Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
iPhone users were proposing Apple for years to allow changing the name of the Bluetooth device on iPhone, here it comes with the latest update. It’s really troublesome to identify paired and connected Bluetooth accessories with the same name or weird code language. Now you can update the name of the connected Bluetooth device anytime, for instance, I’ve three speakers in three different rooms of the same brand and model, how am I recognize between the speakers? This is where renaming Bluetooth device iOS 14 comes in the picture, I can simply change the name such as Bedroom Speaker, Living Room Speaker, Office Stereo, etc.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Apart from this, iOS 14 offers super cool Privacy and Security features to guard your iPhone, and of course, you. We’ve also listed the key features of iOS 14 that you don’t want to miss. Now getting back to the article, let’s see how to rename the Bluetooth device iOS 14 on iPhone, iPad.
How to Change the Name of the Bluetooth Device iOS 14 iPhone
Before you start,
- To rename the Bluetooth device in the iPhone, it must be paired and connected to the iPhone or iPad.
- These steps are applicable to AirPods, HomePod, or any third-party accessories that can be connected via Bluetooth.
- The process is the same for the iPad updated to the latest iPadOS 14 or later.
How to Rename Bluetooth Device in iPhone, iPad – iOS 14, iPadOS 14
- Go to the Settings app.
- Open the Bluetooth menu.
- Connect the Bluetooth accessory that you want to rename, as it needs to be paired and connected before changing the name of the Bluetooth device in iOS 14.
- Next to the connected Bluetooth device, tap on (i).
- There you’ll see Name field, tap on it, and rename the Bluetooth device, whatever that makes it easier to find out the products without chaos.
Video Tutorial: Change Bluetooth Device Name iPhone, iPad
If you want to see practical, then here’s our detailed video explaining the entire process to rename the Bluetooth accessory on iPhone, iPad.