One of the most awaited function that users are waiting over the years has been finally available in iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max. The feature are we talking about is Dual-Sim support. In my experience, the iPhone is an awesome product among all the, but before this Apple Event 2018 there was only one feature was lagging that was dual sim support. However from now onwards iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have all the hardware and software supports that we were looking for, isn’t it?
With dual sim, you can have two phone numbers in a single phone, and there you can bifurcate them as the Business number and personal number. There are a lot more facilities are released with dual sim support which is mentioned below. Keep reading and use your dual sim iPhone with more flexibility.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
You Can use Two neon sim card in mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau.
Complete Guide to Setup and Use eSIM on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
1. Fresh Setup Cellular Plan With eSIM on iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs
It takes a few steps to set up the cellular plan on eSIM,
- Go to the “Settings” app.
- Tap on “Cellular”.
- Next, tap on “Add Cellular Plan”.
- Open the iPhone’s camera and scan the QR code provided by the carrier.
- Sometimes you may receive a confirmation code from the particular carrier, so you have to enter it and activate the eSIM on your iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max.
There is also another way to add a cellular plan. Yes, you can also add cellular plan manually by tapping on “Enter Details Manually” on the bottom of the screen and complete the setup.
Also, use Carrier app for eSIM Activation,
Else you can download the carrier app and then activate and select the cellular plan right from the app.
2. Quickly Switch eSIMs on iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs
The thing that Apple still doesn’t include in to use two sims simultaneously. However, you can store two sims but can use only one at a time.
- Launch “Settings” in your iPhone.
- Tap on “Cellular”.
- Now, tap on “Cellular Plans”.
- Select the Plan to be used.
- lastly, “Turn on” This Line.
In order to reduce confusion between two numbers, you can label the number as Professional or Personal.
3. Give a name to Cellular Plans
This option lets you to select the particular number that you want to use to call or receive call and texts and along with that set the phone number to use cellular data.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Open up the “Cellular” option.
- Select the number to change labels.
- Tap on “Cellular Plan Label” and enter the custom label or choose among the listed ones.
Use Primary as your default line:
If you select this option then FaceTime, iMessage, SMS, Data and the voice will use your primary line by default. And the second line will be only used for SMS and voice.
Use Secondary as your default line:
If you go for Secondary line then it is totally opposite to the primary line. As voice, SMS, data, FaceTime and iMessage will all use secondary line and only the SMS and voice will use a primary line.
Use Secondary for Cellular data only:
The line itself tells you the meaning, it will use secondary line only for data.
4. How to Manage Cellular Settings
From here you can manage several options as per your requirement in your iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max.
- Open “Cellular” from the “Settings”.
- Tap on “Phone Line”.
- There you can open various options and customize them.
5. How to set the default number for calls in iPhone
This is the point where many users waste their time in selecting contact number to call. Instead, you should set the default number and then the iPhone will automatically use that number.
- Open up particular contact.
- Next, click on “Preferred Cellular Plan”.
- Lastly, enter the phone number that you want to use with that contact.
In case if you are busy on a call with someone and at that time on another SIM you are receiving a call, then you will get voicemail and it only works if you have enabled this function. Therefore you will not get notification of missed-call from another number.
Switch Phone Number Before Call, Message, SMS/MMS, iMessage, Face Time.
6. How to Switch phone numbers for a call
Before calling someone here’s how you can switch number.
- From the Phone app, tap on the information button next to the contact.
- Tap on the number that you are using currently and then there only go for the new number.
7. How to Select which number uses iMessage and FaceTime
Similarly, in iMessage and FaceTime, you can also change the number.
- Launch “Settings” and open “Messages”.
- Next, go to “iMessages & FaceTime Line”.
- Enter or select the number that you want to use.
8. How to Switch the phone number before sending SMS or MMS
To change phone number before texting someone then follow the steps,
- Go to “Messages” app.
- On the top right corner, you will see “New Button” tap on it.
- Its time to enter the name of the contact and tap on your current number.
- Select the number that you want to use.
9. How to Change Cellular Data Number
If you don’t want to use cellular data from selected sim then switch the cellular data number.
Premium Support is Free NowWe are happy to help you! Follow the next Step if Your Solution is not in this article, Submit this form without Sign Up, We will revert back to you via Personal Mail. In Form, Please Use the Description field to Mention our reference Webpage URL which you visited and Describe your problem in detail if possible. We covered your iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 8(Plus), iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 6S(Plus), iPhone 6(Plus), iPhone SE, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPad All Generation, iPad Pro All Models, MacOS Catalina or Earlier MacOS for iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, WatchOS 6 & Earlier on Apple Watch 5/4/3/2/1, Apple TV. You can also mention iOS/iPadOS/MacOS.
- Go to “Cellular” followed by “Settings”.
- Tap on “Cellular Data”.
- Finally, choose one number that you want to use over cellular data.
Now the time is over to use Extra Benefits from Two carriers that have specific offers for Data, Call, and More. After installing eSIM setup in your iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS.