Last Updated on Aug 29, 2021
Apple Pay is in one solution to purchase essentials at retail stores, and other items, keeping up the security of its users. It’s way better than choosing any local credit card or gift card that quickly operates anywhere whether you want to make online purchases or offline. However, if your iPhone showing Apple Pay requires an Update on this iPhone, then Apple Pay won’t work until the iPhone is updated to the latest version. Ironically, this error message appears even though the iPhone is updated to the latest firmware.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Apple has addressed this issue, the thing is, it is not yet a major problem, but if you are the one, with the problem, it needs to be fixed. You have two options to deal with this error, Reinstall the Update and Contact Apple Support. Try to reinstall the update, if that doesn’t work, then reach the nearest Apple Store, to get it fixed.
Fix Apple Pay Requires an Update on this iPhone Error Message
Step 1: Back Up iPhone
As we have to reinstall the iOS, backing up the iPhone is the most essential thing; you should do it before going down to the next step. At least, you’ve your data safe if anything might go wrong.
From the beginning, Apple iOS and iPadOS can be backed up over iCloud and iTunes, you can choose any of them. However, with the air of reducing clutter, iTunes is been removed from macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, which makes it even easier to operate the iPhone from the Finder. If you are taking back up over macOS Catalina 10.15 then, definitely it’ll be fun.
How to Back Up iOS/iPadOS with iCloud
- To back up over iCloud, connect the iOS or iPadOS device to the Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Settings
- Tap on your name.
- Scroll down to the iCloud.
- Enable Backup and then, tap Back Up Now.
- Back Up progress bar will show you the status, leave the phone as it is until the backup completes.
- From the iCloud window (Step 4), locate the latest backup, and verify with the date and time.
How to Back Up iOS/iPadOS with Mac/PC
- Connect the iOS/iPadOS device to the PC/Mac using the lightning cable.
- For macOS Cataline or later: Launch the Finder.
- For the macOS Mojave or earlier and Windows PC: Launch the iTunes.
- If you are connecting the iPhone or iPad for the first time, a message may display asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now select the iPhone or iPad from the Finder or iTunes from the left sidebar, and then click Back Up Now, from the main screen.
Step 2: How to Reinstall iOS/iPadOS to fix Apple Pay requires an update error
So now, you’ve backup the iOS, it’s time to reinstall the software.
- Connect the iPhone to the PC using the lightning cable.
- If you own macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, then open Finder.
- If you own macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier and Windows PC, then open iTunes.
- Tap Trust, when you are asked to Trust This Computer.
- From the Finder or iTunes, choose your iPhone/iPad.
- Now in Finder, select the General
- While in iTunes, click Summary.
- For Mac: Command+Click on Check for Update button.
- For Windows PC: Control+Click on Check for Update.
- The process may take a few minutes to complete, so let the reinstallation finishes, till then, don’t unplug the iPhone from PC.
Also, Get More Solution – 8 Tips to Fix Apple Pay Not Working
If you find the same Apple Pay requires an update message on iPhone or iPad, then take the device to Apple Support, they will fix the issue.