Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Group Notifications and Screen Time are the best announcements of the iPhone/iPad to date. In this article, we will talk about group notifications. Group Notifications prevent the alerts and notifications from scattering and make a group of them so that with one swipe you can remove the notifications of the particular app from the screen.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
The basic idea behind this feature is if we don’t enable Group notifications you will receive a separate notification without order and scattered on the screen. You have to scroll and scroll to get notification of a particular app. Instead, when you enable group notification the alerts of the particular app will be grouped together and when you tap on them they will expand. I hope you understood what is Group Notifications. Apple has added Group Notifications widely to the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac for the compatible devices. Learn one by one how to use Group Notifications on Apple devices.
How to Group Notifications By App on iPhone, iPad
- Step 1: Go to the “Settings” App.
- Step 2: Tap “Notifications”.
- Step 3: Choose the App on which you want to receive group notifications and tap on it. For example, here we have taken Whatsapp for the stack of Group Notifications.
- Step 4: Tap “Notification Grouping”.
- Step 5: Select “By App”.
From now all the alerts and notifications will be grouped in one stack. Kindly remember that you have to repeat this procedure for each application individually.
And ever your mind change and you would like to revert Group Notification by App then you can turn off Group Notifications by App for specific App at any time.
To Disable Group Notifications by App in iOS 14/iOS 13/iOS 12 go with the following Steps!
Open Settings App > Find Notifications > Choose an App that you want to stop Group Notifications > Select OFF. Enjoy the world’s best Smartphone NC [Notifications Centre].
Now, we will talk about Apple Watch, in WatchOS 5 or later, Apple also offers Group Notifications stack for Apple Watch, too. Let’s a closer look!
How to Enable Group Notification by App on Apple Watch
Apart from the iOS devices, you can also get the group notifications in Apple Watch. As our Apple watch is very small compare to the iPhone’s display, so we need group notification primarily in apple watch. Let’s head over to steps and see how to group notifications in apple watch.
- Step 1: on your iOS device, open the “Apple Watch” app.
- Step 2: Then on the bottom of the screen tap on “My Watch”.
- Step 3: Scroll and Tap on “Notifications”.
- Step 4: There Tap on “Activity”.
- Step 5: Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on “Notification Grouping”.
- Step 6: Now, click on “By App”.
How to Enable Group Notifications on MacBook, Mac: Mac Big Sur or Later
Group Notifications plays a very important role in reducing notification clutter and keep the Mac Notification Center clean, like crystal. All the MacOS Big Sur Compatible Devices can turn on Group Notifications on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and other Mac’s.
Like all other Apple devices, Mac offers three options to group notifications, lets see how it can be done.
- Click on the Apple logo that you’ll find on the top navigation menu.
- From there, choose System Preferences.
- Go to Notifications.
- On the sidebar, all the applications will be listed, choose the one for which you want to enable group notifications.
- After that, on the main screen, look for the Notification grouping.
- It will show three options: automatic, by app, and off.
Let’s check out what do they mean,
- by app: This option will group notifications for a particular application that you’ve chosen.
- automatic: This setting group notification for specific Chat/Messaging Group of the app.
- off: No notifications will be grouped.