There are few people, who really like to keep a collection of pictures and videos on local disk, so they can be accessed anytime anywhere without any need for internet connection or iCloud ID. To do so, all it takes an Apple original cable and iPhone, and just connect iPhone and PC using the cable and you are ready to go. But what if iPhone DCIM Folder not showing up or empty on Windows 10 PC? At that time, this elementary method of plug and play won’t help you copy or move pictures from iPhone to PC.
If you are a victim of the same issue, then make sure to read the troubleshooting and fix Windows PC not showing the iPhone DCIM folder. It will only take a few minutes until you realize the real issue behind this.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Fix iPhone DCIM Folder Not Showing Up or Empty on Windows 10 PC
Before digging your iPhone and PC, make sure to read the below points.
- Make sure the pictures and videos you are looking for are not hidden.
- Delete and install the Apple Mobile USB Driver on Windows PC.
Where is the iPhone DCIM Folder on Windows PC?
If you don’t know how to access DCIM Folder on Windows PC or how to connect iPhone to Windows PC, then read this section.
- Bring the original Apple Charging Cable and connect it to Windows PC and iPhone and unlock the iPhone.
- If it is the first time you are connecting to PC, then iPhone will ask you to Trust This Computer or Do Not Trust. Tap Trust, otherwise, Windows PC won’t detect the iPhone.
- On your PC, click on My Computer/This PC and find Internal Storage, which actually refers that your iPhone is connected to PC and now you can access the internal storage of the iPhone.
- Click on Internal Storage to open the folder and see if there’s a DCIM folder available.
This is it! If you don’t find the DCIM folder on Windows PC, then continue to read the post till the end and understand how to fix the iPhone DCIM folder not showing up or why the iPhone DCIM folder is empty on Windows 10 PC.
Why iPhone DCIM Folder Not Showing Up on Windows PC?
If you’ve already disabled iCloud Photos and Optimize iPhone Storage, and DCIM folder not showing on Windows, then try these basics.
Solution 1: Restart Your Apple iPhone
The very simple but potential way to fix random issues is to reboot the iPhone. Based on your iPhone model, follow the process to restart the iPhone.
For iPhone 8 or later and iPhone X-series family models,
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. then
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. then
- Now Press and hold the Side button until the black screen appears on display.
- After a while phone will start automatically. Next, enter your phone passcode to unlock phone. Now try to connect to Pc computer and check iPhone pictures showing up in the DCIM folder. in case of photos on iPhone but not in dcim folder, kindly refer to the next solution.
For iPhone 7/7Plus,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For other iPhones,
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button and release it when the Apple logo appears on the display.
Solution 2: Reset Location and Privacy
Doing this, will not affect any local data, once reset Location and Privacy are done successfully, and thereafter when you connect iPhone to PC, a pop-up will ask you to Trust This Computer, at that time tap Trust.
- Navigate to the Settings
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to the last and select Reset.
- Select Reset Location and Privacy.
Still, if Windows not showing the iPhone DCIM folder, then remove the cable from iPhone and reconnect it two to three times.
Why iPhone DCIM Folder is Empty on Windows 10 PC?
Don’t worry, there are thousands of iPhone users have faced and resolved this issue. However, it doesn’t seem any issue, there are few settings you have changed to optimize your iPhone performance and it ended up with the iPhone DCIM folder is empty on Windows 10.
Certainly, when we enable iCloud Photos on iPhone, all the photos and videos automatically upload to the iCloud storage in their original resolution. While, the low-resolution/preview of uploaded photos is still accessible from Photos app, so whenever we tap on any Picture or Video that is uploaded to iCloud, it will take few seconds to load in original quality. However, these photos and videos are still can be managed from any iDevice/Mac that is signed in with the same Apple ID. You can view photos and videos in the DCIM folder that haven’t been uploaded to iCloud. I hope, you’ve completely understood how iCloud Photos works and why the iPhone DCIM folder not showing pictures on Windows PC.
Premium Support is Free Now
How to Download Photos and Videos from iCloud in Original Quality in Windows PC?
- Luckily, with Apple ID, there’s a quick way to download photos and videos uploaded in iCloud Storage. Open the iCloud.com on PC and sign in with Apple ID. Navigate through pictures and videos that you would want to download on Windows PC.
- Alternatively, you can disable iCloud Photos, which will keep the original photos/videos right in the internal storage of the iPhone and won’t upload in iCloud Storage.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Apple ID Profile Name > Tap iCloud > Turn Toggle Off iCloud Photos and check Download and Keep Originals.