Last Updated on Sep 2, 2022
Many of us have demanded to Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone or iPad. But there are lots of iOS users who want to remove multiple contacts at once on the iPhone. So defiantly, you might have a question, can I delete multiple contacts on my iPhone? The answer is Yes. For that, you need to download an App from the Apple App store cause Apple doesn’t offer trash mass contacts at once in its native iOS.
So guys, here I’ll share with you the best App to delete multiple contacts at a time. So get all about downloading- install an app and how it works to eliminate your phone book contacts with your permission.
Tip to Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone or iPad
Note: Before you take action, please make sure you can recover it because this app also updates your iPhone’s Phone or contacts app. The guide is useful for all iOS supported devices.
- Step #1. Head to the App Store.
- Step #2. Navigate Groups App using the App Store search bar.
- Step #3. Tap Get to download and install.
- Step #4. Next up, open the Groups App and follow onscreen instructions.
- Step #5: Permit Groups app to access your phone contact. Then, Tap all Contacts to view all saved contact into this app.
- Step #6: Now, You can select contacts from the left Radio button selection in a row.
- Step#7: Then you can take action for selected all contacts such as Copy, Move, Delete Contacts, etc.
Note: from there, you can also send an email, Message, and SMS.
Using this app, you can create a group in iCloud without iCloud web login from your iPhone. That’s what you can’t do with the official Phone/contacts app.
Now go to the Phone app, and See all deleted contacts have been updated.
Excellent, you can remove duplicate contacts, unused contacts, and a Contact name that does not number only an email address.
Can I Delete Multiple Contacts on my iPhone?
Yes, it is possible to delete multiple contacts on iPhone at once. If you’re sure to remove the contacts from iPhone, then no need to individually follow the tedious process to delete the contacts one by one; just follow the process to delete the bulk contacts on iOS.
How to Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone?
Unlike Android phones, deleting multiple contacts on iPhone has never been easier. Of course, you’ll have to use a third-party app or iCloud to achieve this. But yes, these two options are enough for any iPhone and iPad user to delete contacts in bulk at once. Here’s how to do it.
- Visit the iCloud website on any desktop.
- Enter the Apple ID and Password on which the contacts are stored.
- Choose Contacts option from the main page once you login to iCloud.
- Press the Control key on Keyboard and start selecting contacts that you wish to delete at once.
- Once you’re done choosing the contacts, click on the Settings button on the left-down corner.
- And select Delete.
The group of contacts will be removed from all the devices that are using the same iCloud account.
If you have a desktop and remember the iCloud ID, Passwords, this is recommended, rather than downloading the third-party applications.
Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone Using Groups App:
Alternate to iCloud, you can download the Groups app to delete multiple contacts on your iPhone. It is a premium app; some in-app purchases are available, but deleting multiple contacts is free.
- Download and install the Groups App on iPhone.
- Open the Groups app.
- Allow access to Group app to access the Contacts on your iPhone.
- Choose All Contacts from the list.
- Select the contacts that you want to delete.
- Then, tap on Choose Action option on the top.
- Select Delete Contacts and confirm by selecting Remove from my iPhone.
How to Delete Multiple Contacts on iPhone using iTunes
I prefer iCloud instead of iTunes. Then, within few minutes, you can delete contacts on your iPhone. Plus, there is no need to connect the Lightning cable; log in to the iCloud account and start removing contacts from it. I’ve mentioned a detailed procedure in the above section; kindly refer to it.
How do I Manage iPhone Contacts in iTunes?
To manage iPhone contacts, you don’t need iTunes; recently, Apple probably eliminated iTunes for macOS users, as everything is made available in the Mac, MacBook. Again, though, if you’ve Windows and macOS Mojave or earlier, iTunes could be useful for you.
Here’s how to Manage iPhone Contacts,
How to Set up Contacts Account
By adding the email account to iPhone, you can easily add and import the contacts to the iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Choose the Email Account provider like Gmail, iCloud, Microsoft, Outlook, etc. from the list.
- Enter the required information and add the email account to iPhone.
Enable Contacts for an Account
Once you add the mail account to your iPhone, turning on contacts for an account is required. Let’s see how to enable contacts for an account.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Passwords & Accounts.
- Choose the account on which you want to enable contacts.
- Next to Contacts option, toggle the switch on.
- And to turn off contacts, toggle off Contacts and choose Delete from My iPhone.
Select Default Account to add New Contacts
If you have multiple accounts, it’s necessary to set a default account to store all the Newly Added Contacts.
- Open the Settings app on iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap Contacts app.
- Choose Default Account option and set one from the list.
Change Sort and Display Contacts
iPhone allows you to sort the contacts in the Contacts app in the way you want. Here’s how to do it,
- Open the Settings app on iPhone.
- Tap on Contacts app.
- There you should see three different options,
- Sort Order: by this you can sort the list of contacts by First or Last name.
- Display Order: by this you can choose to show First or Last name before or after.
- Short Name: set how do you want to see the contacts in rest of the applications like Mail, Phone, Messages, etc.
Delete Contact on iPhone
Before deleting a contact, you should be aware of two things, when you locally delete any contact from iPhone, it will only be removed from your iPhone. In contrast, when you delete contacts from an Email account like iCloud, Gmail, etc., the contact will get deleted from the rest of the devices using the same email account.
- Launch the Contacts app on iPhone.
- Select the contact that you wish to delete.
- Tap Edit.
- Swipe down the screen and select Delete Contact. Confirm Delete Contact.
What is the Fastest Way to Clean Up Contacts on iPhone?
When it comes to default options, there is no fastest way to clean up contacts on iPhone. iOS doesn’t allow deleting multiple contacts from iPhone unless you’re using an iCloud or third-party app called Groups. With the default Contacts app on iPhone, you can only delete single contact at a time.
I’ve already mentioned all three ways to delete the contacts on iPhone: using the default Contacts app, using iCloud on the web browser, and using a third-party app called Groups.
Furthermore, when you disable the contacts from the account on iPhone, iPhone won’t store contacts from that particular account, which is also mentioned in the above section.
How do you delete Blocked Contacts on iPhone?
Open the default Contacts app on your iPhone and locate the contact that you want to delete from your iPhone and remove it.
How can I edit my iPhone contacts from computer?
No, you cannot. Editing iPhone contacts using a computer is not possible. The only way to edit the contact is to navigate to the Contacts app on iPhone and tap on it; you’ll see different editing options, make changes and once it is done, Save it.
Video on How to Delete Multiple Contacts on Your iPhone and iPad
Want most solutions on the contact app/ Phone app like Delete multiple contacts in iPhone, iPad please share with us, we will be glad to assist you correctly.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.