VoiceOver is a feature that reads out the screen, window and other information that appears on the Mac. If you are visually impaired person or dealing with critical eye-related problems, but can’t compromise your work, then you should read this tutorial till the end. In VoiceOver, you can use the VoiceOver commands to interact with Mac’s screen. Simply move the cursor on the screen or description, the VoiceOver will read it out for you.
Apple offers various accessibility features that help physically challenged people to continue their work even in worst conditions, VoiceOver is a live example of accessibility. Hopefully, once you read this, it will be easy for you to learn how to use VoiceOver on MacBook/Mac.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
6 Tips to Use Voice Over on Mac Running MacOS Catalina or Earlier
Turn on VoiceOver on Mac and Other VoiceOver Shorcuts
Enabling VoiceOver on Mac is quite straightforward. Here’s how you can turn on VoiceOver on macOS Catalina or later versions. Once we logged in the Mac login screen, we can activate or Turn on VoiceOver using the Keyboard Command or Manually under the Mac System Preferences settings, Follow the below steps to use VoiceOver on Compatible Macs and Mac Version.
- Click on the “Apple” logo, which is on the top menu.
- Select “System Preferences”.
- Scroll down and go to “Accessibility”.
- Click “VoiceOver”.
- Check the box of “VoiceOver”, to enable it. Or you can press Command+F5, to turn on VoiceOver on latest macOS.
How to Use VoiceOver Training [Learning Tutorial]
Your Mac will train about how VoiceOver work on your Mac? To get the most of out VoiceOver, it is necessary to take the VoiceOver Training on Mac. It seems easy to use VoiceOver, but it is not. From here you can take VoiceOver training.
- Go to the “Apple” menu and choose “System Preferences”.
- At the bottom, click “Accessibility”.
- Click on “VoiceOver”, which is on the left pane.
- Select “Open VoiceOver Training”.
- Use the Right key of your keyboard, and begin your practice of different VoiceOver controls. Also, you can click “Continue” to move forward.
How to Change VoiceOver Voice [Male/Female]
Most of the people didn’t understand the voice of VoiceOver, for them, there is a way to change the voice. Even it allows you to control the Speaking Rate of VoiceOver.
- Click on “Apple” logo, on the top menu.
- Open “System Preferences”.
- Locate “Accessibility” and click on it.
- Select “Speech”.
- Under “System Voice”.
- Choose from various options available, click on Voice and then “Play” button for demo.
- After selecting the Voice, you can adjust the Speaking Rate of the VoiceOver to slow down or speed up the voice.
How to Use VoiceOver Utility To Change VoiceOver keys Command
VoiceOver Utility contains certain feature that let you customize the VoiceOver. You can change greeting message when Mac boots up, modifier key, etc.
- Click on the “Apple” menu on the top bar.
- Navigate to “System Preferences”.
- Go to “Accessibility”.
- Choose “VoiceOver”.
- Open “VoiceOver Utility”.
- To change the greeting, then click on the dialog box.
- Also, you can enable “Display welcome dialog when VoiceOver starts”.
- To replace the default “Keys to use as the VoiceOver modifier”, click on the drop-down menu. You can change it to Caps Lock, Control-Option or both.
- Check the box of Allow “VoiceOver to be controlled with AppleScript”, if you want to use this feature.
How to Set up VoiceOver Portable Preferences
You can set up VoiceOver for portable preferences, here’s how to do it.
- Open the “System Preferences” from the Apple menu.
- Scroll down and click on “Accessibility”.
- Go to VoiceOver > Open VoiceOver Utility.
- “Set up” the “Portable Preferences”. on Small Same Window popup.
- Select the portable drive and click “OK”.
How to Enable Descriptions or Caption Panel
When you enable descriptions on VoiceOver, it will play a description of visual content. When you’ll play any video or visual content, the VoiceOver will read it out.
Premium Support is Free Now
- Click on “Apple” logo which is on the top menu bar.
- Click “System Preferences”.
- Go to “Accessibility”.
- On the left pane, select “Descriptions”.
- Enable the option of “Play audio descriptions when available”, that will play default descriptions if available.
In the Same way, we can use VoiceOver on iPhone/iPad, Apple Watch As well. But the Settings for Enable/Disable VoiceOver is always under the Accessibility settings. look into this on your Apple Device to enable it and use.