Last Updated on Apr 29, 2021
On your iPhone and iPad Screen time improved very well, also for all Mac devices. So We can manage screen Time from any apple device. The screen time ensures the better performance and durability of the device. Now one question will pop up in your mind, which is how it is helpful in increasing durability. It is because when you set screen time passcode, the usage of the iPhone will minimize and this is how it will protect your iPhone from rough usage. After long use or forgot screen Time passcode after set on your iOS device is the normal case. that we can fix, it’s not like an Apple ID passcode. That means you need to reset the Screen Time passcode anyhow.
You can get complete detail of the Screen Time feature of iOS, iPadOS. Now, coming back to our tutorial how to reset the screen time passcode on iPhone, iPad, give few minutes and get the process completed. Below solutions are also work for iPhone 12 Pro/Max/Mini, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE 2020, XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6,and iPhone 6 Plus/ SE/5S.
How to Reset Screen Time Passcode on iPhone
What is Screen Time Passcode?
The Screen Time Passcode is a way to safeguard the Content & Privacy Restrictions or it is also useful to extend the time on App Limits. So when you activate Screen Time in your iPhone or your Kid’s device the device will ask you to set up Screen Time Passcode.
One thing to keep in mind that the Screen Time Passcode is different than the password that you are using to lock and unlock the device, that’s how you can control the usage of your Child’s iPhone. It is very simple to remove Screen Time Passcode but to do so you must remember the Screen Time Passcode. Given video showing you, how to Reset Screen time passcode on your iOS 12 or later running iDevice. Watch and Enjoy this tip!
- iOS 13.4 and Later iOS/iPadOS users can Recover Screen Time Passcode using Apple ID
- iOS 1.3 and Older iOS/iPadOS users, Must have to Restore their iPhone/iPad Using iTunes/Finder on Mac or PC
- macOS Catalina 10.15.4 or later, Users can Forget screen Time Passcode Using Apple ID.
How to Forgot Screen Time Passcode on iPhone?
Earlier it was not possible to reset the screen time passcode unless you decide to factory reset the entire iPhone. However, with iOS 13.4 or later, Apple lets you reset the screen time passcode using the Apple ID and Passcode to authenticate identity.
For iOS 13.4, iOS 14 or later,
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to Screen Time, tap on it.
Forgot Screen Time Passcode on iPhone Video Guide
Also Helpful: Forgot Screen Time Passcode on Mac
Forgot Screen Time Passcode on iOS 13.3/iPadOS 13.3 or Earlier,
To reset the Screen Time Passcode on iPhone, you have to restore the entire device to factory settings. However, to prevent data loss you should take a backup of your data. Here’s how you can do it,
How to create a backup using iCloud
- Step #1: Launch the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap on your name.
- Step #3: Select “iCloud” > Tap on “iCloud Backup”.
- Step #4: Lastly tap on “Backup Now”.
NOTE: Do not turn off the Wi-Fi until the backup is completed.
How to Create Backup using iTunes/Finder
macOS High Siera or later macOS users can use Finder for Backup and Restore iPhone and iPad, Because of your Screen Time passcode forgot. Now, you have to Erase your Device after Backup first. Windows Users can use iTunes only.
- Step #1: Connect the iPhone to the Computer and launch “iTunes”/”Finder”.
- Step #2: Select your device.
- Step #3: Next, select the “Summary” tab.
Step #5: Directly tap on select “Backup Now” to create and save a Backup file on your Mac.
How to Erase iPhone using iTunes or Finder on Mac/PC
Before Restore you must Disable Find my iPhone if it’s enabled.
- Step #1: Connect your device to PC/Mac.
- Step #2: Launch “iTunes”.
- Step #3: Select your iPhone.
- Step #4: Click on “Restore iPhone”.
If the iPhone is unable to restore then try to put your iPhone in Recovery mode and try to restore again.
Once you have done restoring the iPhone, the Screen Time Passcode in iPhone XS Max will be reset. Now you can set up the iPhone and restore the backup to get the data back.
How to Forgot Your Child’s Screen Time Passcode [iOS/iPadOS 13.4 or Later]?
If you’re a parent and want to reset the child’s screen time passcode, these steps will help you reset the screen time passcode as this facility isn’t available in your child’s iPhone.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap Screen Time.
- Tap on the child’s name for which you want to reset the screen time passcode.
- Hit the Change Screen Time Passcode.
- Next, tap on Change Screen Time Passcode.
- Enter your Passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID to confirm this action.
- Type the new Screen Time Passcode and complete the setup.
That’s it. The above solutions work for all if you follow the steps in sequence for reset the Screen Time passcode on your iPhone.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.