.
Fix 5: Restart or Reboot Device
Charging is not showing near to battery on Status bar or unable to start charging. Simply Restart or Force Restart also helpful
- Press and hold the Sleep/ Wake button until you see the slide to power off slider on the screen.
- Force Restart:
- For iPhone 8/ 8 Plus & iPhone X or Later users: Quickly Press and Release Volume up and Volume Down button. After then only press and hold the side power button until you see the black screen iPhone. Now, After wait for 15 seconds, Press and Hold Sleep-Wake/Power Button until you see the Apple logo on the screen. More… About Force Restart iPhone X or Other No Home button iPhone or iPhone 8.
- Press and Hold Power button + Volume down button until you see the Apple logo on screen (For iPhone 7 and later model). And Power Button + Home Button for iPhone 6S & Earlier.
Helpful: Enable Battery Percentage – Show in Status Bar
Fix 6: Uninstall Battery Draining app
Find which app consumes more power comparatively other apps. See the Battery usage, The last 6 hours.
Go to the Settings > Battery > Battery Usage.
Get detailed information on hours and minutes-wise, Tap on the Clock icon.
Fix 7: Charge Battery Faster
Enable Driver mode or Airplane mode from the control center. These two modes automatically disable all incoming network connection, GPS, Bluetooth, Location Service, Background app refresh and other battery killing processes.
Or Take action manually by disabling WiFi or Other battery-draining activity. Use 4G or LTE
connection in the cellular plan, it will take less time to browse compared to 2G or 3G connection.
Fix 8: the Alternate suggestion is turn off
Your iPhone is totally disabled or Turn off (Black screen, less than 1% & 0%) then turn off the iPhone or iPad. Connect with USB charging cable for the rapid charge.
10% charging will fuel within 6 Minutes in place of 10 minutes.
Fix 9: Contact Expert and get help
Find iPhone repair near me services and Know where is the problem actually. Sometimes dust inside the lightning connector throwing issue or slow charging.
Clean up it yourself or at the service station.
Otherwise, you can also get an appointment at the Apple genius bar. Know Available iPhone warranty status and get a brand new iPhone in the replacement before you open device at the Apple store.
Premium Support is Free Now
Apple Always knows the real-world hardware and software problems in Apple Devices. Wait for few days for upcoming new updates till then Keep External Power bank as an intermediate solution.
Don’t force to charge with the same Cable, Power outlets after you inform that my iPhone won’t charge. Maybe your iOS device getting more hit or damage inside it from the circuit.