Most of the folks decide to remove or update touch ID fingerprints from iPhone and iPad. In this are you new in this case then this guide will helps without any confusion successfully? Also, you know that now you have to require high security in your iOS device on iTunes, Apple Pay, and as an Unlock device. In my previous article, I explained how to add touch ID on the new iPhone and iPad device. You can do this with selected Apple models, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S(Plus), iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 8(Plus), iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3.
Note: In update touch ID, You have to set for more than 2 and up to five scanned fingers, If possible as a Touch ID.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Step to Remove or Update Touch ID fingerprints in iPhone and iPad
- Step 1: Launch the Setting app on iPhone/iPad
- Step 2: Scroll and Find the options Touch ID & Password.
- Step 3: Here’s my iPhone screen, look at i added my fingers on my device. and enabled to use it for iPhone unlock, Apple Pay, iTunes & App Store and Password AutoFill.
- Step 4: Tap on figure name you had set. From top of the screen, Tap on Fingerprint name option.
- Step 5: Tap on added Fingerprints to remove from the list. Now, Delete Fingerprint.
- and Tap on Add a Fingerprint to add a new one. You should know, We can add up to 10 Fingerprints on iPhone [Beyond the 5 Fingerprints limit].
- Rescan your finger by a houch & Hold hold on the home button. To scan your finger you don’t press or move down button. When scan complete you feel slight auto vibrate.
Now you have been Update Touch ID fingerprints in device.
For Remove/ Turn off/ Deleting Touch ID Fingerprint in iPhone, iPad: iOS
Disable Touch ID is big decision for you because now you must Setup Passcode to protect iTunes store, Apple Pay and lock screen.
- Go to the Setting >Touch ID and Passcode
- Under the “Use Touch ID for” Section, Disable/ Turn off toggle for iPhone unlock, Apple Pay, iTunes & App store.
Now your iDevice is free from Touch ID lock and security.
Touch ID Not Working on iPhone/iPad
For Home button iPhone, iPad Touch ID is the most prominent hardware. because we can quickly and easily access your device using left or right hand. Now some people are querying that why my iPhone/iPad Touch ID is not responding or Fail to Verify on the first attempt. After that how to reconfigure Touch ID Fingerprints as a first solution. and Second, is my iPhone having hardware issues? if yes then how could we fix?
- First of all remove all fingerprints, by swipe to delete fingerprints. and re-add one by one. Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Swipe Finger to Left to delete fingerprint.
- Reset All Settings: Go to Settings app > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- Hard Reboot your iPhone: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus users can use Side/Power button and Volume down button to Hard Reboot the iPhone. Press and hold both the button until your iPhone see apple logo on screen. and Turn on using Power button only.
iPhone 6S/6S Plus and Earlier: Press and Hold Side/Power button and Home button until apple logo on screen. use Side button to turn on.
- hardware issues you can resolve by replacing the Home button it get damaged. also you can visit apple support center or Nearby apple device repair shop.
If you arise thoughts and helpful question on Touch ID and remove or Update Touch ID fingerprints in your iPhone, then comments in below.
Jaysukh Patel is the founder of howtoisolve. Also self Professional Developer, Techno lover mainly for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and iOS, Jaysukh is one of responsible person in his family.
Contact On: [email protected] [OR] [email protected]