Last Updated on
Raise to Wake is an Impressive way that makes iOS smart mobile smarter, Because we can quickly launch the camera by Swipe left, Access Widgets by Swipe right, Turn on Torch from bottom flashlight shortcut, Access Camera from shortcut to take a Photo. Some iPhone users keep the Raise to Wake feature of because of Battery consumption or Accidentally turned on Flashlight when in the pocket. So, check your device is compatible with Raise to Wake or Follow the below steps to turn on/Turn off Raise to Wake on your iPhone from the settings app.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Later on in the Present Android devices also support the Raise to Wake lock screen feature. So we can turn on from the settings just like the iPhone.
Guide For iOS Raise to Wake Features, Compatible Device
Raise to Wake Meaning!
- Raise to Wake is a very user-friendly feature no one likes to turn off, Because of your iPhone screen wake while you try to access or look at the iPhone screen. When your Lift your iPhone from Flat surface, Your iPhone screen Wake up and Unlock using Face ID at the same time. So We can start using our Phone without touch the screen.
Raise to Wake feature is important and most likely on an iOS device Because at a Glance we can read the notification and Time, Date without touch the screen or press and Button. Raise to Wake is supported and depends on Hardware configuration so it is limited for older models but New iPhone models allow to Enable or Disable from the settings.
Raise to Wake Compatible Apple Device
If you are finding the Compatible iPhone model that has Raise to Wake feature, Here’s the iPhone model.
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Po Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple Watch Series 1, Series 2, Series 3, Series 4, Series 5 and Later all
Compatible iOS versions: iOS 10 or later All
Keep your iPhone Updated with the latest iOS version from iPhone settings, Go to the Settings app on iPhone > General > Software Update > Download and install the latest Software. That’s it.
Disable/Enable Raise to Wake on iPhone from Settings
- Open Settings app on iPhone > Display & Brightness.
- Scroll to Raise to Wake and Enable toggle to green to turn on.
- That’s it.
Troubleshooting: Raise to Wake Not Working on iPhone & Apple Watch
Some helpful solutions I will suggest if your iPhone will not Wake the screen when you lift up your Phone from the Flat surface.
- Keep your iPhone Updated with the Latest iOS version.
- Reset All Settings on iPhone. Settings app > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- Hard Reboot your iPhone.
- Turn off & Turn on Raise to Wake toggle, Get out from stuck.
- Find More Tips: Raise to Wake Not Working on iPhone
- Find More Tips: Raise to Wake Not Working on Apple Watch
Frequently your iPhone sleep when in not use, But wake up only when you take action like calling Siri (iPhone 6S/ 6S Plus), Press Touch ID/ Home button or Sleep/Wake/ Power Button.
But not on Movements, New iOS 10 activate M9 Motion Processor for enabling screen light when change position. From horizontal on Table to Vertical screen move.
This also features useful for energy saving. Automatically adjust the screen timeout when you are not on. Not Sure about Auto Raise to Wake settings customization. But hope you will do it from the setting.