Last Updated on Oct 6, 2021
Learn here how to disconnect/ remove your phone number from your TikTok account? Nowadays, creating accounts on social media is not as easy as earlier; they will ask you to enter your Email, Phone Number, Ask for Personal Details, and more. Moreover, suppose you are trying to use a phone number or email to create a new TikTok account connected to another TikTok account. In that case, you may not be allowed to create a TikTok account with the already used information. For any reason, if you want to disconnect the phone number from TikTok or change the phone number in TikTok, this tutorial will show you how to do so. So, in advance, Try this Tiktok alternative.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
At first, you’ve to verify the ownership by entering the verification code and then entering the code and changing the phone number. Alongside, to permanently remove the phone number from TikTok, you have to send a written message to the TikTok Support team and let them know that the phone number associated with the TikTok account is no longer accessible by you.
How to Remove Phone Number from TikTok on iOS and Android
How to Change/Remove Phone Number in TikTok
Follow the bottom steps to change your TikTok phone number. To remove the phone number on TikTok, go to the following guide, number #2.
- Open the TikTok app.
- Sign in to your TikTok.
- Tap on the profile shown by the Me icon.
- Again on the upper-right corner, tap on three Lines. Go to Privacy and Settings.
- Tap Manage my account.
- Select Phone Number.
- Change Phone Number? Tap Change.
- You may be asked to verify the current phone number. Type the current phone number associated with TikTok.
- Verify it by entering the code sent to the registered number on TikTok.
- Then, type the New Phone Number and enter the verification code sent to the newly registered phone number.
That’s It! also, This article covers “What should I do? guide” if you are disappointed in Removing or updating your phone number on the TikTok app.
How to Remove My Phone Number from TikTok Permanently
Let’s follow the steps to remove your phone number from TikTok without replacing it.
- Go to the TikTok app.
- Tap on the Me tab on the lower-right screen for TikTok app settings.
- Next Tap on three dots on the top-right corner.
- Let’s Scroll down to the Report a problem.
- Under Select, a Topic, choose Account and Profile.
- Then tap Phone Number/E-mail.
- Choose I want to change the associated phone number.
- In the end, tap No for Is your problem resolved?
- Tap Still have a problem.
- You can write to TikTok that you don’t have access to the current registered number as of now.
- To verify your ownership, answer the following questions if the TikTok Support Team asks like,
- Sign-up date
- Recent login location
- Registered device
- Bound/old phone number
- Provide all of this information and wait for their response.
1. How do I delete TikTok without a phone number?
Apart from the phone number, you can delete TikTok by using Email. While removing the TikTok account, you may have seen the Phone Number and Email Account options; these options only appear when the corresponding phone number or Email is linked to your TikTok Account. So, to delete TikTok without a phone number, first, you’ve to add an Email and then choose Email while deleting the TikTok.
- If the Email Address is not registered in TikTok then submit your Emil address in TikTok Profile. then Try to delete the account using Email.
2. Can you send messages on TikTok without a phone number?
Well, NO, to send messages on TikTok, a valid phone number must be associated with your TikTok account. However, sending messages on TikTok won’t be charged by the carrier, but still, you have to use the correct phone number with TikTok. Besides, the phone number can be used to sign in to the TikTok account for secure and faster access to the account.
3. How can I make another TikTok account with the same number or Email?
Sorry to hear that; I understand you may have limited phone lines and are you creating an account for love once or for you? Unfortunately, Registered users can create one account with One Mobile number or Email ID because of security and privacy reasons. But you can log in to the same TikTok account on different devices.
So, in solution, you have to Remove your Phone number from your old account and signup for a new account with your old Phone number or Email. I explained the steps in this tutorial under the headline “How to Remove My Phone Number from TikTok Permanently.”
4. Why does TikTok need a phone number?
The phone number creates a unique identity for the TikTok account; once a number is registered with the TikTok account, it cannot create a new TikTok account. By this, the number of fake accounts reduced to half, and people with genuine identity proof are allowed to use TikTok, which is, of course, best for you and your followers.
5. What to do if TikTok Says your phone number has been used?
Nowadays, your phone number and Email ID are the most used attributes to register yourself on any platform, and so on TikTok. Furthermore, you can only use the Phone Number or Email once to create a new account for TikTok, and it’s not allowed to register and create multiple accounts using the same phone number, neither on TikTok.
If TikTok says that your phone number has been used, you might have forgotten to unlink the number from TikTok. Besides, on deleting the TikTok account, your phone number and other associated details automatically get deleted.
6. Someone is trying to make a TikTok Account with my Phone Number
I’ve seen people reporting this kind of issue, not only with TikTok but with other apps too. Even if you haven’t created any TikTok Account, but your phone number OTP Verification Code comes, that’s because someone is using your mobile number to create TikTok Account. However, there is nothing to worry about as without entering the OTP Verification Code, and no one can register their own phone number to create a new account. Unfortunately, in such cases, it’s pretty hard to do anything. But you can create a TikTok account using your mobile number; by doing this, no one can use your number to create a new TikTok account.
7. What to do if TikTok says your phone number is already registered?
How did you register on TikTok by Email or Phone Number? If you’re receiving your phone number is already registered on the TikTok message (TikTok says my phone number is Already Registered?), that means someone has already used the mobile number you’re using right now.
For once, try using your phone number to log in on TikTok Account, or use forgot password button to reset the password. Deleting the account can recover your Number for Create New Tiktok account or Register in Existing TikTok Account.
8. Is it safe to give TikTok your phone number?
To get the most out of TikTok, you need to give a mobile number like, without linking the phone number with TikTok, you cannot use the DM functionality. It’s hard to say that TikTok is safe or not; therefore, in this case, make your own decision.
9. How do I change my phone number on TikTok?
Changing the phone number on TikTok is not a big deal; here’s how to change the phone number on TikTok.
- Go to the TikTok App.
- Tap on your profile.
- Hit the three vertical dots on the upper-left corner to expand the menu.
- Choose Manage my account.
- Tap Phone Number.
- From here you can follow the on-screen instructions and complete the procedure.
10. Can someone see my phone number on TikTok?
No, TikTok won’t display your phone number. Though, the TikTok accounts are visible to everyone unless you’ve set the privacy for the profile. You’ve always chosen to make your account private or the public; explore your profile on TikTok to manage such options.
11. Why does TikTok need my phone number?
There are many reasons why TikTok asks you for the phone number, like without adding the phone number; you cannot use the DM on TikTok. Furthermore, it adds an extra layer of security to your TikTok account. Phone number sign-in gets even quicker; de-activating and re-activating the TikTok account is too easy. In short, if you’re adding the phone number to TikTok, the account gets more secure.
12. How do I contact TikTok?
To report or contact anything associated with TikTok, visit the TikTok Support Page, and appropriately explain what’s your problem or what do you need, try to be more specific and give them the information they need to resolve your issue.
Or, Contact Via Twitter, @tiktokcreators; you will get a reply soon; thousands of active TikTok creators joined this Twitter community; they are aware of your problem and helping out with your problem.
Also, You should Find Your problem on this page and Report it directly to TikTok.
13. How long does TikTok deactivation take?
It takes 30 days to permanently remove your profile from TikTok. Though it won’t be visible to anyone, TikTok still gives you 30 days to reactivate the account in case you want.
14. How can I text TikTok without a Phone Number?
Unfortunately, It’s impossible to text on TikTok without linking the phone number with your TikTok Account. So if you want to send DM on TikTok, kindly add the phone number to the respective TikTok Account.
15. How do I Change My TikTok Password Without My Phone Number?
To reset the TikTok Password, your phone number or Email must be linked to your TikTok Account; otherwise, there is no way to reset or recover the lost TikTok password. Without a phone number or email, there is no way to change the TikTok password if you’ve forgotten it.
16. How Can I Make Another TikTok Account with the Same Number?
No, you cannot use the same phone number or email address to create a second TikTok.
17. Can you have 2 TikTok accounts with the same phone number?
Unfortunately, TikTok won’t let you use the same phone number to create two different TikTok Accounts. So if you have Dual SIM iPhone, create a new account using another phone number and verify successfully. Later on, there is an account switching option, so Sign out and Sign in compulsory to move into another account.