Last Updated on Jun 5, 2021
Want to have experience with macOS 12 on Windows 10 PC? This is the right place for you; in this guide, we’ve mentioned two different methods to download and install macOS 12 on Windows PC, the first one by using VirtualBox, and another one is with VMWare Machine. You can quickly install the MacOS 12 on any Windows PC by following this procedure. Many users and developers need to test their developed apps on Mac, but they usually use the MacOS on Windows rather than buying a new Mac.
Despite this, you can easily install the macOS in Windows using the VirtualBox and VMWare App. In this article, we’ve added both ways to download macOS 12 for Windows PC.
How to Install MacOS 12 in Windows PC? in 2 Ways
Method 1: Using VirtualBox App
We’ve broken this procedure into two parts; in the first part, you’ll learn to set up the VirtualBox for MacOS, and then in the second part, you’ll see how to install macOS 12 on Windows PC.
Part 1: Set Up VirtualBox for MacOS 12
- First of all, download the VirtualBox on your Windows PC. Ignore if already downloaded on your PC.
- Also, make sure to download the Extension Pack.
- Let the download complete, then locate the VirtualBox EXE file and double-click on it to start the installation.
- Once done, launch the VirtualBox on your PC.
- Click on the New button to create a new entry for macOS 12.
- Next, rename the OS as MacOS 12 or give it its full name.
- Click on the Expert Mode option.
- In the Create Virtual Machine window, give the name of OS such as MacOS 12.
- Select Machine Folder path, Type, and Version.
- Up next, ensure the Memory (RAM) size is set to 4GB.
- Under Hard Disk, select Create a virtual hard disk now.
- Once you’re done with selecting all the options, click Create.
- It’s time to import the macOS 12 DMG File, but first, you need to have macOS 12 DMG file on Windows PC, get it from the web.
- Keep the Memory size at 120GB.
- Look for the Hard Disk Type section, choose VHD (Virtual Hard Drive).
- Now, select Dynamically Allotted in the Storage section.
- Click on Create.
- Now, go to the new VirtualBox that you’ve just created and then click on the Settings icon.
- Find the Storage section, select Empty and click on the CD icon and select Choose/Create a Virtual Optical Disk from the dropdown menu.
- Next, add the macOS 12 DMG file in the VirtualBox.
- After that, click on the Optical Drive dropdown and choose SATA Port 0 for macOS 12.
- Click OK and close VirtualBox.
Part 2: Install macOS 12 in VirtualBox
- Open VirtualBox App on your Windows PC.
- Choose macOS 12.
- Select Start.
- Wait for the Apple logo to appear. The same setup screen will appear as it does on Mac PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions such as Language.
- Select Disk Utility.
- Select the Continue button.
- Next, wipe the VirtualBox hard drive to APFS with the GUID scheme. Select Erase and later close the Disk Utility window.
- Now choose the Install macOS option and click Continue.
- Agree to Terms & Conditions.
- Wait for the system to complete the macOS 12 installation. The next screen you would be seeing is the macOS 12 setup screen.
- Again follow on-screen instructions like set Country and region, Language, Time, etc. keep Continue after setting each option.
- You would have to set up the Accessibility part, Data and Privacy section, on the Mac, keep on clicking Continue, and proceed to the next page.
- Do you want to Migrate the data? If yes, then do it from the Migration Assistant window or click Not Now to skip the action.
- Enter the Apple ID and Password. To skip, select Setup Later and move on to the next page.
- Agree to Terms & Conditions.
- Create a new computer account.
- Lastly, choose the theme and complete the Setup.
Method 2: Install macOS 12 on Windows 10 PC via VMware
You can even try VMWare to get the macOS operating system on the Mac, MacBook.
- Download and install the VMWare Workstation on your Windows PC. Double-click on the downloaded file.
- In the New Virtual Machine Wizard window, choose Typical (recommended) and click Next.
- When you see the Hardware Compatibility section, select Workstation 15.x from the dropdown options.
- Up next choose ‘I will install the operating system later.
- When asked to select Guest Operating System, select Apple macOS X.
- While setting the processor number, select 3 or 4.
- Set the Memory to 4GB.
- In the Disk section, click Create a new virtual disk and set the size to 100GB.
- Select CD/DVD option from the left panel.
- Browse the file and import the macOS 12 installer file (DMG) and click OK.
- Open the VMX folder.
- Find and open the VMX file using Notepad. Add the following code in that Notepad file and save it.
- smc.version = “0”
- Open the VMWare Workstation.
- Go to the Disk Utility section.
- Erase the Virtual Drive, it is mentioned in the above method. Do it.
- Again refer to the above section and install macOS 12.
Since many years from now, Tech People are using Different OS on Different System that’s incompatible to setup on Environment. Just like Use android on PC or Mac using Bluestack! In the same way, This techniques helps to install macOS On Windows in free with Open source free software.
Thanks for visiting! Keep posting a comment if you have an issue while installing macOS on windows Desktop or PC.