Last Updated on Feb 23, 2021
That time has long gone, when the browser used to throw a pop-up asking you to install the Flash Player while browsing the websites that feature animations, forms, and many more elements that bring life to the website. However, with the massive support for advanced languages like HTML5, WebAssembly, and WebGL, now you don’t need Flash Player, everything is inbuilt and compatible. Major tech companies are already trying to eradicate the Flash Player and finally, by the end of 2020, Adobe has left support for the Flash Player.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Flash Player was found unsecured because overtime Adobe wasn’t updating it and that could be vulnerable to theft. This is the only reason why companies like Apple Safari, Google, Mozilla are trying to put a hold on the Flash Player.
How to Uninstall Adobe Flash Player on MacBook, Mac
Why You Should Remove Flash Player?
The one and only reason why removing Flash Player is recommended is your Mac is potentially at security risk, since the Adobe is not releasing the security patch and further updates. Besides, the Safari and other browsers have already disabled the support for the Flash Player, so there is no need to keep Flash Player in the system.
How to Delete Flash Player on Mac, MacBook
To remove the Flash Player from MacOS, you would need to download the uninstaller, however, the download the compatible uninstaller depending on your macOS X version.
For macOS 10.4 or later
- Download the Flash Player Uninstaller on your Mac.
- Once the Uninstaller is downloaded, open it on your Mac.
- Select Uninstall.
- First, quit all the tabs and browsers.
- You can also close the browsers from the uninstaller by selecting the browser or click Retry if it is necessary.
- The uninstaller will take few moments to uninstall the Flash Player.
- Next, launch the Finder and click on Go located in the top menu bar.
- Select Go To Folder…
- And enter the following path: /Library/Preferences/Macmedia/Flash\Player and delete this directory.
- Again following the same steps, open the /Library/Caches/Adobe/Flash\Player and delete it.
- Visit the LINK to determine whether the Flash Player is uninstalled or not. Click on “Run Test” and you will see the browser installed Flash player itself. that might be For Internet Explorer, Internet Explorer on Windows 10, Legacy Edge on Windows 10, Enable Flash Player for Edge on Windows 10, Chromium-based Edge on Windows 10, For Firefox, For Safari, For Google Chrome, For Opera.
- Quickly check and Get results like this.
For Older version of MacOS user can follow the below steps.
For macOS 10.1 to macOS 10.3
- Download the Uninstaller on your Mac.
- Launch the Uninstaller.
- If asked, authenticate the uninstaller with Mac.
- Select Continue.
- Once the process is finished the uninstall will quit automatically.
- And to verify, visit the LINK.
Hope you get the complete guide on Uninstall Adobe Flash Player from Mac Any Browser with any macOS Version [Big Sur and Earlier…].
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏