The only downside of buying the iOS devices is, Apple won’t let you download the applications except for App Store unless you have some hack and want to take risks. In this tutorial, I’ll walk you through the easiest way to install the emulators or any app that is not available in the App Store, but still, want to have on your iPhone. One of the developers has built an alternative to App Store, known by the name, AltStore, which lets you download the emulators on iPhone without jailbreaking the iOS device. If you are interested in doing so, then you would need a PC, to download the AltStore on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Applications installed from the AltStore last longer for seven days, but the connection between the AltServer basically installed on PC will communicate with the AltStore of your iOS device only when the PC and iOS device is connected to the same internet network overcomes this issue. Learn how to download and install AltStore on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
How to Install any App on iOS with the AltStore
There are two things you should keep in mind before installing the AltStore on your PC, update the iTunes to the latest version and if you’ve downloaded the iTunes from the Microsoft Windows Store, on your Windows PC, then uninstall before installing the AltStore in the Windows 10 PC and download and install it from the Apple’s website.
- Once the iTunes installation completes, proceed further.
- Visit the AltStore official website and download the AltStore.
- Install the AltStore.
- Connect the iOS device to the PC, using the lightning cable.
- Launch the AltServer on your PC.
- Select “Install AltStore” and then the connected iOS device.
- Enter the Apple ID and Password, within a few moments the AltStore will start installing on your iOS phone.
- Thereafter, unlock your iPhone and see if the AltStore App is installed or not on the Home Screen, since you haven’t installed the AltStore App from the App Store, you might want to grant authorization permissions from the iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and select Device Management.
- Open the AltStore and follow the on-screen instructions to start using the app.
How Do I Add Apps to AltStore?
I assume you have read the procedure to download the AltStore on iOS device and already installed it, then, here’s the way to add apps to AltStore.
- To install applications from AltStore, you have to download the IPA file for that App from the, visit the IPA Library and download it.
- After downloading the IPA file, open the AltStore App on your phone.
- Tap on My Apps
- Look for the Plus(+), on the upper-left screen, tap on it.
- Search or Select the IPA file, of the app.
- Wait until the AltStore installs the app.