Last Updated on May 17, 2022
Finally, the wait is over and watchOS 8 is available to download for your Apple Watch. Whether you have Apple Watch Series 3 or later all-new models, in this article, you will learn how to update Apple Watch to watchOS 7. This is the first update regarding the watchOS 8, it may also be possible that Apple will release a few more to fix the watchOS 8 issues or bugs.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Before downloading watchOS 8 to your Apple Watch, verify whether your Apple Watch is compatible with watchOS or not. Furthermore, there are some requirements that you should consider prior to the update.
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close
- Make sure Apple Watch and iPhone are connected to Wi-Fi and Also Paired.
- Put the Apple Watch in Charge (Apple Watch Installation Required At least 50% and connected with Charging)
- Check if your iPhone is updated to the latest version
2 Methods: Steps for Download and Install WatchOS Update on Apple Watch With or Without iPhone
Here’s the answer of how do I update my Apple Watch to latest watchOS,
WatchOS 8 Compatible Apple Watch
- Apple Watch 8
- Apple Watch 7
- Apple Watch 6
- Apple Watch SE
- Apple Watch 5
- Apple Watch 4
- Apple Watch 3
To install WatchOS 8 on your Apple Watch, Your iPhone must have installed iOS 15.x. Follow this tutorial on install iOS 15 on iPhone [Developer iOS 14].
Next, check on your iPhone’s Watch App to Download WatchOS 7 Update for your Paired Apple Watch.
- Open Watch App on your iPhone > My Watch Tab > General > Software Update > Download and Install Latest WatchOS
First Update your iPhone to the latest iOS (For WatchOS 8, iOS 15 is required)
Step #1: First and foremost thing, you should update the iPhone to the latest version.
To do so,
- Go to the “Settings” app on the iPhone.
- Tap “General”.
- Scroll down and select “Software Update”.
- If any pending update is available then, tap “Download and Install”. [the latest free firmware for the public is iOS 14.5]
After iOS installed on iPhone, Check For Apple Watch Update to WatchOS
- Step #2: Now, connect the iPhone to the Wi-Fi.
- Step #3: Locate and open the “Watch” app on the iPhone.
- Step #4: On the bottom, select the “My Watch” tab.
- Step #5: Go to the “General”.
- Step #6: Hit the “Software Update”.
- Step #7: Now, you have to select “Download and Install”.
- Step #8: For security reasons, you may ask to enter the iPhone Passcode, enter it.
- Step #9: “Agree” to the Terms & Conditions.
- Step #10: On your Apple Watch, tap “Proceed”.
- Step #11: Lastly, you will be asked to enter the Apple Watch Passcode.
Update Apple Watch Without iPhone
WatchOS 6 or later WatchOS 6.x Apple Watch users can directly Download and Install Update to Apple Watch. Press the Digital Crown button to move the Apple Watch apps home screen. Tap on Settings app [Gear icon] > Tap on General options > Software Update.
- Note: Keeps your Apple Watch Near to iPhone. Or WiFi should be enabled on Apple Watch. Check under the Apple Watch control center [Swipe up On watch Face from the bottom edge to popup Apple Watch Control center].
- That’s it.
Now, the progress wheel will appear right on your Apple Watch, indicating that the update is in the progress. Sit back and relax as it may take minutes or an hour to update the Apple Watch. If the New WatchOS installation Failed, check out our quick tutorial that helps to fix,
- Unable to install WatchOS on Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Stuck on Apple Logo
- Customize Control Center on Apple Watch
Are you have trouble with the Apple Watch installation pls share it with us in a comment.