Last Updated on Aug 13, 2021
This post is about, Settings way for Set/ Default Web Browser in macOS Monterey and earlier Operating System.. in your iPhone, iPad, or even on in your other iOS devices you select Safari or DuckDuckGo as a default Search engine. Same thing you can do on your MacBook Air, Mac Book Pro, or Mac OS X desktop. Just need a couple of steps to adjust which apps (web browser) open when you click a website link on Mac OS X.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Using this Post, you can easily understand; How to Default Web Browsers in macOS. Set Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, etc as a default search engine. Moreover, you can set a default web browser DuckDuckGo on your iPhone or iPad Air/ iPad Mini. Web browser Provides advanced features likewise Private Web browsing, New Window, Recent tabs, Bookmarks so that you can fix it as your favorite website or portal; from bookmarks list, you can easily open specific Web URL.
Steps for Change the default Web Browser on Mac
most probably, mac change default browser to chrome from Mac settings. Or we can also set alternate Web browsers like Firefox, Microsoft Edge. Follow the below steps,
- Step #1.From the Apple Menu,
- Step #2. Choose System Preference
- Step #3. Click on General.
- Step 4. Now, Click on ‘’Default Web Browser’’ pop-up Menu and Select a web browser, like Safari; you can see that in the beneath picture.
The above steps are for the macOS Monterey, Catalina, High Sierra, EI Capitan, OS X Yosemite(10.10) if you’ve to work on Mavericks or earlier Mac OS X then follow under given outline. I highly recommend to set or change Google Default Browser on Mac, Because it’s a secure and Most Powerful feature that supports a large Extension library among Best Mac Browsers.
how to Make Google Default Search Engine on Safari Mac
Safari on Mac uses Google as a default search engine. but if you wish to change and set another Search engine then Follow the below steps, and select Yahoo, Bing, Duckduckgo, Yandex, Ecosia. Follow the below steps,
- Open Safari on Mac > Click on Safari from top menu > Preferences.
- Click on Search > And select the Search engine from the dropdown. Yahoo, Bing, Duckduckgo, Yandex, Ecosia
- That’s it.
how to Make Google Default Search Engine on Chrome Mac
Follow the below steps to Change Default Search Engine on Chrome mac Browser,
- Click on the Menu option from the top right corner of the screen > Settings.
- Click on Appearance from sidebar > choose “Search engine used in the address bar” as Yahoo!,
Bing, DuckDuckGo, Ecosia, AOL and Ask.
- That’s it.
The way for, Mavericks, OS X Lion, and earlier Mac OS X
- 1. Open Safari from the Application folder or launchpad or Dock
- 2. From the Safari menu bar, select Preferences.
- 3. Click the General Button.
- 4. Now, Click on ‘’Default Web Browser’’ pop-up Menu and Select a web browser, like Safari.
That’s it. How to seem this article to you on Change default browser in Mac OS? Give your feedback in the comment.