Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Generally, whenever you trying to add a new contact on iPhone at that time, you get there are three text fields such as First name, Last name, and Company. Even if you want to add Prefix, Middle name, Maiden name, suffix or thinking to add nickname on iPhone contacts. In addition, have you any idea? Right, Don’t worry. Here you will get about customizing iPhone Contacts. Like to know tip for all iPhone users who have running the latest iOS/iPadOS version.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Before Get started steps, we discuss in brief, what is the benefit of Nickname in contact on the iPhone? Yes, you also need to know that the genuine gain of your way. Siri can easily understand short name mean nickname, so using Siri, you can easily call your family member, call a friend and that contact has the nickname. Easy to remember for mail, event time, etc. Therefore, to get more experience on your iPhone, you should go in the following way.
How to Use Nickname on iPhone, iPad in Phone App, Messages, Siri Command: Remove/Update Nickname or Hide
1). Steps to Add NickName For Contact on iPhone, iPad
Here’s the First steps for How do you add a Nickname to iPhone Contacts. Later on, you will see How to Display on Messages, Hide from Messages and Delete/Update Nickname if you want.
- Step 1. Open Phone on your iPhone home screen, Find Contact from List and Tap On Contact name.
- Step 2. Find and Tap on Edit From the top right corner of the screen > Scroll to the Option Add Field.
- Step 3. Tap and Select on Nickname > A new Nickname field added on your Phone Contact.
- Step 4. Now, Scroll to up and Type a New Nickname, here I am adding Howtoisolve Team.
- Step 5: Tap on Done to Save.
- That’s it. Now, Nickname will appear on the Messages app and Using Siri command we can call or Direct message, without knowing other people around you. This is a great security feature.
So share your experience after using this way and leave a caption about how it seems to Add Nickname on iPhone Contacts. Using this same way you can also add Pronunciation first name, phonetic middle name, Pronunciation last name, etc.
2). Enable/Disable Show NickName on the Messages app iPhone, iPad
Now, Message Display the name of NickName inplace of First name or Last name saved on your iPhone Phone app. Below are the steps for Show or Hide Nickname on iPhone Messages app.
- Open Settings app on iPhone > Scroll to Contacts.
- Next, Tap on Short Name > Scroll to “Prefer Nickname” Toggle to Green/Enable,
- That’s it. Now Your Messages app will display Nickname By default. Turn off Nickname showing on Messages app, Then Disable the Above toggle.
3). How Messages Display Nickname on iPhone, iPad
If the Prefer nickname settings are enabled under iPhone Contacts settings, Explained in above. Then your Messages app will see a screen like below, See Difference before and Later. To Hide Nickname “Messages Display Name Always Using Nickname”. Open Settings app > Contacts > Short Name > Disable Prefer Nickname > That’s it.
4). To Remove/Delete Nickname For Contact on iPhone, iPad Phone app
If you want to remove or Delete/Update Nickname for contact on your iPhone, Then Follow the below steps.
- Open Phone App on iPhone > Find and Tap on Contact Name.
- Now, Tap on Edit Button from the top Right corner > Tap on (x) button next to the Nickname field.
- Tap on Done to Save or Remove Nickname from iPhone. Or You can Update by Tap on Nickname.
- That’s it.
5). How to Use Nickname on iPhone for Siri Call, Messages
We can use Nickname for Easy to Remember or Hide the Privacy, So we can call or use Nickname on your iPhone for Messages as well.
- You can call Using Siri command (Enable hey Siri on iPhone): hey Siri, Call Howtoisolve Team. Your iPhone will call to your Contacts saved with Nickname.
6). Crazy Nickname suggestions from Game Center or Use for Contact on iPhone
Nickname always easy to Remember so you can Set Number or Place name, Animal Name, Your Country PM’s name or Famous Celebrity name, You can Also Save as an Emergency Services, Short Name. No one case Guess if your iPhone shows by Someone, messages. So, Let’s Share yours though on what should you prefer as a nickname for Gamers or save as a contact on the iPhone Phone app?
Stay tune-up with us to get daily more new tips and tricks. Share your Problem and Confusion on Nickname.