Last Updated on Aug 18, 2020
Nowadays creating accounts on social media is not as easy as earlier; they will ask you to enter the Email, Phone Number, Ask for Personal Details, and more. In case if you are trying to use a phone number or email to create a new TikTok account that already is connected to other TikTok account, you may not be allowed to create the TikTok account with the information that already has been used. For any reason, if you want to disconnect the phone number from TikTok or change the phone number in TikTok, this tutorial will show you how to do so.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
At first, you’ve to verify the ownership by entering the verification code, then enter the code and process with changing the phone number. Alongside, to permanently remove the phone number from TikTok, you have to send a written message to the TikTok Support team and let them know that the phone number associated with the TikTok account is no longer accessible by you.
How to Disconnect Phone Number from TikTok
How to Change My Phone Number in TikTok
- Open the TikTok app.
- Sign in to your TikTok.
- Tap on the profile shown by Me icon.
- Again on the upper-right corner, tap on three dots.
- Go to Privacy and Settings.
- Tap Manage my account.
- Select Phone Number.
- Change Phone Number? Tap Change.
- You may be asked to verify the current phone number. Type the current phone number associated with TikTok.
- Verify it by entering the code, sent to the registered number on TikTok.
- Then, type the New Phone Number and enter the verification code sent to the newly registered phone number.
How to Remove My Phone Number from TikTok Permanently
- Go to the TikTok app.
- Tap on Me tab in the lower-right screen.
- Tap on three dots on the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to the Report a problem.
- Under Select, a Topic, choose Account and Profile.
- Then tap Phone Number/E-mail.
- Choose I want to change the associated phone number.
- In the end, tap No for Is your problem resolved?
- Tap Still have a problem.
- You can write to TikTok that you don’t have access to the current registered number as of now.
- To verify your ownership, answer the following questions if the TikTok Support Team asks like,
- Sign-up date
- Recent login location
- Registered device
- Bound/old phone number
- Provide all of this information and wait for their response.
Can you send messages on TikTok without a phone number?
Well, NO, to send messages on TikTok, a valid phone number must be associated with your TikTok account. However, sending messages on TikTok won’t be charged by the carrier, but still, you have to use the correct phone number with TikTok. Besides, the phone number can be used to sign in to the TikTok account for secure and faster access to the account.
Premium Support is Free Now
Why does TikTok need a phone number?
The phone number creates a unique identity of the TikTok account, once a number is registered with the TikTok account, it cannot be used to create a new TikTok account. By this, the number of fake accounts reduced to half, and people with genuine identity proof are allowed to use the TikTok, which is of course best for you and your followers.