Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Let’s Delete or Uninstall apps or Programs running on macOS Catalina, Mojave? Deleting applications is very easy in macOS compared to any other operating system. Just select the particular application and move to trash. But today we want to share some more powerful and useful information that will free up a notable space in your macOS. When you uninstall a program on macOS, they are partially removed from the system. Many related files to that application are still stored on your Mac or MacBook machine. So in this article, I will teach you, how to completely uninstall applications on Apple Mac.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
I have also found a query in many forums like people are asking, how to uninstall apps on MacBook Pro, how to uninstall apps on MacBook Air, how to uninstall apps that won’t delete and so on. We would like to tell you that each mentions queries have one and only one solution that you are going to learn today. Let’s start.
ALSO READ: [Speed Up Slow Mac Running macOS Catalina/Mojave] – Easy Pro Tips
-: Jump to the Content:-
Steps for Uninstall or Remove Apps From macOS Mojave/Catalina
- Step #1: Go to Finder and open the /Application folder from the left side finder panel.
- Step #2: Now, select the application that you want to delete.
- Step #3: Right-click on the application and tap on “Move to Trash” or drag the app icon to the trash.
- Step #4: Next, delete the Application from the “Trashcan” – Recycle bin too. You mac will ask to enter your Mac system Passcode. Enter to Verify it and That’s it.
So this is what you read is to uninstall an application on macOS. However, if you want to completely uninstall the application on a Mac then follow further steps.
Delete or Uninstall Apps from LaunchPad, Without
- Open LaunchPad on Mac. [Click on Launchpad icon available on Mac Dock.] Touch Bar Mac users can Open Finder from Right of Control Strip.
- Find your App, [Also you can search from above search].
- Press the Alt/Option key from the keyboard, All Apps will jiggle. And Click on Delete [X] to Move App into Trash.
- You can delete App from the mac system because it’s open.
- Then force close the process that running in the background. we can force close the app process from Activity Monitor, Launch Activity Monitor from Spotlight search, Select process that related to Program, and click on the (X) button to close process. That’s it. Now-Again try to delete or move to trash for uninstalling Programme on Mac.
Delete Program on Mac Using Launchpad
All the Apple Apps and Third-Party Apps downloaded and installed on your Mac we can see on Launchpad at a glance. Let’s Get the idea of how we can delete/Uninstall Software from Any mac, MacBook pro-Touch Bar [Using Touch Bar]. This process is marked as an Easy and Quick that most of the mac users uninstalling the app like this way,
- 1: Open LaunchPad on Mac. [Click on Launchpad icon available on Mac Dock.] Touch Bar Mac users can Open Finder from Right of Control Strip.
- 2: Find your App, [Also you can search from above search].
- 3: Press Alt/Option key from the keyboard, And Click on Delete to Move App into Trash.
That’s it. Also, delete the data from the trash folder. Now in the next step Clean up your Mac System like Subfolder of Delete software, Follow the next step.
Delete app Data from the App root folder on macOS Mojave/Catalina
Most of the Premium or App-in purchase program creates a different folder that prevents from authorizing the future installation. So your All Work and History you can access after reinstall program. Some Free software or Trial program also creates a file that has information about installation time and After a trial period, you can use it or Re-install to extend the 30 days more trial. Follow the below steps and delete all Subfolders and Files after the delete app.
- Step #1: Go to “Finder.” Or type “Finder” in Spotlight Search by open it using (Command + Space)
- Step #2: Click “Go” from the top of the finder menu panel.
- Step #3: Now, click “Go to folder.”
- Step #4: From that, you can get access to any folder by merely entering the path.
To delete various leftovers follow the hints, that completely uninstall application mac
how to delete software on Mac that won’t remove because of Software Created multiple Folders and Copied Fils to many Folders that helps in re-install or Future time.
- Crashes: ~/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/
We would like to show you how to delete the Crashes of application in the macOS Mojave.
This is how you can do it to jump directly to each folder by entering the path mentioned below.
- Library: ~/Library/
- App Saved States: ~/Library/Saved Application State/
- Support Caches: ~/Library/Caches/ and /Library/Caches
- Binary and dock icons: ~/Applications/
- Plugins: ~/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/
- Application Support files: ~/Library/Application
- App Preferences: ~/Library/Preferences/
So these are the files that can be accessed easily by the user. Unluckily, there are some files available which you can’t remove from the system because they are macOS is preventing from removing those files.
An app that won’t delete from the launchpad, Try alternate delete app options
Drage icon from desktop or From Dock to Trash bin we cannot uninstall it completely.
To force delete app, Move app from applications folder under Finder to Trash icon on the desktop. Or right-click on the app name, Select Trash.
Can’t Uninstall App on Mac? or App won’t delete from launchpad
How to delete apps on Mac that won’t delete? First, Force Close the App Running in Background, Finally Delete App
Still, there are some applications that you are not able to eliminate; then it might be pre-installed applications that Apple has provided in Mac. That’s why the system is protecting those applications from deleting.
Moreover, if you are facing difficulty while uninstalling the application and getting an error box then, just force close the app by pressing “Command+ Option+Esc” and try to remove the app. Alternatively, you can reboot the Mac and then delete the application from Mac.
Trying to delete an app on mac but won’t delete because it’s open error shows frequently, please try our deep article about to Mac can’t delete an app because of it’s open.
App Uninstaller Mac Software for macOS Mojave/Catalina
Quickly select multiple apps that want to remove or delete completely from Mac System. CleanMyMac 3 preview has amazing features and ready to use quickly manage and improve your Mac performance in a single click with any issues on data and more.
Do you have a tip and suggestion that works and great for you? Don’t miss to share with us on the comment box below. You might also interested to learn the following tips.