Last Updated on Oct 4, 2019
Instagram is a famous platform for viral pictures. And after the great accomplishment, it achieved a new level by adding IGTV and video collection. definitely, any app has more than features so sometimes due to maintenance or server issues some feature can be stuck for a while. same way users claim videos on Instagram will not play. Significant the bug starts immediately after an iOS update. you worrying because your Instagram videos won’t play, the following guide will offer footprints why the Instagram videos are not playing in iOS and a number of quick fixes to resolve the issues.
Many users are reporting similar issues concern Instagram video not playing after iOS 13 or later update. Instagram Video can’t play due to the old version of the App and so that you must have to check the Instagram version app.
Major Reason for Why are Instagram Videos Not Playing/Loading on your iOS?
- Internet issues: the Wi-Fi or cellular data connection you are employing is not adequate to play Instagram videos.
- The data file on your iOS Instagram app may likewise be broken or damaged or a probably outmoded version of the app.
- Sometimes quite likely that the video on IGTV or insta video post you are trying to stream has been Removed by the Instagrammer who posted that video.
- Turning ON power saver or Low Power Mode on your Apple iOS device can also deter you from streaming the Instagram videos.
Get Answer: What to Do When Instagram Videos Are not Playing or Loading in iOS?
Solution One: Check Your Device Internet Connection: Wi-Fi or Celluar
Please make sure that the internet that you are using can load other Online apps before going to check below given hard resorts. For example; You can run a test of the internet by an open safari on your device and launch google home page. if it loads expectedly. Then your Wi-Fi connection is Okay. bu if your device instream runs with cellular data then
Open Settings> Find Celluar or Mobile data > Scroll the screen and check toggle next to Instagram is ON/green.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Another thing for Cellular Data users:
Use Less Data is Off,
Open the Instagram App > Tap on Profile icon appear bottom-right side > tap on More (three horizontal lines) located upper-right coener> tap Settings can see on bottom > Go to Account> Tap Cellar Data Use> make sure Use Less Data toggle off/white.
If it On/Green, then it may affect your experience on Instagram for example, photos and videos may take longer to load.
One More thing: Activate 4G, VoLTE ON for Celluar data to load Instagram faster
Open Settings App > Tap Cellular o Mobile data> Turn Celluar toggle ON/Green > next Tap Celluar Data Options > Tap Voice & Data > choose 4G, VoLTE ON. [Using 4G can load data faster and improve Voice quality.]
Everything above mentioned above are in your favors, however, Instagram videos won’t play, you should go to the next troubleshooting to fix.
Solution Tow: Update or Reinstall the Instagram App
No internet issue, no worry, check your Instagram app is updated if outdated, please update quickly.
Open the App Store, tap on the profile picture appear top-right side, next scroll down the screen to get Update sections, and find Instagram App, if not found insta app then there is not available new update.
- So you should delete and re-install the Instagram app.
- Tap hold the Instagram app icon on the iPhone home screen.
- on your Instagram app icon, you get a rearrange app option,
- Tap on rearrange app, all app on the home screen will start to jiggle, now tap on x mark icon on Instagram to delete. finally, confirm the delete Instagram app.
Next, You can Re-install the Instagram iOS app using App Store,
- Just open the App Store >
- Find Instagram App on top search Bar
- Next tap on Cloud icon next to the Instagram App.
- and wait till the complete re-download app.
- Open insta app and enter your username and password to log in.
And search a video to play and confirm that Instagram video is not loading slow. hope it will be playing now smoothly.
Solution Three: Clear Instagram App Cache
Like we mentioned above, broken Instagram data could be causing the error. In this case, the winner solution is a clear Instagram cache.
On the iPhone with iOS 12 and later, an ideal trick to clear the cache on the app is to offload an app and then re-download it again.
In this method, you will free-up the data storage space used by the app but it will keep App documents and data as it is. Here is how you can do this:
- Open the Settings App
- Tap General
- Find and tap iPhone Storage,
- Now locate the Instagram app,
- Tap on Instagram
- Tap on Offload App on the next page.
- That’s it. now re-download back.
Solution Four: Pefrom Reset Network Settings
Sometimes minor network issues created big problems and to fix the network issue, Apple iPhone has a setting called Reset network settings. Watch video on how to reset network settings to fix Instagram video not loading.
Solution Five: Make sure Low Power Mode Turned off
Turn off LPM (Low Power Mode) because sometimes power-saving mode may interrupt the Instagram Video Playback. To turn off power saving mode on iOS follow the bottom steps:
Open Settings App > navigate Battery > Tap on Battery > Turn Low Power Mode OFF/white.
Because of Enable LPM temporarily reduces background activity like downloads and mail fetch until you can fully charge your iPhone.
Solution Six: Report a bug to Instagram Owner
Open the Instagram App – Tap on Profile icon get on bottom-right side corer – now Tap on More (three horizontal lines) at the top-right side – now go to Settings located to the bottom- Choose Help – Tap Report a Problem – click on Something isn’t working – So here you will get text editing area, please write here recent
- Instagram problems like
- Instagram video won’t load
- Instagram video not playing or loading with a spinning wheel
- And at the end tap on the Send button.
You’ll get a popup for Thanks! Says Your feedback helps make Instagram better.
Solution Seven: Restore your Apple iPhone
Clean install iOS that means take a fresh back copy on your Mac (Finder or latest iTunes) or PC using iTunes. You can get here the complete Guide.
Premium Support is Free Now
Note: macOS Catalina or later macOS user can use Finder for Restore Apple iOS device. macOS Mojave and old macOS and Windows User can use iTunes. Because of no more iTunes on the latest macOS.
- Open the latest Apple iTunes/Finder on Your PC or Mac. [if you have no iTunes installed, then you can download iTunes free from the online]
- Next, Connect your iPhone to Mac/PC Using lightning cable. Unlock your iPhone using the passcode to pair with Mac/PC. After Pair iPhone with iTunes/Finder.
- Click on Device from iTunes window, and Finder Sidebar.
- Click on the Restore button that will Erase all Data from your iPhone and install a new copy after download it from the internet.
- After Restore the device, Connect your iPhone to iTunes/Finder and Restore the latest backup that you have taken.
- This step for macOS Catalina and later users – Rester backup using Mac Finder
Do you have any other trick to fix Instagram Video won’t Play on iPhone? please drop it in the comments.