Table of Contents Show
- Follow the given Alternate fixes if the health app not counting steps on your iPhone
- Enable “Motion Calibration & Distance” Settings on Your iPhone
- How often does the health app update steps
- Wait! Enrich your Knowledge
- How do you refresh the Health app on Apple iPhone?
- Solution #1. Customize the Health App Dashboard and Add New Activity
- Solution #2: To Start Steps Counting on iPhone/ iPod touch
- Solution #3: Reset All Settings on iPhone
- Solution #4: Restart Your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Solution #5. Try a third-party Steps tracking iOS app as an alternative
- Solution #6: Restore your iPhone with iTunes
Is Health App Not Counting Steps on iPhone, Show Steps, Walking & Running Distance? I know you think that you lost an exercise feature on your Phone. Don’t worry. Health App is customizable so we can add or remove any kind of activity on our iPhone dashboard with some record of your Activities like Waking Steps, Walking + Running distance in kilometers, or miles. Now in the latest iOS update, you will get a more refined App Forever. New Activities Like Flights Climbed, Cycling Distance, Body Measurements, Cycle Tracking, Hearing Audio Levels, Hart Rates, Mindful minutes, Respiratory, Sleep Analysis, Menstruation. Some Activity data came from Apple Watch automatically if it’s paired.
Your iPhone’s built-in health app dashboard is always showing you, your health, and fitness tracking app data in one place. As well as it also saves your Medical ID for easy retrieval in an emergency. But now you’re coming here with an issue such as the Health app stopped tracking steps on your iPhone, then I understand your feelings whenever, the health app is gone stuck, and ultimately it stops tracking your Walking +running distance and not updating steps in the dashboard.
But unfortunately, such a problem ‘’iPhone health app steps not working‘’ might come due to a disabled toggle of the Health app in the Privacy Settings of your iPhone. Once you turn on it and make sure of going privacy settings app. Whether you don’t know, but we’re giving you a way to get the fix.
Compatible Models: iPhone 5/5S, iPhone 6/6S/ iPhone 6S/ 6 Plus, iPhone 7/ 7 Plus, iPhone 8/ iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone XS, and iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max .
Recently, the latest major iOS release and lots of users addressed an issue relating Health app won’t track data after an iOS update. We suggesting try the following guide to fix it quickly.
Follow the given Alternate fixes if the health app not counting steps on your iPhone
Enable “Motion Calibration & Distance” Settings on Your iPhone
Due to battery draining issues, some iOS users knowingly and unknowingly disable the settings from the Location services. So here’s the Settings that directly affect your Health data, Because you stopped Location tracking on your iOS device. Follow the below steps and Reenable the Location service for the Health app.
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone. Next, Scroll and Tap on the Privacy Option (For iOS 16 and later- choose Privacy & Security).
If this setting is okay, then Go with the below steps to diagnose tracking issues on your iPhone.
How often does the health app update steps
Apple Health App: The Apple native Health app uses your iPhone’s accelerometer to count your footsteps. sometimes seems that the health app doesn’t update steps. Don’t worry, it often takes half hour to index steps or it takes a day to update health app data depends as per your Phone’s local storage space and Apple server.
if your Phone Health App not counting your steps? Then try to force close health app and then re-open the app again and check it out.
Follow the steps two to three times, if issues persist then should contact Apple support to check for hardware damage maybe the accelerometer is broken or not.
Wait! Enrich your Knowledge
Does the iPhone track steps on a treadmill? No, it will not track the Steps for Walking and Running Distance on a treadmill. Because iPhone uses GPS navigation that calculates the total moment with your movement. We have smart solutions that do and record all types of workouts that might be indoor or outdoor activities. So the people asking me the question Does Apple watch track steps on a treadmill? Yes, it can do very accurate.
To test at yourself, Wear paired apple watch on your wrist and Go to activity app, Find out your indoor Walk or Indoor Run workout steps, That’s it. Enter to correct details and start measuring.
Also, You can do Indoor Cycle, Elliptical, Power, Stair Stepper, Hiking, Yoga, Pool Swim, and Open Water Swim.
How do you refresh the Health app on Apple iPhone?
To get the latest steps counting, I think you should refresh the health by pull down on the health app screen to refresh steps counting or you can do by force close the health app and reopen. Generally, Apple Health data updates every hour from the time your device is connected to Apple Health.
Solution #1. Customize the Health App Dashboard and Add New Activity
Are You missing the Steps, Walking + Running data on your Health App Dashboard? Follow me and Get it on your Dashboard so you can find the data at a glance. Nothing problem with you! You can do it easily and Record all the Activities accurately like me.
iOS 13, iOS 14 or later, Check the Below steps
To Add New Activity in Health App Dashboard,
- 1. Open Health App on iPhone.
- 2. Tap on Health Data Tab at the bottom of your iPhone. Here you are on the main category page, First is Activity. Tap on it.
- 3. Now, Here’s the list of different activities like Steps, Walking + Running Distance, Flights Climbed, Stand Hours, Active Energy, and more. Go to Steps or Waking + Running Whatever you want to add on your Health app dashboard.
- 4. Here’s the Add to Favorites toggle, Just enable it individually that you see on your Health app dashboard.
- 5. Now Quickly jump to Today Tab, and this is the Entry tab when you launch the Health app on the iOS device.
But in the Later iOS 13 device, Settings are changed but the way also works like the above steps.
Solution #2: To Start Steps Counting on iPhone/ iPod touch
- Step 1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone/iPod Touch
- Step 2. Scroll the screen Find and tap on Privacy; you can appear it at underneath Touch ID & Passcode or Face ID & passcode
- Step 3. Scroll down the screen then Choose Motion & Fitness
- Step 4. Now make sure turn Health toggle ON/Green.
That’s it. Now let’s bit walk and check out your health app dashboard. I hope, it will work now. And your Health app not counting steps on iPhone problem is solved.
Solution #3: Reset All Settings on iPhone
Reset Network settings delete all the custom settings on your iPhone and use Apple’s Default settings for Each App. The health app is also on the list. Reset settings will intellectually setup back all the things after reset. This process will take time around 2 to 3 minutes while rebooting the device. But this can’t affect the data saved on your iPhone’s local store.
- Go to the Settings App
- Tap General > Scroll the screen till the end choose Transfer or Reset iPhone
- Hit on Reset
- finally, Tap Reset All Settings. and follow on-screen instructions.
Solution #4: Restart Your iPhone or iPod Touch
After completing the first way, if you are facing the same issue, then reboot your iPhone/ iPod Touch.
in the latest iOS, you can get here – how to Reboot the iPhone without the Power button
For iPhone 11 Pro Max, XS Max, XS, XR, X, iPhone 8 Plus/iPhone 8 Plus users:
- 1: Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button, then
- 2: Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button, then
- 3: Press and hold the Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
To Start the iPhone, Again press the Side button until the startup apple logo on the screen.
If Walking+ running distance doesn’t appear on the dashboard, then follow the below way.
- Open the Health app
- Tap on Health Data
- Choose Fitness
- Now Select Walking + Running Distance
- Now do turn on Show on Dashboard.
These steps you can also follow to show details (Body measurements, Nutrition, Sleep, Vitals, Active calories, and much more ) on the health app dashboard.
Solution #5. Try a third-party Steps tracking iOS app as an alternative
there are number of third-party Steps tracking apps for iOS in the Apple App Store. Popular and best to use App as an alternative health App. in case of the same issue persist on the third-party app then go to the next resort.
Note: I suggest Pedometer++ as an alternative Steps tracking app for your iPhone.
Solution #6: Restore your iPhone with iTunes
First, take a fresh backup copy of your device. you can take data backup in two ways – the first is iCloud and the second is on PC computer or Mac with iTunes.
Apple iCloud just offers 5Gb free storage, therefore, not all users can spend more on iCloud storage. That’s why, I recommend, downloading and installing the latest iTunes version on your Mac or PC, then connect your phone to pc or mac with lighting to a USB cable. And then go to my following articles on
Feel free and write us about your experience concerning the health app not counting steps on the iPhone.
→ Don’t Miss- Fix Apple Watch won’t Counting Steps
Even any queries I’ll advise you early as soon as possible. After fixing the health App, you can try these best health App Compatible devices.
You can also get more information about your phone or Apple Watch health app issues on the Apple document.