Last Updated on Jul 6, 2021
AIGPUSniffer Quit Unexpectedly Mac error crashes on Mac randomly and won’t let the Adobe Program. This error could show while using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Creative Cloud, and other Adobe apps. Mac users are already dealing with this error for a long; however, it takes few minutes to fix the AIGPUSniffer error in Mac. This issue has been detected after updating the macOS to the latest version; it seems like an incompatibility between the macOS and Adobe program, closing randomly.
To prevent this error, we’ll try few potential workarounds like disabling the GPU Acceleration, changing Bridge Preferences, Installing Updates, and so on. But, first, let’s stop these software crashing issues with Mac and Adobe Programs.
Note: If you are getting errors after Update macOS, then I recommend following the below steps, or Downgrade macOS or Install Earlier Version on MacOS In Different partitions on the same mac.
Fix Adobe AIGPUSniffer Quit Unexpectedly Mac
Turn Off GPU Acceleration
One of the most significant ways to fix the Adobe AIGPUSniffer Crashing and Quit Unexpectedly on Mac or any device, then disable GPU without wasting time. By disabling the GPU Acceleration for Adobe Illustrator will fix the issue, and most appreciated one to date. Here’s how to do that.
- Open the Adobe program that is showing AIGPUSniffer Error.
- Click on Illustrator or any Adobe Program in the top menu bar.
- Select Preferences.
- Go to GPU Performance tab from sidebar.
- Uncheck the GPU Performance and lastly, click OK.
Change Bridge Preferences
Another positive solution is to change the Bridge Preferences in the Mac. When the File Type Association is set to AIFPUSniffer, Mac could show a quit unexpectedly error; then change it to Adobe Illustrator.
- Open the Bridge Preferences in your Mac.
- From the sidebar, click on File Type Association.
- Look for the .ai and ait options and for them set it to Adobe Illustrator.
Install Adobe Updates
Adobe Updates can be installed from its official Adobe Product Website for both Mac and Windows. Let’s troubleshoot the bugs and errors by updating the Adobe programs. Connect Mac to stable Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection and then proceed with the steps.
- Visit the Adobe Product Page on any web browser.
- Look for the Adobe Program, which is constantly quitting on Mac unexpectedly.
- Next, click on the Download button for Mac.
- Once it is downloaded, open it and follow the on-screen instructions to set it up.
Safe Mode on Mac
Safe mode on Mac Determines the software issue on mac startup. and fix the issue automatically. Here’s the detailed guide on how to put your Mac [M1 or Intel] in Safe mode and Exit from Safe mode.
Reinstall Adobe Program
Since none of the above tricks resolved Adobe is quitting randomly, it’s time to reset the app, and the best way is to delete the Adobe program, which is showing an error, and then reinstall it. This will remove all the associated files from the Mac, including the corrupted ones.
- Open the Applications folder from Finder.
- Find Adobe program which is causing errors.
- Drag it to the Trash. if you can’s Delete, Refer this, Mac won’t uninstall app.
- Empty Trash to ensure it is removed from the Mac.
Get Support from App Developer
App developers are always keep eye on the developer forum and Support. So you have a chance to share your Problem with the app developer and Raise your hand with free support. Here’s how to contact the app Developers. or Wait for an Update that’s compatible with MacOS and bug fix.
You can later download the Adobe program from the Adobe Products Page, the fresh version.