Last Updated on Aug 19, 2020
Before try to update or install new iOS on your device we have to take a backup before update iOS on your XS Max/ XS/ XR/X//8/7/6S/6/SE, iPad all version and iPod Touch. Such a significant and considerable improvements in new iOS, Millions of iOS users are waiting for time to start the update. But before that time you have to keep the backup in your system (Mac/ PC), it’s hence that there are many possibilities for getting an error on update iOS from old iOS to the latest iOS. After that, you can freely download and install new iOS to your device directly over the Wi-Fi from the setting app.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
From history, many folks got Error 403, Error 9004, error 3194, and many such due to server down, miss-configuration and space problem or an internal error.
Now, During the backup time you have two possibilities: on your Mac/ PC using iTunes and the other one is using iCloud (Online Backup). But due to less space in iCloud users go with the offline backup.
Steps for Taking a backup copy before update iOS on your iPhone, iPad
Backup Using Finder on Mac
MacOS High Sierra and Later macOS users can use Find for Backup Apple iPhone and iPad to your Mac. but Older macOS and Windows users can use iTunes, That’s showing in the next steps,
- Open Finder on Mac or Macbook. Connect your iPhone to Mac Using lighting cable. Unlock your iPhone and Get access to your iPhone in the Finder sidebar.
- Click on Device’s name from the Finder sidebar. and See the Backup section, click on Back Up Now [Option 6 in below image] for On-Demand Backup.
- Wait for Backup Process will complete and Start Upgrading to the Next version.
- That’s it.
Using iTunes: Take a backup before update iOS on iPhone, iPod, or iPod touch
- Step 1: Connect your iOS device to your Mac/ PC through lighting cable.
- Step 2: Open iTunes on your Mac/ PC.
- Step 3: Once your device configured with iTunes, Device with the name appears on the top tab.
- Step 4: Click on it, and under the summery, you can see an option to take a backup of your current iOS and data, Apps, and more very fast locally.
Note: verify your last backup data also available under the back up now button.
Wait for the time; it will depend on how much backup is available.
iCloud Backup: Take back up on iCloud on Wi-Fi – online Backup
- Step 1: Go to the Setting app in your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) > Tap on Your Name
- Step 2: Next, iCloud > Backup > iCloud Backup.
- – Enable iCloud Backup.
In latest iOS 11 or later user follow this path – Go to Settings App – Tap on Profile banner that appears above the AirPlane mode tab – Tap on iCloud – Scroll down the screen to iCloud Backup – Turn toggle iCloud Backup ON/Green – You will get a Popup Start iCloud BackUp tap OK. Now to take a fresh backup tap on Back UP Now. That’s it!
Step 3: iCloud password required for security reasons. Enter a valid iCloud password.
Step 4: After successful login, your screen should be like below.
Step 5: Tap on Backup now. To start backup your photo library, Accounts, Document, health data, and Setting.
Premium Support is Free Now
Hopefully, you Take a backup before update iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Please ask up if any problem and Question-related backup, share with us on below comment box.