Most of the folks decide to remove or update touch ID fingerprints from iPhone and iPad. In this are you new in this case then this guide will helps without any confusion successfully? Also, you know that now you have to require high security in your iOS device on iTunes, Apple Pay, and an Unlock device. In my previous article, I explained how to add touch ID on the new iPhone and iPad device. You can do this with selected Apple models, iPhone SE, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S (Plus), iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 8 (Plus), iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3.
Note: In update touch ID, You have to set for more than 2 and up to five scanned fingers, If possible as a Touch ID. in more, also learn how to get back the Touch id & passcode option missing on iPhone or iPad after iOS update.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Guide on how to Turn off Touch id on iPhone and iPad
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad
- Step 2: Scroll the screen and Find & Tap the options Touch ID & Password.
- Step 3: Here’s my iPhone screen, look at I added my fingers on my device. and enabled us to use it for iPhone unlock, Apple Pay, iTunes & App Store, and Password AutoFill.
- Step 4: Tap on the figure name you had set. From the top of the screen, Tap on the Fingerprint name option.
- Step 5: Tap on added Fingerprints to remove from the list.
- Now, Tap Delete Fingerprint.
- and Tap on Add a Fingerprint to add a new one. You should know, We can add up to 10 Fingerprints on iPhone [Beyond the 5 Fingerprints limit].
- Rescan your finger by touch & Hold on the home button. To scan your finger you don’t press or move down button. When scan complete you feel slight auto vibrate.
Now you have been Updating Touch ID fingerprints in the device.
For Remove/ Turn off/ Deleting Touch ID Fingerprint in iPhone, iPad: iOS
Disable Touch ID is a big decision for you because now you must Setup Passcode to protect the iTunes Store, Apple Pay and lock screen.
- Open the Settings App >Scroll the screen tap Touch ID and Passcode
- Under the “Use Touch ID for” Section, Disable/ Turn off toggle for iPhone unlock, Apple Pay, iTunes & App Store.
Now your iDevice is free from Touch ID lock and security.
Touch id & Passcode option missing on iPhone or iPad [iOS 12, iOS 13 or later]
- Open the Settings App
- Tap Screen Time
- enter the screen time passcode if your phone will be asked
- Tap “Content & Privacy Restrictions”
- then scroll the screen and look for “Passcode Changes”
- in the “Allow Changes” section.
- Choose Allow. (if you set Don’t allow that means restrictions applied that’s why Touch id & passcode option won’t show in the settings app)
- Now open the Settings app and explore the Touch ID & Passcode.
That’s it! I hope this trick helps you out. in case of this clue won’t work in your case, then perform hard reboot your iPhone. and check out again.
in advance, a very rare case, some of the options missing in iOS due to bad security bug in the new OS. So you should go for downgrade iOS or make an Apple Store or Genius Bar Appointment and visit the Apple support center.
Touch ID Not Working on iPhone/iPad
For the physical Home button iPhone, iPad Touch ID is the most prominent hardware. because we can quickly and easily access your device using a left or right hand. Now some people are querying that why my iPhone/iPad Touch ID is not responding or Fail to Verify on the first attempt. After that how to reconfigure Touch ID Fingerprints as a first solution. and Second, is my iPhone having hardware issues? if yes then how could we fix?
Premium Support is Free Now
- First of all remove all fingerprints, by a swipe to delete fingerprints. and re-add one by one. Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Swipe Finger to Left to delete fingerprint.
- Reset All Settings: Go to Settings app > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- Hard Reboot your iPhone: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus users can use the Side/Power button and Volume down button to Hard Reboot the iPhone. Press and hold both the button until your iPhone see the Apple logo on the screen. and Turn on using the Power button only.
iPhone 6S/6S Plus and Earlier: Press and Hold Side/Power button and Home button until the Apple logo on the screen. Use the Side button to turn on.
- hardware issues you can resolve by replacing the Home button it gets damaged. also, you can make an Apple Store or Genius Bar Appointment and visit the Apple support center or Nearby apple device repair shop.
If you arise thoughts and helpful questions on Touch ID and remove or Update Touch ID fingerprints on your iPhone, then comments below.