Unlike other AI assistants out there, Siri is considered to be the most useful tool. It can be used to set times, reminders, and alarms or command the iPhone to do certain tasks without users taking their phone on hand. Despite being useful in making consumer life more accessible, there are some instances where users prefer turning off Siri on the iPhone’s lock screen. If that’s the same with you, read our article to disable Siri on the iPhone lock screen.
Siri, Apple’s virtual assistant, isn’t for everyone. If you don’t find it useful, or it keeps on invoking accidentally, here is how to turn off Siri on your iPhone’s lock screen.
Why should I turn off Siri on the iPhone lock screen?
Turning off Siri on the iPhone lock screen can be a smarter way to protect your personal information data and privacy. Whatsoever, here are some of the common reasons to disable Siri on the iPhone Lock Screen.
- Preventing unauthorized access: If Siri is enabled on the lock screen and, for instance, someone who picks up your phone may able to access your to command Siri to perform certain actions and give access to your data without unlocking your iPhone. Turning off Siri right from the lock screen can smartly prevent such situations.
- Protecting Personal Data: Siri may have access to your personal data, such as messages, contacts, calendars, etc. Thus, turning off Siri on the lock screen will help to ensure that this data isn’t accessible to anyone who might have stolen your device.
- Privacy concern: If you are a privacy-reserved person and don’t want Siri to listen or reply to your command when your iPhone is locked, in this scenario, the better option is to turn it off right on your lock screen.
Steps to turn off Siri on the iPhone Lock Screen (iOS 17)
The mentioned steps are for iPhones running iOS 17 & later versions, so make sure your device is updated to at least iOS 17. To check for updates, read our article on how to update your iPhone to the latest iOS.
- Go to the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Swipe down and select Face ID & Passcode.
3. After that, enter your lock screen password.
4. Now, swipe down to Allow Access When Locked Menu.
5. And then turn off the toggle next to Siri.
That’s It! From now on, the personal assistant Siri will no longer offer the suggestion on the lock screen. If you want to re-enable it once again, perform the same steps and then enable toggle next to Siri.