Last Updated on Apr 4, 2020
Track your bearings, coordinates, and elevation [Your Height level from Sea level]. Using the Apple Compass app on iPhone and iPad. Get coordinates number for any location on your any iOS device using an app or Without Application. Old iOS version doesn’t have an option to use the compass app officially, because it’s not pre-installed with a new iOS upgrade or Firmware installation. So for all the cases, here I give alternate ways to get GPS coordinates of the current location in Longitude or Latitude.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Note: Many users have also query on Compass app not showing current GPS coordinates in digital numbers. So, don’t be hesitate and follow the below steps carefully.
Steps for Getting GPS Coordinates, Elevation of the Current location on iPhone
- Open the Compass app on your iPhone. Now, you need to allow permission to access location service. If you haven’t enabled then allow the location service “Allow While Using App” for the app from iPhone settings (Given in Next Tips).
- Next, From the compass app, you will get the Information for Coordinates, Location, Elevation from your iPhone Compass app. and Copy as well (Touch and Hold on Information to Copy).
- That’s it.
How to Use Apple Compass App on iPhone: Save and Share
Important: To lock your Current Direction on the Apple Compass app, Tap on the Compass dial, Then you will see Red Band on Dial to Move back to Accurate direction. Now Re-Tap on Compass Dial to Reset and Try again.
We can copy the Coordintess from the iPhone Compass app by tap and hold on information. Tap on copy option and Share or Note your location. we can enter this coordinated on Maps app.
Get GPS Coordinates on the Compass app
- Step 1: Go to the Setting App on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Step 2: Next, Tap on the Privacy option.
- Step 3: Then, Location Services > Enable Location Services toggle.
- Step 4: Scroll Down towards the full list of apps that are using Location service to run.
- Step 5: Choose, Compass app and Select Option for While Using the app.
Without any Apps
Go to the Safari App on iOS device; next enter google maps in the URL search box.
Enter a place name in the Place search box or directly move your location by a tap on blue round, which will automatically track the location and will be shown on Map.
Note: For auto detects the location, you need to give permission to the safari app to use location service while in use.
That’s it; this is the way to find/ get GPS coordinates from Google maps iPhone.
Premium Support is Free Now
Recommended Third-party apps for iOS
Easy GPS: Location track in GPS coordinates (Latitude/ Longitude), Degree/ Minutes/ Seconds and Decimal Degree. And many premium features allow Find location area from Coordinates, Map Widgets, Compass and Google Maps add-on. See more about the app here and Other Commander Compass Lite.
Share your feedback and Question on alternative ways of getting GPS coordinates of the current location on the iOS device, So far.