Most iPhone users worrying about the physical home button not working on iPhone 8 (Plus), iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S (Plus), iPhone 5S/SE. The problem on the home button sensor does not work after long enough heavy usage and time, Apple gave an official way to move home screen means without press home button without any third-party apps and the external device, hardware repair/ replacement.
Let’s see how to resolve the problem Home button not working on iPhone, iPhone, iPad model in free of cost after expired hardware warranty.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
If you know about Assistive touch under the accessibility that must resolve your problem on the home button broken, not pressing or not working after iOS 13 updating.
Useful in case: Alternate Ways – if the iPhone sleep/wake button doesn’t work.
Step to Enable Assistive Touch when Home button not working on iPhone
1: Keep it charging up to 15 minutes, Check black screen iPhone showing Battery on-screen, Not lightning cable on screen.
iPhone is turn on But home button not working, Check below fixes.
2: Check for iPhone Software Update
- Open the Settings App
- Tap on General
- Click on Software Update [Make sure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network.]
3: For Restart or Reboot the Device,
Press and Hold Below buttons until you see the Apple logo on Screen,
- iPhone 6 and Below: press and hold on the Sleep/Wake and Home button at the same time till the phone power off.
- For iPhone 7/7, iPhone 8 Plus/8 Plus: Press and Hold on the Sleep/Wake button + Volume Down button at the same time till the phone power turns off.
Now to turn iPhone Power on, Let’s Press the Sleep/Wake or Power button till the Phone turn on again.
4: Perform Reset all Settings,
- Launch the Settings app
- Tap General
- Scroll the screen till the end and tap on Reset
- Now tap Reset All the settings. and Follow the on-screen instructions.
Use the Virtual Home button from Assistive Touch on iPhone’s lock screen on the home screen.
in iOS 13 and Later –
- Open the Settings App
- Tap on Assistivetouch
- Turn toggle Assistivetouch on/Green. That’s it!
in iOS 12.4.2 and Earlier all iPhone’s
- Step 1: Go to the Settings app and launch it.
- Step 2: Next, Tap on General > Accessibility > Scroll down and tap on Assistive touch and enable it. For disable, assistive touch (Dark icon on the home screen), move there and disable it.
- Step 3: On your Screen, you will see a white round button with the black area. Just tap on it, the Home option will appear in the square area. Just tap on it when you want to move the home screen from anywhere in the iPhone application or Game.
Note: Home button is not working and wants turn off iPhone without the home button, tap on Assistive touch icon on-screen > Device and Just tap and hold, you will see “Slide to power off” slider option for turn off.
Before that you have purchased an Apple care plan when you bought, you have a chance to replace the iPhone in case your device didn’t drop or Accidental Damage. For that, you can replace the device with express replacement service.
Otherwise, you can contact the regional apple support center and verify with the serial number (Settings > General > About > Serial Number) if the device in warranty then you don’t have to pay for that.
Such big help by apple when the Home button is not working on iPhone running latest iOS.