If you are Mac user from the beginning and well known about each corner of the macOS, then you should have noticed the difference between macOS Catalina, macOS Sierra, and macOS Mojave. In an earlier version of macOS, there wasn’t any term like purgeable file storage. If you have listened to the first time, then you are eager to know what does Purgeable means. It is nothing but files that can be safely deleted when you choose to optimize storage.
Purgeable files can be like cached movies stored in iTunes, language files and more. There is no harm in deleting these files, and in bonus, you will get free space on your MacBook. Moving forward to delete purgeable space in macOS Catalina/Mojave.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Delete/Clear Purgeable space on Mac: Clear Disk Space on Mac
How to Check Purgeable Space on Mac
- Step #1: Click on the “Apple” menu.
- Step #2: Open “About This Mac”.
- Step #3: There, click on the “Storage” tab. Grey Allotted space showing purgeable space. Delete Data from purgeable space we can release Without Terminal Command or Using Terminal Command. Let’s check it out one by one. Also, don’t miss to share the solution that works for you in the comment box.
Clear Purgeable Space on Mac Without Terminal Command
1. Go to the Apple logo on mac menu.
2. Now, Click on the System Preferences option.
3. Next, Click Apple ID under the System Preferences window. Click on iCloud from the sidebar.
4. Now, Nex to the Cloud Drive select options button and click on it.
5. Next, Uncheck all Apple Service using Cloud Drive. And Tap on done to save it.
6. Now, Restart your Mac. Go to the Apple Logo > Restart.
7. Now again open System preferences [Apple logo > System Preferences] and Click on Time machine.
8. From the Time Machine window, uncheck Time Machine Backup automatically. Now the result is showing under the Mac Storage option. Check Purgeable Space using the above steps. Still not clear then try the second method. [Also Check Video Turorial for more help] Clear Purgeable Space Using Terminal Command line.