Last Updated on Jan 2, 2021
Nowadays creating accounts on social media is not as easy as earlier; they will ask you to enter the Email, Phone Number, Ask for Personal Details, and more. In case if you are trying to use a phone number or email to create a new TikTok account that already is connected to another TikTok account, you may not be allowed to create the TikTok account with the information that already has been used. For any reason, if you want to disconnect the phone number from TikTok or change the phone number in TikTok, this tutorial will show you how to do so. in advance, Try this Tiktok alternative.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
At first, you’ve to verify the ownership by entering the verification code, then enter the code and process with changing the phone number. Alongside, to permanently remove the phone number from TikTok, you have to send a written message to the TikTok Support team and let them know that the phone number associated with the TikTok account is no longer accessible by you.
How to Disconnect Phone Number from TikTok iOS and Android
How to Change My Phone Number in TikTok
- Open the TikTok app.
- Sign in to your TikTok.
- Tap on the profile shown by the Me icon.
- Again on the upper-right corner, tap on three dots.
- Go to Privacy and Settings.
- Tap Manage my account.
- Select Phone Number.
- Change Phone Number? Tap Change.
- You may be asked to verify the current phone number. Type the current phone number associated with TikTok.
- Verify it by entering the code, sent to the registered number on TikTok.
- Then, type the New Phone Number and enter the verification code sent to the newly registered phone number.
Read More: Tips to Duet on Tiktok
How to Remove My Phone Number from TikTok Permanently
- Go to the TikTok app.
- Tap on Me tab in the lower-right screen.
- Tap on three dots on the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to the Report a problem.
- Under Select, a Topic, choose Account and Profile.
- Then tap Phone Number/E-mail.
- Choose I want to change the associated phone number.
- In the end, tap No for Is your problem resolved?
- Tap Still have a problem.
- You can write to TikTok that you don’t have access to the current registered number as of now.
- To verify your ownership, answer the following questions if the TikTok Support Team asks like,
- Sign-up date
- Recent login location
- Registered device
- Bound/old phone number
- Provide all of this information and wait for their response.
Can you send messages on TikTok without a phone number?
Well, NO, to send messages on TikTok, a valid phone number must be associated with your TikTok account. However, sending messages on TikTok won’t be charged by the carrier, but still, you have to use the correct phone number with TikTok. Besides, the phone number can be used to sign in to the TikTok account for secure and faster access to the account.
How can I make another TikTok account with the same number or Email?
Sorry to hear that, I understand you may have limited phone lines, and are you creating an account for love once or for you? Unfortunately, Because of security and privacy reasons, Registered users can create one account with One Mobile number or Email ID. But you can log in to the same tiktok account on different devices.
So, in solution, you have to Remove your Phone number from your old account and signup for a new account with your old Phone number or Email. I explained the steps in this tutorial under the headline “How to Remove My Phone Number from TikTok Permanently”.
Why does TikTok need a phone number?
The phone number creates a unique identity for the TikTok account, once a number is registered with the TikTok account, it cannot be used to create a new TikTok account. By this, the number of fake accounts reduced to half, and people with genuine identity proof are allowed to use TikTok, which is of course best for you and your followers.