The previous tutorial I explained, what are the reasons for Mac doesn’t auto-unlock using apple watch? Here I again repeat a short overview then ended with Turn off or Turn on auto open MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, and iMac.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Update your Mac system (Compatible macOS), and Apple Watch with Compatible WatchOS (Quite a tedious job, but you must do for try auto-unlock).
- Both Devices set up under the same Apple ID (You can check it on your Browser from icloud.com – setting menu)
- Your Apple ID turns on for Two-factor authentication (Two-step is different).
- Apple Watch must be on your wrist and unlocked, verify the login password by raising your hand in front of your face.
- Both Apple Watch and Mac enabled system passcode.
Steps for Disable/ Enable or Turn on auto-unlock Mac Using Apple watch: macOS Mojave & Newer
Setup for Auto Unlock Mac using Apple Watch is very easy, in the case are you can’t set up or unlock your Mac Using Apple Watch. So now Read on at last of this article about Troubleshooting solutions and Prerequisite conditions to Use Smoothly.
Step 1: Go to the Apple logo  from the top right corner of the Mac menu screen.
Step 2: Next, Click on System preference…
Step 3: Then, Security and Privacy option.
Step 4: Enable Checkbox – Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac.
Repeat the same steps and above and uncheck “Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac.” Now every time you need to enter your Mac login password.
Can’t Unlock Mac Using Apple Watch
- To use this feature your apple watch must installed WatchOS 3 or Later and Mac running macOS Sierra or Later.
- Check WatchOS Version for Apple Watch: Open Watch app on Paired apple watch iPhone > My Watch Tab from bottom > General > Software Update > Check For Update. MacOS Version on Mac: Apple Logo on Mac > About This Mac.
- Keep your Apple Watch and Mac in the Bluetooth range.
- Your Apple Watch is on Wrist but not unlocked. To use Apple Watch after Wear you must enter the passcode on the Apple watch screen.
- Mac and Apple Watch Signed with the same iCloud account. That Means Mac and Paired iPhone with Apple Watch must have the same iCloud account. Check Apple ID under the iPhone settings app. For Mac, System Preferences > Apple ID.
- Your iCloud account has must be enabled Two-Factor Authentication. we can enable Two-Factor authentication from Mac and iPhone also. Otherwise, go to iCloud dot com and Sign in with your iCloud Apple ID and Password. Next, Go to the Settings and the Option to enable two-factor authentication.
- Compatible Mac and Apple Watch: 2013 mac ower and later running macOS Sierra or later / Apple Watch All models
- Enable Device passcode: Login passcode on Mac and Apple Watch
On Apple Watch: Settings > General > Passcode > Create a New passcode
On Mac: Apple Logo on Mac > System Preferences > users & Group > Select your Profile name > Change password.
- Above guide is the primary process for all Mac’s owner who wants disable/ Turn on auto-unlock Mac using own apple watch, remotely.
More useful tips like it always appreciate you, share it with us in the comment box.