Sharing location with your friends has now been much easier; you have WhatsApp, iMessage, and many other applications to share location via iPhone. We have prepared this short tutorial, to show one more way to share your location; yes, using Apple Watch, it is possible to share the location. However, sharing location on Apple Watch isn’t that advanced, like WhatsApp as it doesn’t have the support of Live Location yet, but we are expecting it in future updates.
Whether you have invited a friend to a birthday bash or to visit your place, Apple Watch comes in handy to share location on Apple Watch. The only limitation of using this service on Apple Watch is you cannot share live location on Apple Watch, so after sharing location on Apple Watch, if you have moved to a new place, then you need to resend the location on Apple Watch, it won’t track you.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
How to Share Your Location on Apple Watch
We’ll use the iMessage app on Apple Watch to share location; here’s how to do it.
- Raise your wrist to unlock Apple Watch.
- Press Digital Crown to bring Applications on Home Screen.
- Find and tap on Messages.
- Open the iMessage conversation with whom you want to share the Location on Apple Watch.
- Touch and hold the screen after opening the conversation on the Messages app.
- Note: If it shows, “Turn On-Location Services Service to Allow Messages to send your location” Error on Apple Watch, make sure to check out the next section of this tutorial, unable to share location on Apple Watch, to turn on Location service from your iPhone also for Messages app and share it on Apple Watch.
- Tap on Send Location.
Troubleshooting! Unable to Send Location on Apple Watch?
If you can’t share location on Apple Watch; you’ve probably haven’t enabled Share My Location on iPhone. At first, verify if Location Services is turned on for Apple Watch or not. Error Message on Apple Watch is Turn On-Location Services Service to Allow Messages to send your location. Let’s Fixed it.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Privacy.
- Select Location Services.
- Open Share My Location and Turn On Share My Location.
- Now get back to Location Services Screen, and tap on Messages.
- Choose While Using the App.
- That’s it.
Now Go back to Apple Wath and Repeat the steps to sending your location using apple watch. Share your feedback on comments! Thank you.