Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Nowadays playing YouTube videos in the background is too complicated as Apple itself is blocking our ways. Recently it pulled the ProTube app from the App Store, and we all know that YouTube Premium lets you play YouTube Music in the background but only if you have a subscription. Who wants to waste a single penny, when there’s an alternative way to play videos of YouTube in the background, whilst you are busy playing games or surfing on Safari.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Unless you change YouTube to Desktop Site mode, Safari won’t let you play music in the background. Learn how to play YouTube in the background on iOS devices.
Play YouTube Videos in the Background on iPad, iPhone, Android
How to Play YouTube Videos in Background on iOS
There is no need to download any third-party app to play videos in the background when Safari can do it for you.
Using the Safari Browser,
- Launch the Safari Browser on your iDevice.
- Type YouTube and open it.
- Search for the YouTube video that you want to play.
- Tap on the Aa.
- Locate and tap on the Request Desktop Site.
- YouTube will switch to desktop mode.
- To make sure YouTube video plays in the background, tap on Safari Tabs
- Change the tab. If the video continues to play, press the Home button or gesture and get back to the home screen.
Using the Opera Browser,
- Launch the App Store and hit the Search button on the bottom.
- Type Opera Mini and download the app.
- Set up the app.
- Now, type m.YouTube.com in the URL bar and when it opens search the song which you want to listen.
- (You can get and copy Video URL from sharing icon on YouTube app, it’s easy to play video on Opera browser by paste it)
- Play the video.
- Press the Home key and get back to the Home screen and start multi-tasking. When you press the Home key, YouTube will stop playing music.
- Finally, swipe the control center and tap play on music control, and music will be resumed.
How to Control YouTube Music on iPhone, iPad
Yes, you can directly play and pause the YouTube Video Playing in Background, just like we do in Apple Music. However, the process differs from one device to another.
For iPhone 8Plus or earlier, the Control Center comes up by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
How to Play YouTube Videos in Background on Android
Similarly, the Chrome app can do it for you.
- Open any of the browser app, Google Chrome or Opera Mini or Firefox.
- Then search YouTube and again search for YouTube video to play.
- If you are using the Chrome app, then tap on three vertical dots.
- Select the Desktop site.
- Press the home button and the YouTube video will continue to play in the background on Android.
Above are the quick ways to play YouTube video on background, Without close or unlock your iPhone listen to audio from YouTube on iOS.
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏