WhatsApp introduced new features for sharing your live location with your friends or Family in personal chat or Group into the encrypted format. in this topic, I’ll teach you how to share and use WhatsApp Live location sharing for iOS devices (iPhone and iPad). Also, get the troubleshooting guide if you won’t share live location on WhatsApp from iPhone or iPad. Track real-time location on the WhatsApp app.
Note: Unable to get or find live Location Sharing on WhatsApp iPhone, iPad. Please update WhatsApp to the latest version. Any Updates are available then, Close the app and Launch again. The main thing is that the user can’t send fake live locations on WhatsApp iPhone.
How to Send Your Live Location in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
It’s really easy to share live location on WhatsApp. Just make sure that you have updated WhatsApp with the latest version. To update, open App Store > Profile > Update WhatsApp.
- Launch the WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Tap on specific chat or group, with whom you want to share the live location using WhatsApp.
- Near the text area, tap on the (+) to expand the menu.
- Choose “Go to More.. and Find Location” or “Location”.
- Then, tap on Share Live Location.
- Now, you’ll have certain time limits given, 15 Minutes, 1 Hour and 8 Hours. Tap to select one.
- Also, there a space to add text/caption before sharing your live location on WhatsApp.
- Lastly, tap on Share.
How to Stop Sharing Live Location in WhatsApp on iPhone
If you no longer want to share the live location on WhatsApp, then it is also possible to stop sharing location on iPhone before the timer.
- Again open the WhatsApp.
- Open the chat, to end the sharing of Live Location.
- Tap on Stop Sharing and confirm.
How to Share Live Location in WhatsApp on Android
However, iOS and Android have minor interface changes in WhatsApp; so you might want to look at the stepwise guide on how to share WhatsApp Live Location Android.
- Go to the WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Open the Chat to share the live location.
- Tap on the Pin icon to bring more options.
- Select Location.
- Tap on Share live location.
- Adjust timer, enter comment and tap on Share.
How to Stop Sharing Live Location in WhatsApp on Android
Here’s how to stop sharing live locations in WhatsApp.
iPhone Live Location Sharing not working on WhatsApp
1. Enable Location Service
Are you getting: “No nearby Places Found”, Turn on location service on iPhone, and also check it’s not disabled for WhatsApp. Scroll down the screen and Find the WhatsApp app, Customize Settings like while in use or Enable.
Go to the Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Enable Location Services.
2. Reboot or Hard Restart
iPhone 8 Plus/8 Plus/ iPhone X, iPhone XS, XS Max, XR:
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,
- Press and Hold Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
To Start the iPhone, Again press the Side button until the startup apple logo on the screen.
iPhone 6S and Earlier: Sleep/Wake + Home button
iPhone 7/7: Sleep/Wake + Volume Down button until Apple logo on the screen.
3. Reset Location & Privacy
Fix any issue related to location service, Go to the Settings > General > “Transfer or Reset iPhone” / “Reset” > Reset Location & Privacy.
Above are the Quick tips for using WhatsApp Live Location Sharing from iPhone, iPad, and fixed issues.