Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Nowadays, Bluetooth is the heart of every computer and laptop. Like the most common uses of Bluetooth in Mac are connecting wireless keyboards, mouse, speakers, trackpads and other devices. However, at some point, it can create difficulties in connecting Bluetooth devices. Usually Bluetooth not working occurs when you update the macOS to the newest version or some malware attacked your MacBook Pro, MacBook Air or anything. There are few common solutions to this headache like rebooting Mac, un-pairing and re-pairing the Bluetooth devices, replace the battery of Bluetooth device or the SMC reset. In the worst case, if none of them work for you then lastly you have to reset the Bluetooth hardware module on macOS.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Important Note: When you will reset the Bluetooth hardware module on macOS it will temporarily disconnect wireless mouse and keyboard or any other Bluetooth devices on your Mac.
Here’s how to Reset Bluetooth Hardware Module on latest macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave
- Step #1: Press and hold “Shift + Option(Alt)” and then click on the “Bluetooth” icon on the menubar.
- Hint: In case, Bluetooth icon missing in the top menu bar on your Mac then this trick will help you to get the bluetooth icon back.
- Step #2: Next, move the cursor to the “Debug” menu.
Step #3: Choose “Reset the Bluetooth module” from the list.
Step #4: So you will get confirmation pop-up so click on OK to take the process terminate side.
Step #5: Once the process gets completed, restart your MacBook normally.
Now you have to connect the Bluetooth devices to Mac using the same typical method and check everything is working properly or not.
In the Debug menu, you will find more options such as Factory reset all connected Apple devices which will reset Apple-branded devices to default settings, Remove all devices, it will remove all the devices in one click and Bluetooth logging. All of these options are used for different purposes. However, for troubleshooting anonymous issues resetting the Bluetooth hardware module is worth trying.
- Bluetooth Not Working on Mac
- Ever you facing Bluetooth not Available on Mac then try this fix and don’t worry, my this trick helps you to repair WiFi: No hardware installed Error on Mac.
Quick Handy Tips
- Create another Admin Account and Check Bluetooth is Worked on Not: Apple logo on Mac top menu > System Preferences > Users & Group > Unlock the Restriction [Remove lock] > Click on Plus to add a new Administrator account. That’ it.
- Reinstall macOS on Mac without Deleting the Data.
Note: Keep in mind that the connected Bluetooth device should be in range with Mac or else it can be one possible reason why Bluetooth not working on macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave.