Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
A single Apple ID is what connects each part of your iPhone and so it is a fundamental division of the iPhone. Like on Android smartphones, Apple allows you to add multiple Apple IDs on iPhone XR but it is limited to three per iPhone. When you want to subscribe iTunes, buy an iBook, buy any App from App Store or for whatever reason the Apple ID is a primary requirement, without Apple ID you cannot move forward.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Since you have searched for how to Change Apple ID on iPhone XR, iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max, we are all ears and ready to help you switch Apple ID on iPhone XR. For whatsoever reason you have decided to change Apple ID, that doesn’t matter. All matter is you should be able to perform for what you are looking for and get success. Begin with changing Apple ID on iPhone XR.
What happens when you Change Apple ID on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max?
There are some files like Contacts, Photos, Calendar reminders, etc will remain as usual even if you change Apple ID on iPhone XR. On the other side, the subscriptions, podcasts, iBooks, Applications, etc associated with your old Apple ID can cause some trouble when you try to update them. Because all the purchase is associated with your old Apple ID and now sudden change in Apple ID will not be allowed by Apple.
How to Change Apple Id Email on iPhone and iPad
Part 1: Sign Out of Current Apple ID
- Step #1: Navigate to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap on Your Apple ID Profile name.
- Step #3: Swipe the screen all the way to the end and tap “Sign Out”.
- Step #4: Again hit “Sign Out of iCloud”, in case if you are using multiple accounts on iTunes, iCloud and App Store. Else proceed to the next step.
- Step #5: Now, enter the password of your Apple ID.
- Step #6: Tap “Turn Off”.
- Step #7: Select the category for which you want to merge the data with a new Apple ID such as Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, and more.
- Step #8: Tap “Sign Out”.
- Step #9: Confirm Sign Out.
Part 2: Sign In with New Apple ID
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone XR.
- Step #2: Tap “Sign in to your iPhone”.
- Step #3: Next, enter the Email.
- Step #4: Type in the email address that is linked with another Apple ID.
- Step #5: For that email address, enter the Apple ID Password.
- Step #6: Select “Merge” or “Don’t Merge” if you select Merge it will merge all the data associated with another Apple ID.
Part 3: Add a Second Apple ID
We can’t use Two apple ID for an iCloud account in a single device. But we can use one Apple ID for iCloud and Second Apple ID for App Store and iTunes.
Check this below screen, My iPad is running on Two different Apple ID, One is for iCloud and second is for App Store and iTunes.
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Locate and tap “Passwords and Accounts”.
- Step #3: Tap “Add Account”.
- Step #4: From the options select “iCloud”.
- Step #5: Enter the Apple ID and tap “Next”.
- Step #6: Enter the Password of that Apple ID and tap “Next”.
- Step #7: Once you are done setting up the email, toggle on the services that you want on your Apple ID.
NOTE: If you want to add an extra layer of security on Apple ID then turn on Two-factor Authentication.
I hope you successfully Switch Apple ID on your iPhone using the Above steps. Having an issue on change Apple ID on iPhone from settings, Let’s share with us on the comment box. Because Apple will ask Password if you haven’t changed from the iOS device for the last many years or Enabled Security on the device.