Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020Get troubleshooting to fix the Gmail account unusable after the iOS upgrade. Mostly iOS upgrade is a very simple way if just to be followed able steps to upgrade iOS then no error occurred. But unfortunately, there are many iPhone or iPad users having issues after upgrading their Apple iOS, likely problem with app downloads after upgrading or while several users have encounter error that Gmail account unusable after the update, Means Gmail is not working right on iPhone and Since iOS, settings do not provide a way to enter a new app password for the account (no password box displayed anywhere in the Gmail configuration).
In short, Gmail is not to be working on your iPhone or iPad mail. It might happen due to Apple software’s glaring bug. If you’re out of them then don’t worry. I giving you an alternate way that’ll help you to resolve your issue correctly with the latest. Then follow below outlined instructions carefully and get access to your Google account in usable situations on your iPhone or iPad.
Best Methods to Fix Unusable Gmail Account on iPhone, iPad
Solution 1: Reboot iOS Device
The very first solution is to get the Gmail App work on iPhone is to restart the device.
For iPhone 8 or later and iPad without Home button,
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 7/7Plus,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button and release it when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 6S, 6S Plus or earlier and iPad with Home button,
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Home button until the Apple logo displays on the screen.
If you’re getting the same issue as it then try the second way listed below.
Solution 2: Enable IMAP on Gmail
If your Gmail is not receiving emails on the iPhone, then make sure the IMAP is enabled on your Gmail Account. The IMAP is an advanced technology that delivers the mails from Gmail servers to your Inbox. Here’s how to turn on IMAP on Gmail iPhone.
It’s better if you do this on PC/Mac or else open the Safari browser on iPhone and switch it to desktop mode.
- Go to gmail.com and sign in.
- Tap on the Settings.
- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Enable IMAP for your Gmail account.
Solution 3: Remove and Re-Add Gmail Account
If none of the above methods works to fix the unusable Gmail account on the iPhone, then you have no choice left other than removing the Gmail account from your iPhone and add it again.
For iOS 14 or later:
- Open the Settings app.
- Swipe down and tap on Mail.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap on the Email Account that you want to remove.
- Select Delete Account.
For iOS 13 or earlier:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap on the Gmail and (then on the Gmail Account that you want to delete, only if there are more than one Gmail Accounts are present on your iPhone).
- Finally, tap Delete Account.
Once you delete your mail account from iPhone/ iPad settings, add it again and wait for few minutes until Gmail App Syncs with your iPhone.